Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
  1. #501
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    You used to have to spend talent points so that sap had a chance to not unstealth you.
    and on top of that it wasn't even 100% chance to remain in stealth, but 90% for 3 talent points

  2. #502
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    Everything done to Holy Paladin post-wrath. I have forgiven Blizzard though.
    Literally the only thing Holy Paladins did during WotLK was put up Beacon and then spam Holy Light. You enjoyed that?

  3. #503
    Paladins take the cake for iterations and shuffling, but I the worst talent design is the current one!

    They were designed for a level 90 toon.

    They can be swapped mid fights with a reagent, which was a design Blizzard wanted to eliminate. Might as well force druids to bring seeds again or candles for priest. Horrible design and they willingly brought this back.

    Swapping mid fight. Playing XY combo, get this talent. Because a website or a pvp guru told you, no self thought involved.

    Dead space. Your level 19, have fun till level 30, but here's a shout ability at 20 to put on your bar, have fun. Go kill 25 moar pigmen.

    Cookie Cutter. Still exists. Going into fight "A" this talent is required. PVP this talent is "recommended" Say w/e you will about the 51 / 61 / 71 talents but there was wiggle room in many specs with "core" pve and pvp abilities.

    Old design had options! Example. You want to be able to CC better in 5 mans as a hunter, go into survival and take the trap talents. This I consider talent system which improves your current spell and helps the way you play. Or you are bored with MM's play style, try survival. Counter strike was one of my favorite abilities, matched with deterrence. Now there is one play style only, with "flavor" abilities per spec.

    Why doesn't blizzard mix the systems together to create a per level talent that changes "x" spell with an ability talent per 15 levels. Remove reagants. Respecc requires gold and put abilities in there to tailor to a particular person. Example, X druid hates casting roots but a talent makes this instant, while Y druid takes mass entanglement. Or give hunters the talent to choose cobra shot versus steady shot, they are essentially the same spell.

  4. #504
    Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    Literally the only thing Holy Paladins did during WotLK was put up Beacon and then spam Holy Light. You enjoyed that?
    Believe it or not there were those of us that did enjoy Paladin before the Holy Power changes. I played one up until Cata, and frankly have had a very hard time enjoying the class after its addition.

  5. #505
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    Literally the only thing Holy Paladins did during WotLK was put up Beacon and then spam Holy Light. You enjoyed that?
    I sort of agree and disagree. WOTLK paladin was silly, and the more it went, the sillier it became. It culminated with HM LK and RS, where your lack of mobility sometimes resulted in a dead tank because you had to move 5 yards.
    However, what they did to paladins in early cata was completely retarded. Our mana was gutted (granted, like all the other healers'), HR was crap, and HoPo and LOD were not enough to compensate.
    Once they changed HR in 5.3, holy became highly enjoyable again, and remained that way in MOP.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Believe it or not there were those of us that did enjoy Paladin before the Holy Power changes.
    The problem was not the lack of HoPo, it's the complete lack of mobility. It's nice to be a tank healer and stuff, but if you have to move a bit and the tank dies because you can't heal on the move, it's stupid. Halion's meteor (or w/e it was called) and LK's defiles still give me nightmares.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  6. #506
    Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    Literally the only thing Holy Paladins did during WotLK was put up Beacon and then spam Holy Light. You enjoyed that?
    Aaaaaand you're wrong. Did you even play one? The old healing style before Cata actually separated good healers from bad. Todays healing is all about gear.

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    Aside from genuine hybrid builds that were, at best, used for solo play and to satisfy the curiosity bug everyone has, I'm amazed how ignorant people can be saying it was better back then.
    Is it better now? You could say that.
    It seems blizzard essentially trimmed the fat, so to say, and give the things we put points into to us passively as we level.
    We aren't missing out on anything. Really. We aren't.
    Except for "increase armor/crit/spirit by 10%" talents.

    We have to remember as well, although the game title has stayed the same, the game is a completely new beast now then what it was back then. That of course skews opinions.
    How is it better now when we have the exact same cookie-cutter builds, with fewer interesting talents and choices overall? Hell, I recently did heroic Immerseus on my rogue and RANKED without ANY talents at all, just to prove a point. Not a good system.

    Talk about ignorant?
    Last edited by xixixviixiiii; 2014-02-01 at 12:33 AM.

  8. #508
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Aaaaaand you're wrong. Did you even play one? The old healing style before Cata actually separated good healers from bad. Todays healing is all about gear.
    Hahahahahaha. Old healing style from LK was spamming bubble for disc (which was OP as heck), spamming rejuv for druid (who were benched for H LK because imba healer balance), spamming HL on tanks for paladin and spam CoH for shamans. Mana was basically a non-issue. Hard stuff.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •