Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    do you think that via augmentation the cloak will get an even higher itemlevel? so basically 5.4 questchain adds +procc & +stats or will it stay itemlevel 608?

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avorx/advanced

That guy was the only guy who got that. It was in the game.[COLOR="red"]
    I thought it was a player called Noktyn (according wot wowhead)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    So it is not available in game then?
    Only one person got it, and no-one else can. By some people's definition, people who have posted in this very thread, that makes it the single most legendary item in the game. But you can't just disqualify things that have been removed. A lot of things are no longer available in the game. The legendary mount, for one. Heck, you can't get Atiesh anymore. Blizzard used to have a habit of doing that, to "keep things rare." So what, because they removed the Amani Warbear or the Plagued Proto Drake, those never happened either?

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Only one person got it, and no-one else can. By some people's definition, people who have posted in this very thread, that makes it the single most legendary item in the game. But you can't just disqualify things that have been removed. A lot of things are no longer available in the game. The legendary mount, for one. Heck, you can't get Atiesh anymore. Blizzard used to have a habit of doing that, to "keep things rare." So what, because they removed the Amani Warbear or the Plagued Proto Drake, those never happened either?
    you cant compare something that was never meant to be in the game to something that was.

theres a legendary ashbringer and frostmourne that only gms can obtain are we supposed to count those? the necklace dropped because the loot table was bugged and someone forgot to check it. they were nice and let the guy keep it

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Does anyone know if the LMG will be purchasable/usable in the next expansion?
    I'm sure that it will. I'm also sure that once you hit level cap, it will no longer proc at anything remotely resembling a reasonable rate.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you cant compare something that was never meant to be in the game to something that was.

theres a legendary ashbringer and frostmourne that only gms can obtain are we supposed to count those? the necklace dropped because the loot table was bugged and someone forgot to check it. they were nice and let the guy keep it
    To my knowledge that was all speculation on the part of players. I've never seen Blizzard say anything about the Binding Shard one way or the other.

Of course you can disqualify this item when talking about legendary drops. One person out of 30 odd million that have played WOW received it and it appears that it was never supposed to have been part of the loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Don't really care to be honest because I know I'll never get it during this expansion.
    That's been my attitude on just about all legendaries. I've always been like "meh...cool...looks like I'll get one in a few years."

Although it was devastating to me to still not be able to do the Rogue legendary stuff from Dragon Soul.

Of course you can disqualify this item when talking about legendary drops. One person out of 30 odd million that have played WOW received it and it appears that it was never supposed to have been part of the loot table.
    If it was never meant to be in the game, they never would have coded it. The fact that it has fire resistance on it means it was made for players, not npcs or just because someone in the item department got bored. So while they may have changed their minds at some point, it's absolutely disingenuous to claim that it was never supposed to be implemented.

With that said, you've missed the second key point regarding that item. Go back and read the wowhead page again. Find a comment written by someone who was upset that it was a necklace. I'll wait here.

If it was never meant to be in the game, they never would have coded it. The fact that it has fire resistance on it means it was made for players, not npcs or just because someone in the item department got bored. So while they may have changed their minds at some point, it's absolutely disingenuous to claim that it was never supposed to be implemented.

With that said, you've missed the second key point regarding that item. Go back and read the wowhead page again. Find a comment written by someone who was upset that it was a necklace. I'll wait here.
    I am genuinely baffled by what you are trying to prove.

First of all I never said that it was not supposed to be in game but it was never supposed to be part of the loot table, there are many items in the game files that are not meant to drop either because Blizzard changed their minds mid-development, which according to the Wowhead page appears to be the case with this item, or they are not intended for the players such as Martin Fury. If you look at the armoury page of the only player that has ever received this item you will see that there is no tooltip when you mouse over it and the according to Wowpedia and Wow Wiki it was removed from the loot tables the very same day as it first dropped suggests that it was not intended for players to attain it in game.

Most importantly this thread is about the expectation players will have when they are told that by completing a long quest line they will receive a legendary item which based on all previous expansions legendary drops they will assume to be a weapon. To say that they should not expect a weapon based on a single, unintended drop that of the millions of players who have passed through WOW over almost nine years only one of them has ever acquired is absurd. It is like telling the little girl who dreams of becoming a princess when she grows up that it is a viable career path along with lottery winner.

The only thing interresting about this cloak is wether its transmogable or not.

I am genuinely baffled by what you are trying to prove.

First of all I never said that it was not supposed to be in game but it was never supposed to be part of the loot table, there are many items in the game files that are not meant to drop either because Blizzard changed their minds mid-development, which according to the Wowhead page appears to be the case with this item, or they are not intended for the players such as Martin Fury. If you look at the armoury page of the only player that has ever received this item you will see that there is no tooltip when you mouse over it and the according to Wowpedia and Wow Wiki it was removed from the loot tables the very same day as it first dropped suggests that it was not intended for players to attain it in game.

Most importantly this thread is about the expectation players will have when they are told that by completing a long quest line they will receive a legendary item which based on all previous expansions legendary drops they will assume to be a weapon. To say that they should not expect a weapon based on a single, unintended drop that of the millions of players who have passed through WOW over almost nine years only one of them has ever acquired is absurd. It is like telling the little girl who dreams of becoming a princess when she grows up that it is a viable career path along with lottery winner.
    So what are you trying to prove? That the legendary turning out to be a cloak shattered your dreams and left you unprepared for life? Well I'm sorry that occasionally things don't turn out the way you assume they would. That's life. Now you can either take your lemons and make lemonade, or you can run, sobbing, back to mommy's bosom because you didn't get the orange item you wanted. Your choice.

Don't see why people are getting butthurt that the legendary this go-around isn't a weapon. Just because every legendary (for the most part) prior to this was a weapon doesn't mean this one has to be. Besides, I figured the painting was on the way, with how everyone was getting a legendary (like every class/spec) this expansion...the last thing it would be is a weapon.

Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass

The cloak is ONE single item. It is NOT the Legendary Item the Golden Lotus is said to deliver. Maybe, people should just put their helmets back on and cool their jets until all is revealed in 5.4.

So what are you trying to prove? That the legendary turning out to be a cloak shattered your dreams and left you unprepared for life? Well I'm sorry that occasionally things don't turn out the way you assume they would. That's life. Now you can either take your lemons and make lemonade, or you can run, sobbing, back to mommy's bosom because you didn't get the orange item you wanted. Your choice.
    I would have thought what I was trying to prove was obvious I have written it in this very thread a number times. Every single legendary piece of gear has been a weapon in previous expansions and now after nine months of players assuming that this legendary would also be a weapon we are told it is not. Blizzard would have known all along that the quest was not going to reward a weapon and should have let the players know.

Honestly the fact you need to resort to childish insults about running back to mommy shows the weakness of your entire, flawed argument.

I would have thought what I was trying to prove was obvious I have written it in this very thread a number times. Every single legendary piece of gear has been a weapon in previous expansions and now after nine months of players assuming that this legendary would also be a weapon we are told it is not. Blizzard would have known all along that the quest was not going to reward a weapon and should have let the players know.

Honestly the fact you need to resort to childish insults about running back to mommy shows the weakness of your entire, flawed argument.
    They did let us know. You just weren't paying attention. This conversation has gone on far too long. Suffice to say that this is the single most petty complaint I do believe I've ever seen stated with an air of seriousness on this board. Ever.

Wel I never thought it would be a weapon. From the start of the quest line getting gems and such it was pretty clear to me that they were going down a different path with this legendary. Then after the 600 cloaks came out it was pretty obvious (at least to me) that the cloaks would turn out to be the legendary. I serioulsy doubt that they would make 600 cloaks then have another 600+ weapon. But I'm also not one to live in the past and assume all things will be the same.

They did let us know. You just weren't paying attention. This conversation has gone on far too long. Suffice to say that this is the single most petty complaint I do believe I've ever seen stated with an air of seriousness on this board. Ever.
    When did they let us know? Obviously I was not paying attention perhaps you could provide a link to the confirmation from Blizzard that the legendary was not a weapon? The first I saw that reward will be a cloak has been within the last week or two and if you read Superman-BladesEdge's reply above, and he is not alone in thinking this, there might be a further reward from the Golden Lotus so it would appear that there has been no actual confirmation from Blizzard either way.

When did they let us know? Obviously I was not paying attention perhaps you could provide a link to the confirmation from Blizzard that the legendary was not a weapon? The first I saw that reward will be a cloak has been within the last week or two and if you read Superman-BladesEdge's reply above, and he is not alone in thinking this, there might be a further reward from the Golden Lotus so it would appear that there has been no actual confirmation from Blizzard either way.
    How many pages back did I explain this to you? How about I just ask you to read the thread again. That sounds good. Good day sir.

How many pages back did I explain this to you? How about I just ask you to read the thread again. That sounds good. Good day sir.
    Why not just link it?

Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    and if you read Superman-BladesEdge's reply above, and he is not alone in thinking this, there might be a further reward from the Golden Lotus so it would appear that there has been no actual confirmation from Blizzard either way.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=215395/5...gendary-quests

There are some additional fragmented quests-- The Usurper appears unfinished, but implies there will be some sort of reward from the Golden Lotus for killing Garrosh.
    There are no specifics since 5.4 is still in its infancy. AND, those of us who have been around long enough know that just because they SAY it will happen, doesn't always MEAN it will happen. So people need to settle down and let it at least hit the live servers before getting all -