Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like it. A lot.
    Those legendary weapons from the past were cool but the class limitations were silly. Legendary for one or 2 classes? Yeah, right.
    I want legendaries like this for all future expacs. Necks, rings, trinkets, armor pieces. Something everyone can use.

Or weapons too, but only if it comes with a quest with personalized reward. This patch did the legendary grind right, removing the whole privelage thing from guilds. Everyone that played wow in this expansion for all tiers should receive the orange item.

Prestige huh? Like if running 30% nerfed firelands or dragon soul on normal in Cata was any difficult or prestigeous. Everyone and their mother ran with legendary, it was just less balanced for everyone else.

I'm happy with it. I was suprised it was not something thats not shown on your character (ring/trink/neck) to try to avoid having bunch of people running around wearing the same thing (then again theres xmog) but still. Now i just need to get those last 5 runestones for my cloak! DROP DAMNIT!!!

I still hope theere will be legendary weapon in SoO, (not for every class of course, and not on LFR)
    my PSN ID - Kobold_Rider

If the legendary has an on use effect, please god let it make us fly with an instant cast like druid's flight form. I'd love to fly around like super man. lol The other procs hopefully are something class specific, kinda like an xtra tier bonus maybe.

Its said somewhere that golden lotos has a reward after you kill garrosh. (after you get a cloack)

So its probaly some extra item we dont know abauth it. (my hope goes for mount)

Quote Originally Posted by Eul View Post
    As a former raider that only does LFR now due to real life time constraints and lack of being on a populated server and no desire to pay money to move, I dislike this. Not so much that it is a cloak. While I do wish it was a weapon I think that the entire idea that ANYONE, who is willing to do LFR weekly (which take no skill or effort) is going to get a legendary. People used to work harder to get epics then they are getting this legendary. Being fully epic used to mean something. Having a legendary used to mean something. Thy are supposed to be HARD to get. They are supposed to rare. I know that would mean I wouldn't get it. I'm okay with that, I don't put the effort required to get it. Just another reason to me that WoW is losing it's good player base. Yes I am still here, but I am looking for a new home.
    Ugh.. Less whining about LFR requiring no effort.

I'm at the 'Wait for 5.4 to hit' part of the chain, purely done through LFR. LFR isn't fun, I wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't for that chain. It's a chore doing it week after week. You need a hell of a lot of patience.. You know, durumu eye beam, numerous bits at lei shen. You're not with friends, you're just with players you'll most likely never bump into again. And the drama, the word 'retard' thrown around far too often, AFKs, the queues.

It wouldnt bother me if you couldn't get a legendary from LFR, I'm not one to whine about X has this I want it too. But doing LFR each reset, assuming you are not AFKing etc, does require effort. And, well, the celestial blessing quest isn't going to be easy for everyone, is it? *looks at last LFR boss dps meter* Unless that quest gets nerfed there's not gonna be cloaks on everyone for a while.

Anyway, looking at the chain as a whole, it was a stupid way of doing it, random drops etc. Should have worked like the daggers/staff. And yeah, its not just a cloak remember. There's the meta gem and weapon socket too, plus chance of other possible reward at the end. Hey maybe 10/25 raiders will get bonus loot box like the Shadowmourne one, how they'd do that though I'm not sure.

It is a little disappointing that it's a cloak as part of the prestige of a legendary is showing it off, I usually have my cloak display turned off because I can't stand looking at the clipping issues it usually causes, and I also play Balance druid so you won't see it when I'm in Moonkin form anyways. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what form a Legendary takes (weapon vs. cloak) because I am more looking forward to the proc/special ability that Legendaries usually come with. I do hope they have an effect you can activate to show of some sort of animation, like how Fandral's Flamescythe could be used to turn into a fire cat when not actively engaged in combat.

I think what has really killed this Legendary for me is the way we went about getting it. I never felt at all like I was forging the mightiest item Azeroth has seen yet, it was more like I was a fashion model for Wrathion's latest line of jewelery and apparel. I imagine Wrathion more like Edna Mode from The Incredibles except without the "No capes" policy.

5.0-5.1:
    Wrathion - "Well I couldn't possibly help you Darling, I'm far too busy... Oh you have Sigils of Power and Wisdom? You push to hard Darling, I will craft this gem for you, it will be bold... dramatic... heroic!"

5.2-5.3:
    *Slaps Sha touched Gem out of your hand*
    Wrathion - "No Darling, this is a hobo gem, you can't be seen with this. I won't allow it."
    Player - "What do you mean? You designed it."
    Wrathion - "I never look back Darling, it distracts from the now... you will need a new gem... that much is certain. A gem for you helm!"

5.4:
    Wrathion - "The meta gem turned out so beautifully, I had to continue!"
    Player - "Another gem?"
    Wrathion - "No Darling, Cloaks!"
    Player - "I have no idea what you are talking about..."
    Wrathion "Yes, words are useless. gobbagobbagobba, Too much of it darling, too much! That is why I show you my work."

This legendary quest just seemed to be all over the place and does not feel as rewarding as when I put my staff together in FL with each step building up to something even better.

"No Capes!" That was a good reference you did there

I think it sucks, but I suspected it. Its a cloak due to the fact that every class is getting one, and creating multiple designed different weaponmodels that all look awesome is a lot more expencive than the texture they can slap on the cloakmodel that is the same all over the board. This is going to be one of the cheaper legendaries for blizzard to ever produce.

Guess ill have to turn Display Cloak on now. *sigh* I never liked how my character looked with a cloak...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Don't really care to be honest because I know I'll never get it during this expansion.

same lol, im still on the "get 10 sigils of wisdom" quest.

i gave up trying to get them after not getting any for ages, i think the drop rate increased now, but i don't care.
    dragonmaw - EU

There is already a thread going on this topic. Did we really need another?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why? It will be the end of the expansion and will be replaced with a green in the new expansion, what does it matter if that green is for a level 93 rather than a 91 with other expansions.

Overall considering how mind-numbingly dull the legendary quest (grind) line has been I really am not surprised with this.
    I have never understood this thinking. The only time I ever replaced epics for greens was when BC came out and I had shitty Molten Core level epics. If you have top end gear you keep it until the last zone and even then a lot of those old epics don't get replaced until you start doing heroics. I had Dragonwrath during MoP and didn't replace it until I got a blue staff in Dread Wastes. High end epics don't get thrown out in the first zone.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I run around with my cloak turned off...

It's a stupid concept. Any enemy can use your cloak to strangle you or pull you off balance. From a strategic (and logical) point of view... who would actually go into battle wearing a cape/cloak?

Oh well, hopefully these cloaks will be like the LKs that drape over your shoulders instead of being a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

It's a stupid concept. Any enemy can use your cloak to strangle you or pull you off balance. From a strategic (and logical) point of view... who would actually go into battle wearing a cape/cloak?

Oh well, hopefully these cloaks will be like the LKs that drape over your shoulders instead of being a cape.

Over the shoulders... is still a cape A cloak is actually a cape... with a hood. So every cloak in the game is a cape.

two problems with this

1/ its a cloak
    2/ everyone and his dog will have it

worst legendary in wow's history

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Don't really care if its a cloak, Cloaks get hidden by default on my characters as I think they are possibly the worst looking part of armor a player can get.
    The only other thing which is worse is / was the WWF Style over sized belts.

will be interesting 5to see what the proc is, and if I can stack it with various old trinkets and weapons for fun.
    you know, those belts are really annoying me this expansion, just leveling up a tauren shaman now, and the belt just looks absurd.
    dragonmaw - EU

the meta gem replaces the weapon proc some are better then others but all are good.
    and the cloak is where you get the uberstats from i just hope to see the "fun thing" that the last 2 legendarys have had (blue dragon and bat wing slow fall)

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

Top row of cloaks is most likely the legendary ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

I still don't think it's the last thing we get. I have faith.
    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US27, is now recruiting all classes for WoD!