Deleted

Did they just hotfix Nether Tempest?!!!!

Right... i just logged on and had to download a patch.. no big deal.. however, i'm in LFR as we speak and i'm noticing something with Nether Tempest.

If i put it on a target now it says :

Deals $$$ Arcane damage every 0.$$ seconds.
    Deals $$$ Arcane damage every 0.$$ seconds to a random target within 10 yards every 0.$$ seconds|

Now this on its own is not very bad, however, it seems Nether Tempest no longer takes a snapshot when its applied, but now works on direct procs etc. I see the number go up and down when i have procs without applying a new Nethertempest

What does this mean?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    edit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

After doing multiple tests ( not just me but other forum members as well ) it turns out nothing is wrong! we can breath again till 5.4!
    Last edited by mmoc95246e56fb; 2013-06-27 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    It means that we are Fu..ed if thats true...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    It means that we are Fu..ed if thats true...
    I just checked, without refreshing the DoT its scaling to the amount of haste i have at that time... so its not taking snapshots anymore :S

Deleted
    hmm seems to work the same as before for me.

Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    I just checked, without refreshing the DoT its scaling to the amount of haste i have at that time... so its not taking snapshots anymore :S
    Tick interval on the DoT tooltip updates dynamically with haste, it doesn't use the haste value of the snapshot.

Deleted
    The tooltip doesn't mean anything, it has always been the case.

NT applied
    deals damage every 0.5 s
    haste proc
    tooltip becomes deals dmg every 0.3s
    but NT still deals damage every 0.5s

My tooltip has always been doing that king of things. But I'm gonna go and test it anyway.

I just tried it and doing the same. Either its tooltip errors or nerfed :|

Deleted
    Reading is not hard at all, i have just tested it on dummies while checking on recount when it comes to ticks, it turns out that its NOT a tooltip bug,

First i used Nethertempest without any haste buffs etc, got to 17 ticks,
    Then using just Icy Veins i got to 20 ticks,

Using Nethertempest on the last second of Icy veins ( to see if it takes a snap shot ) i got to 18 ticks.

Or i'm a complete retard. or they changed something.

Deleted
    Just tested it.

Test 1 : no proc
    NT : 16 ticks

Test 2 : meta proc
    NT : 20 ticks

Test 3 : proc but no refresh

Test 4 : proc falls off

So everything is just fine. I'm playing with 9631 haste rating & frost armor and that's exactly what I should get according to http://wowcalculator.com/#mage_frost

Deleted
    Just read the NT-Snapshotthread:
    How would a system work in that a dot works dynamicly with haste?
    At the time you cast the spell takes your haste, calculates the time between the ticks, calculates the number of ticks and this results in the runtime of number of ticks*time between ticks.
    This time u can see in game, on your Dottimer etc. This time is set.
    If for example some haste procs before the last 2 ticks and the tickspeed is reduced by lets say 0.5 sec the dot would end 1 sec before it should end. such a behaviour is very unlikely.
    I think all you do is again looking at the tooltip which we proved wrong.
    That all belongs to haste. Spellpower/Crit is another thing.
    And BTW: Crit is the easiest way to check. Just Deep Freeze a mob, apply NT and look. It should crit nearly all the time due to Shatter. If it stops critting very often after DF breaks they changed something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thanje View Post
    Just tested it.

Test 1 : no proc

Test 2 : meta proc

Test 3 : proc but no refresh

Test 4 : proc falls off

So everything is just fine. I'm playing with 9631 haste rating & frost armor and that's exactly what I should get according to http://wowcalculator.com/#mage_frost
    I re-tested it as well, and checking through my first log i did today i actually managed to not benefit from the Icy Veins at all due to a nicely timed laggspike! I suppose i got a bit afraid after downloading the patch and then looking at the changing numbers on Nether Tempest. !

So.. no worries! we can't relax till patch 5.4 .

Deleted
    no comment.

how are you still able to remember to breath?

15+ Year Old Account
    broken tooltip..

its like that for almost every spell

Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    I see the number go up and down when i have procs without applying a new Nethertempest
    It's always been like that, at least for NT. When I wanted to see how much Haste was affecting it, I noticed how it kept changing.

However, it would be physically impossible to make DoTs scale with your CURRENT Haste because it can increase/decrease the duration of them.

As far as Crit, Int, and Mastery, they could make those scale, but then it wouldn't be as fun; it'd just be a huge irritant.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not even a broken tooltip. The tooltip will always reflect what would happen if you cast the spell at that moment. You might notice that Arcane Blast's tooltip also changes dinamically with the amount of Charges and damage/intellect procs. Another easy spell to check is Ice Barrier, oscillates from 85k to 140k absorb with procs (or something like that).

Nothing new to see here so I am ending the discussion. The question has been answered.
    My magic will tear you apart.