Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Well the legendary version is after the ilvl 600 cloak. It's stronger than that and is more than just stats.

    Also I'm glad this won't feel like Shadowmourne. That means progression will still be..well..in progress when people get this and it'll actually be a useful Legendary which is a VERY VERY rare thing throughout WoWs history.
    Hmm, when we got Shadowmourne we were defenitely still progressing. Maybe the top 100 guilds were already done?

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Not everybody. Maybe in every HC team it was obvious that a mage has Tarec and rogue has Fangs, but when other players saw those guys, they were like "aww damn, thats one hell of an item, this guy is has something legendary". Now we will have freaking "Oh, you have a legendary cloak? Nice, mine's blue"
    lol are you kidding yourself?

    at most someone might say "cool that guy can turn into a dragon" or "why the hell do you look like batman"

    the ONLY time ive ever seen someone go "oh my god that guys so cool" is when a guy in full challenge mode gear, the insane title, riding a black scarab mount and wielding corrupted ashbringer was afking in ironforge

  3. #163
    Dreadlord Forgottenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Raven Hill, Duskwood
    Posts
    859
    I am happy to be getting a legendary item however it just doesn't feel really special I guess. The quest line thus far has been amazing but it just doesn't feel like hard work had to be put in to get it. Just raid casually and you will get it.

    So thinking about it I hope they change how they do quest lines in the next expansion. Basically have two exactly similar quest lines, the only different is for LFR instead of collecting legendary items for your quest you are collecting epics and the final reward is a high budget epic which is significantly better than any LFR item and the item is on par with normal gear. For those who raid flex/normal/heroic you would be doing something similar to what we are doing which is collecting legendary items for your quest.

    LFR is meant for those who cannot raid full time but deserve to see the content, they are given rewards due to the ease of LFR as well. What this would do is allow LFR raiders to do the questline and still receive an amazing item while flex/norm/heroic raiders get to do something legendary like the FL quest line. This encourages people who really want a legendary to attempt to do flex/norm/heroic. If they cannot and are stuck with LFR they still get rewarded with an awesome item in the end.

    Also to clarify, lets say they do trinkets. They just make the trinket unique so you are either using the LFR trinket or the Flex/Norm/Heroic trinket.

    *EDIT*

    My goal is not to punish people, it is to just encourage people who really want a legendary to do Flex/Norm/Heroic, either of the three. If you can strictly do LFR or ONLY want to do LFR you still get rewarded with an amazing item that is above all other LFR items and is on par with a normal item if not a tad better. I say this all btw as a normal/heroic raider.

    I will admit that I am completely bias in the fact that I believe LFR was a mistake for the legendary quest line HOWEVER I believe that they can implement the quest line so it makes EVERYONE feel happy.
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2013-06-28 at 07:46 AM.

  4. #164
    High Overlord Sqeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Don't really care if its a cloak, Cloaks get hidden by default on my characters as I think they are possibly the worst looking part of armor a player can get.
    The only other thing which is worse is / was the WWF Style over sized belts.
    same for me. cloaks are just damn ugly no matter what color or shape but I am looking forward on the stats / proc

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Pretty much the reason why I find it awkward to reward everybody with legendary for just... playing. It's like a kindergarten competition, you can work hard, you can screw this thing, and at the end you hear "you all performed well, here is a piece of candy for each of you!".

    Legendary has always been a... well, legend in the game. People who managed to get it server (or world) first were spoken about, everybody wanted to see them in action, some contributed to the effort of obtaining it - well, a big thing. A cape that looks like every other cape in the game, but with a bit better texture? An item everybody gets at the end? Don't feel the "legendary" in this one.
    Exactly!!
    Now people get "legendary" for afking in LFR.

    Why does blizzard keep painting theese items in orange? They are nothing legendary, when every noob wears one.
    Weapon for single player in raid would be so much better - it would really feel epic!
    Now it does not!

    LFR degrade people so much,
    They actually think, if they pay the same money for this game, they earn EVERY loot that hc raiders gets with hard work.

    Soon blizzard will give them max level characters with best possible gear for afking on sw roof..
    Just make a few posts on official page with maximum reply count.
    That is how blizzard works lately, the more someone cry for something, the better the chances of getting it.

    Seriously guys, you pay the same money to get same CHANCE to see content - if you have zero skill, why punish people who put real effort in game?
    Not very good design, blizzard. Not rewarding at all.

    If you buy a gear for mountain climbing but later realize that you are too weak or lazy to climb the biggest one on world, you would cry like you own mountain as well? or ask money back for gear?
    Thats pure childish, i do not get why blizzard support this crap!


    Compare LFR with real raiding, when it is nothing more than HC scenario in terms of difficulty?
    Then you know nothing about real raiding, do not even ask for every reward.

    Bullshit!

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I am happy to be getting a legendary item however it just doesn't feel really special I guess. The quest line thus far has been amazing but it just doesn't feel like hard work had to be put in to get it. Just raid casually and you will get it.

    So thinking about it I hope they change how they do quest lines in the next expansion. Basically have two exactly similar quest lines, the only different is for LFR instead of collecting legendary items for your quest you are collecting epics and the final reward is a high budget epic which is significantly better than any LFR item and the item is on par with normal gear. For those who raid flex/normal/heroic you would be doing something similar to what we are doing which is collecting legendary items for your quest.

    LFR is meant for those who cannot raid full time but deserve to see the content, they are given rewards due to the ease of LFR as well. What this would do is allow LFR raiders to do the questline and still receive an amazing item while flex/norm/heroic raiders get to do something legendary like the FL quest line. This encourages people who really want a legendary to attempt to do flex/norm/heroic. If they cannot and are stuck with LFR they still get rewarded with an awesome item in the end.

    Also to clarify, lets say they do trinkets. They just make the trinket unique so you are either using the LFR trinket or the Flex/Norm/Heroic trinket.
    Really seems to me gear progression should be heroics/LFR -> normal -> heroic -> legendary. Not that I would turn down a legendary from LFR but it just doesn't seem very legendary at that point.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    Exactly!!
    Now people get "legendary" for afking in LFR.

    Why does blizzard keep painting theese items in orange? They are nothing legendary, when every noob wears one.
    Weapon for single player in raid would be so much better - it would really feel epic!
    Now it does not!

    LFR degrade people so much,
    They actually think, if they pay the same money for this game, they earn EVERY loot that hc raiders gets with hard work.

    Soon blizzard will give them max level characters with best possible gear for afking on sw roof..
    Just make a few posts on official page with maximum reply count.
    That is how blizzard works lately, the more someone cry for something, the better the chances of getting it.

    Seriously guys, you pay the same money to get same CHANCE to see content - if you have zero skill, why punish people who put real effort in game?
    Not very good design, blizzard. Not rewarding at all.

    If you buy a gear for mountain climbing but later realize that you are too weak or lazy to climb the biggest one on world, you would cry like you own mountain as well? or ask money back for gear?
    Thats pure childish, i do not get why blizzard support this crap!


    Compare LFR with real raiding, when it is nothing more than HC scenario in terms of difficulty?
    Then you know nothing about real raiding, do not even ask for every reward.

    Bullshit!
    where are all these magical afkers everyone is always talking about? i do lfr all the time to valor cap and you know what happens when people afk or when people arent doing enough dps? they get kicked, pretty much every time, and the same gear? hardly. not to mention even if for normal raider the solo challenges seem easy they DO take skill to do it so these "afkers" you claim will be walking around with a legendary? well they must be good and just lazy.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 03:53 AM ----------

    seriously people say this all the time and ive NEVER seen it. must be some lie mediocre players keep telling themselves. i dont think ive ever seen real heroic raiders complaining about "casuals"

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    where are all these magical afkers everyone is always talking about? i do lfr all the time to valor cap and you know what happens when people afk or when people arent doing enough dps? they get kicked, pretty much every time, and the same gear? hardly. not to mention even if for normal raider the solo challenges seem easy they DO take skill to do it so these "afkers" you claim will be walking around with a legendary? well they must be good and just lazy.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 03:53 AM ----------

    seriously people say this all the time and ive NEVER seen it. must be some lie mediocre players keep telling themselves. i dont think ive ever seen real heroic raiders complaining about "casuals"
    If you look at meters you can see people who are either afk or bare fist brawling with the boss naked. The thing is nobody starts kicking anybody unless you wipe, otherwise it's one big zerg all the way through with a not enough time between combat to kick anyone.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    If you look at meters you can see people who are either afk or bare fist brawling with the boss naked. The thing is nobody starts kicking anybody unless you wipe, otherwise it's one big zerg all the way through with a not enough time between combat to kick anyone.
    so you are admitting the majority of people in lfr arent afking?

  10. #170
    Dreadlord Forgottenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Raven Hill, Duskwood
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Really seems to me gear progression should be heroics/LFR -> normal -> heroic -> legendary. Not that I would turn down a legendary from LFR but it just doesn't seem very legendary at that point.
    Well that is how it should be, the only thing is would doing LFR would be doing a pseudo legendary quest line while flex/normal/heroic raiders would be doing the regular one. Pseudo quest line involves everything being epic while the regular quest line is legendary. In the end LFR raiders would be rewarded with an item that is superior to other LFR items of its type as well as an item that is superior to flex and even normal but not much better than normal.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so you are admitting the majority of people in lfr arent afking?
    The majority of LFR runs have SOME people AFKing.
    But yes, in any particular LFR run if the majority of people were AFKing you would be wiping unless you had some people carrying everybody that were way overgeared.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 05:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Well that is how it should be, the only thing is would doing LFR would be doing a pseudo legendary quest line while flex/normal/heroic raiders would be doing the regular one. Pseudo quest line involves everything being epic while the regular quest line is legendary. In the end LFR raiders would be rewarded with an item that is superior to other LFR items of its type as well as an item that is superior to flex and even normal but not much better than normal.
    If they were interested I think they could have found a way to give people the main story bits separated from the building a legendary bits, and just provided money for the rewards. But really the reason we have a legendary quest is pretty much because Blizzard wants to use legendary items as another way to keep players subscribed long term. Players are less likely to cancel if they are working hard on that legendary. But if you limit that to heroic players you really aren't keeping that many people subbed, so they open it up to normal and LFR. Frankly I think their first mistake was trying to legendary items as a tool to keep people from quitting instead of letting them stay you know legendary.

  12. #172
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,014
    It will probably have an image of a Direhorn on it.

    Let's see who get its.


  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Thanks for that, care to link something that is actually available in game?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avorx/advanced

    That guy was the only guy who got that. It was in the game.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 08:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    Wait. Is it made from all that Trillium I gave him?

    I do not want to wear a metal cape. That just seems unpleasant.
    Wait, you did the quest. Did you not pay attention to them forging the lightning lance from your trillium to throw at nalak to receive your meta?

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

    Legendary has always been a... well, legend in the game. People who managed to get it server (or world) first were spoken about, everybody wanted to see them in action, some contributed to the effort of obtaining it - well, a big thing. A cape that looks like every other cape in the game, but with a bit better texture? An item everybody gets at the end? Don't feel the "legendary" in this one.
    Not quite sure i could agree with that in the past having a legendary pretty much ment u are the "privileged" one in the raid grp and everyone else had to pass the quest items to u for what ever reason like being the gm/an officer, a friend of the gm... nothing necessarily to do with ur personal skills

  15. #175
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,652
    FUCK YOU BLIZZARD. A WHOLE fucking expansions work for a god dam cloak how fucking lame. For wasting my fucking time they can wave goodbye to my almost 9 year sub. I don't give a flying fuck about the procs or the fucking stats. I WANT A LEGENDARY TO LOOK COOL. And these look like stock standed sheet of iron that are wow cloaks that nobody fucking shows.

    I realy can not believe i put in a whole expansion worth of time for something this fucking disgraceful looking. It's fucking shameful of blizzard to not even upgrade the model for them.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avorx/advanced

    That guy was the only guy who got that. It was in the game.
    So it is not available in game then?

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why? It will be the end of the expansion and will be replaced with a green in the new expansion, what does it matter if that green is for a level 93 rather than a 91 with other expansions.

    Overall considering how mind-numbingly dull the legendary quest (grind) line has been I really am not surprised with this.
    Progression race.

  18. #178
    this junk isnt legendary.

    glaives are legendary. a CLOAK? yawnnnnnnnn.

  19. #179
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    this junk isnt legendary.

    glaives are legendary. a CLOAK? yawnnnnnnnn.
    Agreed shit is stupid nothing else needs to be said however I'm still curious of the ''cool'' animation factor in it maybe it can be redeeming

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    FUCK YOU BLIZZARD. A WHOLE fucking expansions work for a god dam cloak how fucking lame. For wasting my fucking time they can wave goodbye to my almost 9 year sub. I don't give a flying fuck about the procs or the fucking stats. I WANT A LEGENDARY TO LOOK COOL. And these look like stock standed sheet of iron that are wow cloaks that nobody fucking shows.

    I realy can not believe i put in a whole expansion worth of time for something this fucking disgraceful looking. It's fucking shameful of blizzard to not even upgrade the model for them.
    It fits the lame questchain. Obtaining valor points wasn't legendary anyway so you got nothing to show for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •