Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    It could be skirmishes, it could be region-wide battlegroups, it could be them just implementing a gradual buff like what is on AT.

    They could be adding more / different versions of Arena maps, although I imagine that would've got datamined in the most recent PTR patch.

    We'll have to wait and see.

    can you tell me, what exactly are these skirmishes i keep hearing about?

    i remember seeing them on the pvp menu back in wotlk/BC maybe, but i never did them. arn't they just the same as wargames?
    dragonmaw - EU

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    can you tell me, what exactly are these skirmishes i keep hearing about?

    i remember seeing them on the pvp menu back in wotlk/BC maybe, but i never did them. arn't they just the same as wargames?
    You could queue for skirmishes solo (you would automatically get matched with other skirmishers to get to 2/3/5 people) or in a group and you didn't have to be in an arena team. The fight wasn't rated.

    It was basically 2v2 "duelling" with random people. Nobody queued for 3v3 or 5v5 skirmishes.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,854
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    You could queue for skirmishes solo (you would automatically get matched with other skirmishers to get to 2/3/5 people) or in a group and you didn't have to be in an arena team. The fight wasn't rated.

    It was basically 2v2 "duelling" with random people. Nobody queued for 3v3 or 5v5 skirmishes.
    oh thats pretty cool!
    dragonmaw - EU

  4. #24
    They remove pillars from arena!

    Nah too much of a dream...

    Every 2 minutes, a huge troll monster like Jinrokh but with old model enters the fight and randomly fixates a player for 5 sec, hitting for 100k.

    Nah too much of a dream again...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    oh thats pretty cool!
    Yeah, it was awesome for sinking time and also to test out arena macros, addons or talents/glyphs. I still don't get why it was removed, the Wargames feature should have simply been added on top of skirmishes :/ other than the queuing they are the same anyway (I think?).

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 11:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    They remove pillars from arena!

    Nah too much of a dream...

    Every 2 minutes, a huge troll monster like Jinrokh but with old model enters the fight and randomly fixates a player for 5 sec, hitting for 100k.

    Nah too much of a dream again...
    Lol. In the early days of arena there would spawn a tornado in the Nagrand arena after some time that moved in random directions and kicked you back. I can't remember anything for the Blade's Edge arena though...
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-06-27 at 09:26 PM.

  6. #26
    Old AV. I can dream.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

  7. #27
    Making resilience baseline? No. That would be stupid.

    ...

    ...

    Oh, wait..

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Yeah, it was awesome for sinking time and also to test out arena macros, addons or talents/glyphs. I still don't get why it was removed, the Wargames feature should have simply been added on top of skirmishes :/ other than the queuing they are the same anyway (I think?).

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 11:25 PM ----------



    Lol. In the early days of arena there would spawn a tornado in the Nagrand arena after some time that moved in random directions and kicked you back. I can't remember anything for the Blade's Edge arena though...
    Lol awesome, always loved the idea of adding extra mechanics to newer arena maps.
    Hate the pillars because they are just too generic and boring, actual tactics on the other hand could cost you the match or you could use it in clever ways to your advantage, could be so much fun imo + would help weaker setups against stronger setups, that problem is indeed annoying.

  9. #29
    Is it the new PvP trinkets being tied into a 2 piece set? You get 10 percent resil for having a full set of PvP trinkets.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    Is it the new PvP trinkets being tied into a 2 piece set? You get 10 percent resil for having a full set of PvP trinkets.
    That's a much needed but very VERY underwhelming change. So I hope that's not it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That's a much needed but very VERY underwhelming change. So I hope that's not it.
    I don't think that's what it is, since they had to shut down Arenas for it (unless I misunderstood something...). There have appeared some new client strings, you can read it on the front page as well:

    ARENA_BATTLES_2V2 - 2v2 Arena Battles
    ARENA_BATTLES_3V3 - 3v3 Arena Battles
    ARENA_BATTLES_5V5 - 5v5 Arena Battles
    BEST - Best
    BINDING_NAME_FOCUSARENA1 - Focus Arena Enemy 1
    BINDING_NAME_FOCUSARENA2 - Focus Arena Enemy 2
    BINDING_NAME_FOCUSARENA3 - Focus Arena Enemy 3
    BINDING_NAME_FOCUSARENA4 - Focus Arena Enemy 4
    BINDING_NAME_FOCUSARENA5 - Focus Arena Enemy 5
    BINDING_NAME_TARGETARENA1 - Target Arena Enemy 1
    BINDING_NAME_TARGETARENA2 - Target Arena Enemy 2
    BINDING_NAME_TARGETARENA3 - Target Arena Enemy 3
    BINDING_NAME_TARGETARENA4 - Target Arena Enemy 4
    BINDING_NAME_TARGETARENA5 - Target Arena Enemy 5
    This looks like some simple UI changes to me, which wouldn't make sense either though according to my first argument.

  12. #32
    Immortal apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    7,799
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    You could queue for skirmishes solo (you would automatically get matched with other skirmishers to get to 2/3/5 people) or in a group and you didn't have to be in an arena team. The fight wasn't rated.

    It was basically 2v2 "duelling" with random people. Nobody queued for 3v3 or 5v5 skirmishes.
    Have skirmishes that give honor:O
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  13. #33
    I'm gonna guess spectator mode for arenas.

  14. #34
    i think the exciting new change was pve trinkets that double your int or just give you mini bloodlust. orange cloak will be pretty hilarious when it procs

  15. #35
    Immortal apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    7,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I'm gonna guess spectator mode for arenas.
    That would be my guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I don't think that's what it is, since they had to shut down Arenas for it (unless I misunderstood something...). There have appeared some new client strings, you can read it on the front page as well:



    This looks like some simple UI changes to me, which wouldn't make sense either though according to my first argument.
    They hae already announced that they were adding the focus part of it, I think we already had the Target part in one of the other builds.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    They hae already announced that they were adding the focus part of it, I think we already had the Target part in one of the other builds.
    Yeah, the strings are probably completely unrelated to the twitter comment then.

  17. #37
    I'm guessing spectator mode, especially if they've had to disable arenas totally for it.

    That is a great thing, will bring a lot of players back to the game believe it or not.

    And I think adding the separation of PVE/PVP abilities would also be worth the time investment. I know it would be a fair bit of dev time, but the amount of players I personally know who would come back if such a change were to happen is quite a bit, and that's just me. If Blizzards main concern is that it would "confuse" players, I think they severely under-estimate their player base. What's confusing about it? Nothing changes in PVE. In PVP the spell/ability still does the same thing, just to a different effect, great thing.

  18. #38
    Warchief DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,219
    from codes it looks like auto made focus frame keybings or a new kinda ui that allows better focus target options?
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    from codes it looks like auto made focus frame keybings or a new kinda ui that allows better focus target options?
    That would be a UI change, which has nothing to do with how arena's work. My thoughts now are either skirms still, or joined battlegroups. I also highly doubt it would be a spectator client, why would they need to bring arena's down for that? It's more of a UI change I would assume, not really like implementing something that allows you to solo que. Seems like if it was something big that they would bring the whole servers down.
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Have skirmishes that give honor:O
    This might be the best idea I have heard on here. I get tired of running bg after bg sometimes. I love arena but I also don't want to do arena matches undergeared because most people have at least honor gear and winning wouldn't happen often with crafted/pve blues which makes it pointless. I'd love to do some arenas while earning honor, maybe like 180 per win and nothing for a loss just like conquest for rated arena.

    Not gonna happen but damn what an idea!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •