Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Druid wants a word with you.
    And yet moonkins are way above every spec of hunters on every single heroic fight except Tortos!

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    - BLACK Arrow should be black, not purple
    Way to be racist about it Paula Deen.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

One of the weakest of their abilities... steady shot belonging to MM hunters which are no where NEAR a good spot in pve... what exactly is the OP talking about now?

You take away the ability to move and cast SS/CS then they loose focus on movement fights = a dps loss
    Back when they had mana it wasnt such a big deal they could cast their shots within their mana limits but SS did contribute to a larger portion of their dps.. well considering MM was the top dps spec for multiple expansions and since ArP has gone by by its been the worst...

They need to redo the talents and stop force feeding pets down your throat if you want to play the class. I loved MM back in wrath. I would main my hunter if I wasnt forced to play with pet bullshit talents and MM wasnt a horrid dps spec.
    All these pet things need to be tied and 'balanced' into bm poping a cd and letting your pet eat someones face requires no skill. BM requires no skill and is the top dps spec for hunters also the best pvp spec.

Back in BC everyone was on the LOLBM kick funny how the tables turn... sad yet funny.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Steady shot, and by extension cobra shot, shouldn't be castable while moving. It's called STEADY SHOT, what is STEADY about moving. For all balance purposes, hunter's could just lose the mobility of such a change and gain some damage in other places.
    Then let's rename Steady shot into, hmm..... Sturdy shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    Have you ever tried to shoot a bow while running, let alone steadily? This is near impossible. Just kidding though, the OP has a terrible argument, that everything should be based solely on the name of the skill.

Anyways, it definitely feels like hunters are being taxed for being able to DPS on the run. Our DPS is mediocre when compared to other range as well as melee, though mechanics tend to hurt melee more.

Being able to move and DPS gives hunters a better competitive edge in PvP and when comparing yourself to middle/bad range, but at the higher end you just simply cannot compete with other range who know how to time their movement. I wouldnt mind going to Wrath or Cata implementation if that meant not being taxed, though I'm sure PvPers and some PvEers would cry, though they would be justified.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGnxeSbb3g

This is a fantasy game, and this is doable in real life. Not many people care about archery anymore since we have guns, but it is definitely possible to shoot while moving.
    Last edited by TheSerialSniper; 2013-06-29 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGnxeSbb3g

This is a fantasy game, and this is doable in real life. Not many people care about archery anymore since we have guns, but it is definitely possible to shoot while moving.
    clearly now totally understand why hunters tend to jump so much in randoms bgs and arenas. is the skill of just shooting while jumping, you can see that @ 4:32 of that video.

you can also check out the action of a backpedaler hunter @ 4:35.

so true hunters jump shoot 3 shots then fall back. true hunter backpedal every 3 shots.

I agree that MM should be retooled, but I disagree that any hunter spec should lose mobility. Part of MoP was losing the dead zone and being able to cast many spells that once inhibited our mobility to no longer affect it. I don't think we're ever going to return to what we were, and for good reason. I don't think any hunter is going to want to have to use a swing timer again, learn to stutter step, and fight melee (such as a DK which now have TWO DEATH GRIPS, or a Warr with Heroic Leap and Charge on a short CD/ or w 2 charges) the majority of which (as I've pointed out) have a shit load of mobility and distance closers now. Losing our mobility in light of all the other classes would seriously break us, and be an all around stupid change. It would be possible to adapt, but I doubt anyone would seriously excel as a hunter without mobility at this point in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    stead·y
    /ˈstedē/
    Adjective
    Firmly fixed, supported, or balanced; not shaking or moving: "the lighter the camera, the harder it is to hold steady".

where does it say that you cannot move your feet while you hold your bow steady?

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    WTB wrath beta Explosive Shot.
    The onslaught of QQ would be a sight to behold once more if this were to happen. Then the questions about how a fire mage has a pet and appeared to wear mail would begin.....

Steady shot, and by extension cobra shot, shouldn't be castable while moving. It's called STEADY SHOT, what is STEADY about moving. For all balance purposes, hunter's could just lose the mobility of such a change and gain some damage in other places.
    Remember when you couldn't cast Entangling Roots indoors?

Yeah, common sense just doesn't work anymore, nor has it ever really.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh hunters feel like a melee class anyways for the most part. They should just make steady and cobra shot instant with cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Then...
    - AIMED Shot shout not be casted instantly
    - SERPENT Sting should be shooting a snake out of your ranged weapon
    - EXPLOSIVE Shot should actually explode
    - BLACK Arrow should be black, not purple
    Cobra shot shoots snakes out of your ranged weapon if that helps and explosive shot does explode.

But I agree, this thread seems pointless. Like intentional flamebait.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I wouldnt mind that if they gave every spec Sniper Training, but they took that out.

So dont gimp mobility and damage, if they were going to do that they should give us all a compensation, the same we we had for years and we enjoyed using in the first place. Sniper Training.

The weapon is what is steady to take a shot not you silly.

Mmm, well I didn't really agree with making it castable on the move but at the same time since it's a filler ability it would require Hunters to be still an awful lot.

To be honest I don't like the whole concept of Steady Shot. Sort of ability that makes you feel compelled to fill every global.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm...

MM- Both Steady Shot/Aimed Shot are no longer castable on the move. Aimed Shot deals an additional 75% bleed damage over 6 seconds, Steady Shot deals 35% of its damage over 4 seconds. Both effects roll.

Arcane shot, for MM, is simply filler for if you are A) going to cap before you can cast your next Aimed Shot, B) Filler for movement periods.

In addition, MM gets an ability that allows them to trade pet for a 30% physical damage increase, or however much to make up for loss of pet. Thus, MM has low damage while moving, but high damage if they can stand still. Bombardment changed to cause Multi Shot to become Volley at a focus neutral cost.

Survival keeps CS, which is castable while moving, as well as everything else. Niche is consistant single target damage, large AoE damage with serpent spread, and almost all damage ignores armor.

BM gets new ability, BS (Beast Shot). A 3-4 second cooldown instant ability that generates a large amount of focus, deals 50% weapon damage causes the pet to instantly strike the target for additional damage (Killing Command, except a focus regen). Focus comes in large "bursts", which is then dumped with KC/AS. Arcane Shot has a chance to make the next Kill Command free and ignore the cooldown. BM's niche is heavy pet damage. Non-movement sustained is lower then MM, higher then Survival. AoE is higher then MM, lower then Survival.

MM thus becomes singular hard-hitting attacks that require planning in order to max dps. Survival remains relatively unchanged. BM becomes "empty GCD" with constant damage due to pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'm sure Blizzard will nerf SteadyShot and CobraShot too - dont worry.