Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome TrollShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Echo Isles
    Posts
    640

    Rune of Reorigination

    So today I won a LFR-version of Rune of Reorigination on my BM/MM hunter. When I tried it out on a crit > mastery > haste BM (my mainspec) I noticed my dps dropped on a training dummy, since well when rune triggers on a bestial wrath my pet hits like a wet noodle. I decided to stack mastery => crit > haste (the diff between mastery and crit on my hunter at the moment is 300 rating), and I think it's working out well especially during bestial wrath when I don't need the haste for cobra shots. I've yet to try it on marksmanship since I almost never play it due to preference

    What do you guys think about Rune of Reorigination on Beast Mastery, or any hunter spec for that matter? Is stat priority manipulation over one trinket for a hunter ideal like a Windwalker Monk?

    I haven't done normal raiding since 5.2 so forgive me if I'm ignorant over something like the BM hunter stat priority.

    Troll altoholic | Windrunner and Barthilas Horde

  2. #2
    i think this is the worst trinket i've ever seen
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  3. #3
    It's a poor trinket. It's not absolutely abysmal, but it (and Talisman of Bloodlust, too, for that matter) are bad enough that you should treat them as if they were at least a tier (13-20 ilvls) lower than they actually are.

  4. #4
    Got the Thunderforged one some time ago (Juju and Renataki refuse to drop after roughly 12 heroic kills on 25m), tried it, and vendored it.

    I actually think you would do better DPS by not having a second trinket equipped at all.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome TrollShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Echo Isles
    Posts
    640
    hmm I see, thanks for your replies everyone.

    It's really unfortunate that I apparently ended up with a poor ToT trinket because my previous 2nd trinket was honestly Wrath of Unchaining (the Spine of Deathwing agi trinket) and I kept losing 463 agi trinkets to off-specs or even warriors. My mogu coins would also work on everything but the trinkets too ):

    time to grind dailies for VP trinkets then.
    Last edited by TrollShaman; 2013-06-06 at 05:48 PM.

    Troll altoholic | Windrunner and Barthilas Horde

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    hmm I see, thanks for your replies everyone.

    It's really unfortunate that I apparently ended up with a poor ToT trinket because my previous 2nd trinket was honestly Wrath of Unchaining (the Spine of Deathwing agi trinket) and I kept losing 463 agi trinkets to off-specs or even warriors. My mogu coins would also work on everything but the trinkets too ):

    time to grind dailies for VP trinkets then.
    If you don't have anything better, I'd use it. The agility from the ilvl is still good even if the proc isn't that good.

    Also, I don't know if you know this, but you can trade your jp for honor and get 476 honor gear. They have the same stat budget as any other 476 ilvl pve gear. Sometimes it is actually better than their 476 pve equivalent.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 07:10 PM ----------

    Also if you use the rune over bad juju or renataki's you will be trading agility for secondary stats most of the time.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  7. #7
    Femaledwarf shows my Heroic Rune (got it on bonus roll) as a 2100 dps loss over my 510 bottle. 1800 dps loss with 2/2 upgrade. Guess it really is horrible trinket.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome TrollShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Echo Isles
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

    Also, I don't know if you know this, but you can trade your jp for honor and get 476 honor gear. They have the same stat budget as any other 476 ilvl pve gear. Sometimes it is actually better than their 476 pve equivalent.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 07:10 PM ----------

    Also if you use the rune over bad juju or renataki's you will be trading agility for secondary stats most of the time.
    I knew about trading JP for honor pvp trinkets but it felt a bit sketchy to only gain agi from the procs itself since the passive stat boost only yields pvp power.

    Troll altoholic | Windrunner and Barthilas Horde

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    I knew about trading JP for honor pvp trinkets but it felt a bit sketchy to only gain agi from the procs itself since the passive stat boost only yields pvp power.
    I was talking about the gear (because you have some <476 items on right now), not the trinkets, my bad. Pvp power is not in the stat budget of the item and thus is perfectly viable pve gear.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Pvp power is not in the stat budget of the item and thus is perfectly viable pve gear.
    Except for weapons, as those have only half the secondary stats of an equivalent-ilvl PvE weapon (though the weapon DPS will often make it still an upgrade over a lower-ilvl PvE weapon).

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Except for weapons, as those have only half the secondary stats of an equivalent-ilvl PvE weapon (though the weapon DPS will often make it still an upgrade over a lower-ilvl PvE weapon).
    Wrong. Blizzard added double stats onto weapons in 5.3. The stat budget of a 498 pvp item is the stat budget of a 498 (if it existed) pve item.

    examples: Tyrannical Gladiator's Decapitator Tyrannical Gladiator's Heavy Crossbow
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-06-07 at 06:38 AM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    What do you guys think about Rune of Reorigination on Beast Mastery, or any hunter spec for that matter?


  13. #13
    There are only 2 specs that have a use for Rune of Reorigination, maybe 3.

