Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Chain heal (rank 4) being the most mana efficient resto shaman heal for all circumstances, even single target. During BC.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Pretty much anything in Vanilla or TBC, 80% of them in Wrath, and 40% of them in Cata. I agree that the MoP talents aren't "fun" because you only get one every 15 levels, but they are MUCH better than "increase x by x%" which is all the old talents prior to that were. I would rather just get the things that are important caked into my abilities and the important abilities, that were talents before, learned at a certain level.
    No, old talents were not always percentage increase. You could actually put talents into all three specs, and play hybrids.

The current talent system is too niche. pvp or pve. On pve, you could not pick any talents at all for some levels and incase of hunters from all levels. You would not be any worse, and still be more than the middle of the pack. It is a lose lose situation. How do you make talents meaningful without making it cookie cutter? If it is not cookie cutter, than the talent does not matter to begin with, thus you can ignore it if you want. If its cookie cutter, than there is no choice.

Looking at the TBC trees made me miss some of the play styles, especially the resto druid (both PvE and PvP)

Cried a tear as I carefully remembered my Resto PvP Build...

You used to have to spend talent points so that sap had a chance to not unstealth you.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Looking at the TBC trees made me miss some of the play styles, especially the resto druid (both PvE and PvP)

Cried a tear as I carefully remembered my Resto PvP Build...
    the spec into feral charge days. MAAAAAAAAN

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    You used to have to spend talent points so that sap had a chance to not unstealth you.
    Also, you were actually slower in Stealth than out of Stealth (even with talented extra Stealth speed). That made much more sense to me, who the hell is going faster when they are sneaking than when they are running? I also think that it was a more interesting ability due to there being a tradeoff, you actually had to decide to use the ability (design philosophy that I'd think Blizzard usually is in favour of). It was probably also less problematic on a technical level (lag). Actually, I can't see any reason why it should be faster other than "We simply want it that way" or "It's more convenient".

In Vanilla, Survival hunters had a ton of talents that led me to believe it was a melee spec.

Yes, I tried to play it that way.

No, it did not go well.

Warrior's Mace stun procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    No, it did not go well.
    I remember a video of a survival hunter with thunderfury. that was pretty fun with heart of the wild.

Create Firestone was pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    In Vanilla, Survival hunters had a ton of talents that led me to believe it was a melee spec.

Yes, I tried to play it that way.

No, it did not go well.
    I have to agree with this one.

My first main was a hunter, and I did for a while feel that I did more dmg as melee than ranged. The survival tree was also indicating this with a lot of melee related talents.

Pets was also a no-go in raids back then, atleast on my server. The background for it, was probably both their pathing having a tendency of ninjapulling, and second, they were so much more fragile. Not really a talent that one though, but a feature of the class. There is a reason pets have changed a ton since then.

Basides that I don't really remember much. Certainly not from MoP, where I have hardly played and probably just read the talents once I picked them. Then never looked at them again since I didn't really play for anyone else but myself.

Worst talents? anything u get in mop.

U are bashing tbc/wrath talents just cuz u see "x increase in y" when it was way deeper then that. It all went down to how talent x works togheter with talent y. Great example would be destro locks in wrath (or tbc cant remember) playing without choas bolt to get molten core.

The current level 90 mage talents made me regret hitting 90, and it's anti-fun. I loved leveling from 85-90 as frost in pvp, then came the letdown. I hope they change them entirely next expansion, instead of the current band-aiding.

I'm also glad the increases n by x% thing that we had before, but they're more boring than anything.

What was that old Mage talent from the Arcane tree that boosted armor by some percent of Intellect? That must have been pretty useless.

Improved distract and throwing weapon specialization for rogues, repentance 31 point talent for prot pala...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2013-06-27 at 12:57 PM.

This should be put on the front page of mmo-champion. Atleast the talent calculators, just so people could really see how bad it actually was before.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Stupid spell design: Sentry totem.
    Do I need to explain?
    WHAT!? It was the best spell until it got fixed. No more elevator games as a shaman =[

Cataclysm hunter MM tree had BM oriented talents in it(3 talents on 3 different tiers totall of 6 talent points)....made no sence at all tbh

Counterattack for hunters, up until the end of cata it still mentioned Mana in the tooltip, despite us not having that since wotlk. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    the spec into feral charge days. MAAAAAAAAN
    Hehe I started off with a feral charge spec, which I loved, but consiering my 3v3 team, moved onto specing into insect swarm instead, to throw in extra pressure.