Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Steady Shot shouldn't be castable while moving

Steady shot, and by extension cobra shot, shouldn't be castable while moving. It's called STEADY SHOT, what is STEADY about moving. For all balance purposes, hunter's could just lose the mobility of such a change and gain some damage in other places.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya lets nerf hunters more not like they aren't already being nerfed
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Then...
    - AIMED Shot shout not be casted instantly
    - SERPENT Sting should be shooting a snake out of your ranged weapon
    - EXPLOSIVE Shot should actually explode
    - BLACK Arrow should be black, not purple

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Steady shot, and by extension cobra shot, shouldn't be castable while moving. It's called STEADY SHOT, what is STEADY about moving. For all balance purposes, hunter's could just lose the mobility of such a change and gain some damage in other places.
    they always could just make filler castable on move, (For all casters) and the other abilities require you to stand there. That, or they could always make chances to miss when you're moving, which cant be stopped by stacking hit.
    also expect hunters to say no to do, such as any class that has mobility would due to the fact of the survivability they have

Seriously? We're already mediocre DPS with no raid utility and limited defenses, despite that we have major nerfs incoming, and you want to nerf us even more? Go pick on some mages or warlocks, please. Or don't, and just accept that there's nowhere in the official game documentation that says hunters actually -have- to be terrible, and that they might occasionally beat you in PVP. Seriously, the panic from PVP players when hunters aren't free kills is just insane, and it's crushing us in PVE, because for whatever reason Blizzard actually listens to the constant cries to nerf hunters.

But, if you're worried about the name, and not just QQing about being beaten up by a hunter, I propose a different solution to your problem. We just rename them "Generic Focus Regenerating Shot" and call it a day.
    Last edited by Kurgosh; 2013-06-27 at 06:14 PM.

While the OP is correct in theory- focus was twice added to the hunter class to prevent them from doing full dps on the move, and both times the restriction was removed- it is stated dev intent that the hunter niche be mobile ranged dps.

I really don't think it gets any clearer than that. Yes, we know the history of the move- the whole point of it was exactly that, hence the name. But that's not the current intention with WoW.

PERSONALLY- I think that at most one hunter spec should be that mobile, and it should be tuned lower (hunters appear to be tuned lower than other pure ranged dps, and probably than ranged dps in general). Then another spec could reward stationary play with the damage that many other ranged get. As a pure class, hunters should be able to choose out of three niches, not be married to one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be honest you did actually just sit there and hard cast it, but that was before hunters got aspect of the fox.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    While the OP is correct in theory- focus was twice added to the hunter class to prevent them from doing full dps on the move, and both times the restriction was removed- it is stated dev intent that the hunter niche be mobile ranged dps.

I really don't think it gets any clearer than that. Yes, we know the history of the move- the whole point of it was exactly that, hence the name. But that's not the current intention with WoW.

PERSONALLY- I think that at most one hunter spec should be that mobile, and it should be tuned lower (hunters appear to be tuned lower than other pure ranged dps, and probably than ranged dps in general). Then another spec could reward stationary play with the damage that many other ranged get. As a pure class, hunters should be able to choose out of three niches, not be married to one.
    The problem with that in practice and current implementation now is that for being so mobile, it seems our damage is on the lower side to balance it out. Which I don't think is fair, no class should be inherently gimped because of their class design. There are alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another hunter asking for hunter nerfs, do other classes do this all the time? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Another hunter asking for hunter nerfs, do other classes do this all the time? I don't get it.
    I'm not asking for nerfs, I'm asking for solutions to problems with the class. Nerfs and buffs don't balance a class if it's inherently flawed. The change I ask for would fix a problem with the class design. Not nerf the class, I'm asking for it to be fair.

The change I ask for would fix a problem with the class design. Not nerf the class, I'm asking for it to be fair.
    It would fix nothing.

I'm not asking for nerfs, I'm asking for solutions to problems with the class. Nerfs and buffs don't balance a class if it's inherently flawed. The change I ask for would fix a problem with the class design. Not nerf the class, I'm asking for it to be fair.
    Fair to whom? Who is it that Hunters are so OP compared to because of their mobility? Is it helping their DPS in raids? Probably, a little, but why does it matter if they're still in the back of the pack for DPS anyway? And PvP is becoming an even bigger laugh-fest with every patch they drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly you're making a big deal out of nothing.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can "steadily shoot" Steady Shot, even while not being steady, because it's a really fucking steady shot.

So I know how to fix this. Rename both shots to "Mobile Focus Generating Shot". Problem fixed. It just rolls off the tongue.

Except making steady and cobra not castable while moving wouldn't fix anything. All of our nerfs and mechanic changes are the result of PVP complaints. When was the last time you heard a PVP whiner complain about cobra shot? What you are suggesting is making steady/cobra cast while standing still, and in turn buff our other abilities to compensate, am I right? If so, that just further exacerbates the problem since it's those other abilities (instant casts) that cause the onslaught of QQ.

As for buffing the damage of steady/cobra and making you stand still, they have to be very careful with that. There's a reason they do low damage. Their main purpose is to gain focus, they account for a small percentage of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Then...
    - AIMED Shot shout not be casted instantly
    - SERPENT Sting should be shooting a snake out of your ranged weapon
    - EXPLOSIVE Shot should actually explode
    - BLACK Arrow should be black, not purple
    Ahaha firing a snake at people would be hilarious.

it's just a video game

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL

Steady Shot is perhaps the weakest ability in the game, perhaps even WORSE than Jab. At least let MM hunters keep it castable on the move.. >.>

execute, and kill shot should , kill anything.
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"