    Windwalker monks can get a 150% damage buff from their tigereye brew for 15 seconds. Feral Druids can apply extremely powerful bleeds through mastery, and I believe they actually don't get recalculated when you extend them. I think Sub rogues can also use it, because they stack mastery and can put their S&D and rupture to ridiculous levels.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  14. #14
    guardian druids going for rage want Rune as well.

    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  15. #15
    Its not as bad as everyone thinks tbh. I have pretty equal crit and haste (around 7.3k on both as SV) when it procs I get around 22k extra crit rating. It works best when your 2 top stats are pretty equal so at least one of the double stats is very high.

    | Warrior Moderator | Protection Warrior Weakaura Group |

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Its not as bad as everyone thinks tbh. I have pretty equal crit and haste (around 7.3k on both as SV) when it procs I get around 22k extra crit rating. It works best when your 2 top stats are pretty equal so at least one of the double stats is very high.
    WRONG!

    to make optimal use of RoR, you want to ideally have your top stat to be JUST above the 2 stats that are converted. example: if you have 21,001 stat points after caps and you want to proc crit, your preferred stats are 7001 for crit and 7000 for haste and mastery each. that's because every point you spend in crit would be worth 2 points of crit if it was in the other stat.

    however, the problem is that hunters don't have anything they can cast at the end of the proc to game the proc. Your mastery is a flat damage increase or proc chance. you don't have any meaning DoT effects that don't get refreshed automatically. Monks have TigerEye Brew, whcich gives 15 seconds worth of 1.5% damage per stack per mastery point. Druids can roll high damage bleeds from mastery procs. Sub rogues can have an extremely powerful Rupture and Slice and Dice rolling through mastery. but Hunters just get a lot of crit at the expense of other stats. so you're going to crit a lot more, as will your pet, put your focus regeneration and damage needed to augment those go down the gutter. A Tigereye at the end of the proc means you get a massive damage boost, but with standard crit and haste values. Feral druids only cast bleeds during the effect, which don't benefit from haste. and sub rogues can easily get a 100-150% Slice and Dice or Rupture up. 36 seconds of 150% bonus attack speed could be huge.

    However, Hunter stats are woven together. you need somewhat balanced stats to perform. if you lose a bunch of stats, that hits much harder than the stats you gain.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    guardian druids going for rage want Rune as well.
    Brewmasters can use it for either a Crit or Mastery build for burst DPS/avoidance or burst (near 100%) physical mitigation. Most prefer the crit build though because the mitigation isn't reliable enough to be utilized at critical points of a fight where the avoidance built up from the Crit build can have more offset control. Plus it adds DPS to get the fight completed sooner.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    WRONG!
    Not wrong, by doing what you say you will be completely nerfing your damage for the rest of the time the proc isn't active due to the stat strengths. For SV crit and haste are pretty equal (unless you have all of the RPPM items) with mastery lagging behind.

    With your "better" (worse) suggestion you would have less proc chance on the trinket (due to less haste) and a truck load of wasted mastery for maybe 2k extra crit when it procs.

    | Warrior Moderator | Protection Warrior Weakaura Group |

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Not wrong, by doing what you say you will be completely nerfing your damage for the rest of the time the proc isn't active due to the stat strengths. For SV crit and haste are pretty equal (unless you have all of the RPPM items) with mastery lagging behind.

    With your "better" (worse) suggestion you would have less proc chance on the trinket (due to less haste) and a truck load of wasted mastery for maybe 2k extra crit when it procs.
    the point is still that the trinket is bad, u can't utilize the proc as a hunter (through mechanics or stat-stacking)

    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  20. #20
    Basically it seems like the trinket is usable by hunters but not game breaking like it is with other classes. If you had to choose taking it over one of those other class specs then you shouldn't take it ever. If it drops and no one else really wanted it or you coin/LFR it and it's the best you've seen so far then as Clampy points out you could make use of it. I would think that with the ICD on RoR if ou trying to proc crit you might be able to supliment your focus regen for proc periods with Fervor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    WRONG!

    to make optimal use of RoR, you want to ideally have your top stat to be JUST above the 2 stats that are converted. example: if you have 21,001 stat points after caps and you want to proc crit, your preferred stats are 7001 for crit and 7000 for haste and mastery each. that's because every point you spend in crit would be worth 2 points of crit if it was in the other stat.
    The reason that Windwalkers setup their gear that way is because without the RoR, Mastery is a garbage stat. They put Mastery 1 point over the other stats just so it's the highest for the proc while the rest of the time they can still do some half way meaningful DPS and as you say, have decent crit and haste for the after proc. During the proc period a monk is going to try to pool resources to be able to burst the duration of their TEB. Likely that will mean just using some Jabs to pool Chi, using any free procced Tiger Power/Blackout Kick and only using RSK (preferably early in the proc) if the debuff will fall before they enter their RoR supercharged TEB period.

    While it's not game breaking or possibly the best trinket for a hunter like with other classes, it still seems like it would be usable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •