Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire tidus4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    C'thuns Stomach
    Posts
    395

    It's official, the legendary of this expansion is a Cloak

    Pandaria
    Quests
    Chapter V: Judgement of the Black Prince [Coming Soon...] 25 points. Work with Wrathion to create your legendary-quality cloak and complete his quest to defeat Garrosh Hellscream. 25 points.
    From the front page: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-17124

    Opinions?



    I think it's gonna be interesting, hopefully the cloaks don't look terrible.
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,
    Or I'll end it here!" - Tidus (FFX)

  2. #2
    Don't really care to be honest because I know I'll never get it during this expansion.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  3. #3
    I don't give a shit if its a cloak, It'll still have a fucking awesome proc. They obviously can't do weapons due to balance reasons with it avaliable in lfr

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    From the front page: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-17124

    Opinions?



    I think it's gonna be interesting, hopefully the cloaks don't look terrible.
    We've already seen what they look like. They're the more intricate versions of the ilvl 600 cloaks. We've known what they look like for what seems like months now. They look great imo.

    I'm fine with the concept myself. I'm sure they'll have some pretty interesting procs and whatnot. I'm sure a lot of people will complain that it's not a weapon but it's a pretty baseless complaint. Going back to cancelled legendaries in Vanilla we already know that Blizzards wanted to do other things than weapons.

  5. #5
    nah it will be a legendary mount called Tonysaurus

  6. #6
    Yeah, pity it's not a weapon, a bit underwhelming. And well, I don't really feel the awesomeness of an item thats called "legendary" I managed to aquire just by having quite some luck and doing what I would do in the game anyway.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah, pity it's not a weapon, a bit underwhelming. And well, I don't really feel the awesomeness of an item thats called "legendary" I managed to aquire just by having quite some luck and doing what I would do in the game anyway.
    Probably because an entire raid with super weapons would be a bit silly.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Probably because an entire raid with super weapons would be a bit silly.
    Pretty much the reason why I find it awkward to reward everybody with legendary for just... playing. It's like a kindergarten competition, you can work hard, you can screw this thing, and at the end you hear "you all performed well, here is a piece of candy for each of you!".

    Legendary has always been a... well, legend in the game. People who managed to get it server (or world) first were spoken about, everybody wanted to see them in action, some contributed to the effort of obtaining it - well, a big thing. A cape that looks like every other cape in the game, but with a bit better texture? An item everybody gets at the end? Don't feel the "legendary" in this one.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    I don't give a shit if its a cloak, It'll still have a fucking awesome proc. They obviously can't do weapons due to balance reasons with it avaliable in lfr
    they said already that proc will be on normal weapons like it was in Dragon Soul

  10. #10
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    I'm curious to how or what the ''proc'' is really I don't give a F about a weapon lol

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Pretty much the reason why I find it awkward to reward everybody with legendary for just... playing. It's like a kindergarten competition, you can work hard, you can screw this thing, and at the end you hear "you all performed well, here is a piece of candy for each of you!".

    Legendary has always been a... well, legend in the game. People who managed to get it server (or world) first were spoken about, everybody wanted to see them in action, some contributed to the effort of obtaining it - well, a big thing. A cape that looks like every other cape in the game, but with a bit better texture? An item everybody gets at the end? Don't feel the "legendary" in this one.
    People that got the server first were either extremely lucky with RNG or gamed the system using multiple lockouts. After that first World First the rate at which people would get legendarys would increase so much that the new system just skips the initial 1 week time frame where someone is congratulated for raiding one more time during a week to beat everyone else to the legendary.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Probably because an entire raid with super weapons would be a bit silly.
    Why? It will be the end of the expansion and will be replaced with a green in the new expansion, what does it matter if that green is for a level 93 rather than a 91 with other expansions.

    Overall considering how mind-numbingly dull the legendary quest (grind) line has been I really am not surprised with this.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Pretty much the reason why I find it awkward to reward everybody with legendary for just... playing. It's like a kindergarten competition, you can work hard, you can screw this thing, and at the end you hear "you all performed well, here is a piece of candy for each of you!".

    Legendary has always been a... well, legend in the game. People who managed to get it server (or world) first were spoken about, everybody wanted to see them in action, some contributed to the effort of obtaining it - well, a big thing. A cape that looks like every other cape in the game, but with a bit better texture? An item everybody gets at the end? Don't feel the "legendary" in this one.
    I think you put too much stock in a classification name.

    Some legendaries were only available by killing a boss and getting lucky. They've brought back the long quest to forge it. I think it's putting forth that effort, going through that questline, that makes it a legendary, in an RPG perspective.

    Also, I know several people who didn't give a flying fuck who got what. We'd see it flash up on the screen, we'd go, "Huh." And that was about as much as we cared about it. If one of us was also trying to get it, we might say, "What a dick." :P That really sums it all up. Try thinking of it from an RPG perspective instead of from an MMO perspective.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by pawu View Post
    nah it will be a legendary mount called Tonysaurus
    A legendary mount would be bad. ass.

    And, it would last longer than any fucking weapon, cloak, metagem, or otherwise.

  15. #15
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    A legendary mount would be bad. ass.

    And, it would last longer than any fucking weapon, cloak, metagem, or otherwise.
    Wouldn't be very legendary if everyone has it hence the only acceptable legendary mount was the black bug :P

  16. #16
    I don't mind what slot the legendary is, or the looks. As a progression minded person, I see legendaries as a means to helping your raid.

    The only thing I'm worried about is how abundant these will be in PvP, and whether or not the proc on it will be toned down.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsquared View Post
    I don't mind what slot the legendary is, or the looks. As a progression minded person, I see legendaries as a means to helping your raid.

    The only thing I'm worried about is how abundant these will be in PvP, and whether or not the proc on it will be toned down.
    if the meta gem is any indicator, they wont be at all.

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Pit Lord Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,277
    I'm pretty sure the only reason they didn't go with a wep is because every single person who does LFR would have a shiny sick weapon, which would mean PvPers would have it too before the next exp comes and it would be Legendary daggers all over again.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only reason they didn't go with a wep is because every single person who does LFR would have a shiny sick weapon, which would mean PvPers would have it too before the next exp comes and it would be Legendary daggers all over again.
    Yeah but you couldn't do that shit in LFR at least hence that was an exception.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •