Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Legendary! Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    6,380
    Don't really care if its a cloak, Cloaks get hidden by default on my characters as I think they are possibly the worst looking part of armor a player can get.
    The only other thing which is worse is / was the WWF Style over sized belts.

    will be interesting 5to see what the proc is, and if I can stack it with various old trinkets and weapons for fun.
    CPU :- AMD FX6350 oc 4.4ghz
    Ram :- 8gb DDR3
    Mobo :- Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    GPU :- XFX Radeon 6950 2GB
    Cooling :- Corsair H50

  2. #22
    Titan DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    14,860
    Legendary cloak? Now there's something nice and refreshing!

  3. #23
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    speedrunslive.com
    Posts
    18,020
    Well since it's obtainable in LFR, they couldn't make it an awesome weapon.

    Either way.

    Worst. Legendary. Ever.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

  4. #24
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,590
    It's a Legendary.

    Don't really care what socket it goes in.

    It's a freaking Legendary.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 07:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well since it's obtainable in LFR, they couldn't make it an awesome weapon.

    Either way.

    Worst. Legendary. Ever.
    Pretty sure this isn't why.

    Join the development team and tell then come back and tell me how difficult it'd be to make a legendary weapon for every class/specialization.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Does anyone know if the LMG will be purchasable/usable in the next expansion?
    Itll most likely get nerfed so people dont keep using it

  6. #26
    Really sad to see legendary completely lose its meaning. Kind of cool that it's a cloak but a legendary should be anything other than a dime a dozen...

  7. #27
    i'm just waiting for them to say it gives us wings, and not temporary ones, ones you can use as a mount. I'd be happy.

  8. #28
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    speedrunslive.com
    Posts
    18,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    i'm just waiting for them to say it gives us wings, and not temporary ones, ones you can use as a mount. I'd be happy.
    I predict it'll give a lot of one stat, and be hidden by 50% of players.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    Really sad to see legendary completely lose its meaning. Kind of cool that it's a cloak but a legendary should be anything other than a dime a dozen...
    What is the meaning of "Legendary?"

  10. #30
    Being a cloak isn't news. Wrathion tells you after you get your 600 cloak that you'll begin working on augmenting it next raid.

  11. #31
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I predict it'll give a lot of one stat, and be hidden by 50% of players.
    Just like all your predictions were spot on, right?

    It'll probably do something involving the Celestial you're aligned with and a nifty proc.

    One stat prob would be lame, and if you have actually payed attention to legendaries in the past, they don't just do that.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Pretty much the reason why I find it awkward to reward everybody with legendary for just... playing. It's like a kindergarten competition, you can work hard, you can screw this thing, and at the end you hear "you all performed well, here is a piece of candy for each of you!".

    Legendary has always been a... well, legend in the game. People who managed to get it server (or world) first were spoken about, everybody wanted to see them in action, some contributed to the effort of obtaining it - well, a big thing. A cape that looks like every other cape in the game, but with a bit better texture? An item everybody gets at the end? Don't feel the "legendary" in this one.
    I agree with this. I know it's probably not going to happen, but I would like to see something (weapons) legendary... That is actually legendary.

    I hope they refrain from doing it this way next XP. A lasting quest line for everyone is cool and all, but don't embellish am epic and call it legendary.
    Static - US Arthas | Currently 13/13 HM | Art by ElyPop

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Pretty much the reason why I find it awkward to reward everybody with legendary for just... playing. It's like a kindergarten competition, you can work hard, you can screw this thing, and at the end you hear "you all performed well, here is a piece of candy for each of you!".

    Legendary has always been a... well, legend in the game. People who managed to get it server (or world) first were spoken about, everybody wanted to see them in action, some contributed to the effort of obtaining it - well, a big thing. A cape that looks like every other cape in the game, but with a bit better texture? An item everybody gets at the end? Don't feel the "legendary" in this one.
    Everybody who plays a Legend of Zelda game is guaranteed to pick up the Master Sword at some point. This is a weapon which has actual in-game legends built up around it. And despite the fact that anybody who plays can get it, it's still one of the most epic moments in the course of the story.

    WoW, of course, is not a single-player game. But it still has a narrative, and moreover one that puts the player's own character in the role of protagonist. The protagonist of a heroic fantasy story picking up an artifact of great power once in a while is something that really ought to be expected. Especially if, as it is with the cloaks, there's an expansion-spanning quest full of major lore figures between you and the goal.

  14. #34
    As a former raider that only does LFR now due to real life time constraints and lack of being on a populated server and no desire to pay money to move, I dislike this. Not so much that it is a cloak. While I do wish it was a weapon I think that the entire idea that ANYONE, who is willing to do LFR weekly (which take no skill or effort) is going to get a legendary. People used to work harder to get epics then they are getting this legendary. Being fully epic used to mean something. Having a legendary used to mean something. Thy are supposed to be HARD to get. They are supposed to rare. I know that would mean I wouldn't get it. I'm okay with that, I don't put the effort required to get it. Just another reason to me that WoW is losing it's good player base. Yes I am still here, but I am looking for a new home.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    Really sad to see legendary completely lose its meaning. Kind of cool that it's a cloak but a legendary should be anything other than a dime a dozen...
    Legendary. adj. 1. Celebrated in legend. 2. Extremely well known, renowned or famous.

    Doesn't seem to have lost it's meaning to me, especially as it's the conclusion of the narrative of the entire expansion. Even the Blizzard definition of "difficult to obtain" hasn't really changed all that much, it's just more reasonable for numerous people to get them at the same time. What do you want, one per realm? One across all WoW servers combined? You can't fault anyone but yourself for having a poor understanding of a term or concept and being "sad" when incongruities develop as a result.

  16. #36
    Disappointing. They better proc gooood.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    What is the meaning of "Legendary?"
    It is supposed to be an item of legends therefore rare. It isn't even just that everyone can do lfr every week and attain a legendary, I think it is just as ridiculous that all 25 raiders will have legendaries in heroic guilds.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 07:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    Legendary. adj. 1. Celebrated in legend. 2. Extremely well known, renowned or famous.

    Doesn't seem to have lost it's meaning to me, especially as it's the conclusion of the narrative of the entire expansion. Even the Blizzard definition of "difficult to obtain" hasn't really changed all that much, it's just more reasonable for numerous people to get them at the same time. What do you want, one per realm? One across all WoW servers combined? You can't fault anyone but yourself for having a poor understanding of a term or concept and being "sad" when incongruities develop as a result.
    How is an item renowned or celebrated in legend if it is the most common of items in the world.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    It is supposed to be an item of legends therefore rare. It isn't even just that everyone can do lfr every week and attain a legendary, I think it is just as ridiculous that all 25 raiders will have legendaries in heroic guilds.
    Storywise, they don't. It's like how if you go to do Shado-Pan dailies, your follower will have a name and everyone else's will be "Shado-Pan Rogue" or somesuch. You have the canon item, regardless of who you are.

  19. #39
    Pandaren Monk Shootandkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    1,822
    I will hold judgement until I see what proc or whatever it has, but as of now.... meh
    Friend Code: 4570-7432-6960. Add me if you want to play some Pokemon.

  20. #40
    The Patient Medivhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mage tower
    Posts
    231
    you can see what the cloaks look like they were datamined a couple of weeks ago. theyre just buffed versions of the 600 ones

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •