Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    IDK I stopped working on getting the legendary crap months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Every single legendary piece of gear has been a weapon in previous expansions and now after nine months of players assuming that this legendary would also be a weapon we are told it is not. Blizzard would have known all along that the quest was not going to reward a weapon and should have let the players know.
    Just stop. You have no point. How many legendary items have been available to all players in the game with a quest-line like the one we've had for the cloak? None? Yeah, that's what I thought. Things change. Any item could be a legendary. There is no artificial barrier proclaiming it has to be a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    Just stop. You have no point. How many legendary items have been available to all players in the game with a quest-line like the one we've had for the cloak? None? Yeah, that's what I thought. Things change. Any item could be a legendary. There is no artificial barrier proclaiming it has to be a weapon.
    This.

Plus non weapon legendaries have existed. Tanks already had a legendary trinket before. (See Mirror of Broken Images) Just because it was purple means nothing. It was also available to everyone. No one complained there. Also, talisman of binding shard which was never intended to drop.

Also, the cloak might have some sweet cosmetic buff or aura or something cool that no one yet knows about because we take data mined information as end-all-be-all facts that are never going to be changed ever, until next week.

If Blizzard continues this then no legendary is really worth anything anymore.

Legendaries used to be practical for the whole or a major part of the expansion. See Thunderfury or Sulfuras for example. Now that Blizzard is bringing legendary items in the last tier that take quite a while to make it doesn't give your guild an edge anymore, all the real progression is mostly done before that. Arguably it's more fair this way, but in that case you might just make higher ilvl epics (see the cloak in 5.3 for instance), because there is nothing legendary about these items anymore.

Even worse now we get small legendary gadgets and improvements during the expansion that which nullifies the meaning of the word legendary even more.

And on a personal note, a legendary should always be a weapon (or a shield for prot-palas/wars) ... i don't even display cloaks on my character.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

Legendary has always been a... well, legend in the game. People who managed to get it server (or world) first were spoken about, everybody wanted to see them in action, some contributed to the effort of obtaining it - well, a big thing. A cape that looks like every other cape in the game, but with a bit better texture? An item everybody gets at the end? Don't feel the "legendary" in this one.
    Always? Sulfuras hammer was maybe legendary for the screwy drop rates of the bindings ^^. The..was it staff (?) in Ulduar wasn't THAT legendary either and I think the ICC legendary sword wasn't that unique either..plus you can still solo farm it these days (as a DK).

Thunderfury and the Naxx staff...yup. That sounds legendary and we all did contribute indeed. I guess weapons just generally feel more legendary - unless this cloak would make you fly like superman.

Inspecting people and marvelling about them or their pixel achievements never was my thing, but I guess we are all different there.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    This.

Plus non weapon legendaries have existed. Tanks already had a legendary trinket before. (See Mirror of Broken Images) Just because it was purple means nothing. It was also available to everyone. No one complained there. Also, talisman of binding shard which was never intended to drop.

Also, the cloak might have some sweet cosmetic buff or aura or something cool that no one yet knows about because we take data mined information as end-all-be-all facts that are never going to be changed ever, until next week.
    Actually I'd say that it being purple does mean it wasn't a legendary. The only objective definition of a legendary item is the orange item color. That trinket was an epic.

Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    Because you disagree with me does not mean I have no point, you only have to read this thread to see that many are disappointed at the prospect of the legendary reward being a cloak for a number of reasons; it is not a weapon as many have assumed, most cloaks in WOW do not look good and what has been data mined so far shows these are no exceptions, people like to hide their cloak, etc. Yes things can change however when players are expected to invest their time over several months pursuing a reward that they have, rightly or wrongly, assumed will be, as legendaries were in Classic through to Cata, weapons it is only right that they are informed that this is going to change.

I could get behind the idea of it being a cloak, if they do something unique WITH the cloaks, but they're just the regular old cloak model with a new skin that, imo isn't all that particularly interesting at least not for me. Hope they'll at least come with something cosmetic like the tarecgosa staff being able to mount you and the DS daggers having the on use wing effect with slowfall.

I thinks it should be a weapon too, cloaks are really ugly and most players don't show them at all. Weapons are really more impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Broodling67 View Post
    It is a little disappointing that it's a cloak as part of the prestige of a legendary is showing it off, I usually have my cloak display turned off because I can't stand looking at the clipping issues it usually causes, and I also play Balance druid so you won't see it when I'm in Moonkin form anyways. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what form a Legendary takes (weapon vs. cloak) because I am more looking forward to the proc/special ability that Legendaries usually come with. I do hope they have an effect you can activate to show of some sort of animation, like how Fandral's Flamescythe could be used to turn into a fire cat when not actively engaged in combat.

I think what has really killed this Legendary for me is the way we went about getting it. I never felt at all like I was forging the mightiest item Azeroth has seen yet, it was more like I was a fashion model for Wrathion's latest line of jewelery and apparel. I imagine Wrathion more like Edna Mode from The Incredibles except without the "No capes" policy.

5.0-5.1:
    Wrathion - "Well I couldn't possibly help you Darling, I'm far too busy... Oh you have Sigils of Power and Wisdom? You push to hard Darling, I will craft this gem for you, it will be bold... dramatic... heroic!"

5.2-5.3:
    *Slaps Sha touched Gem out of your hand*
    Wrathion - "No Darling, this is a hobo gem, you can't be seen with this. I won't allow it."
    Player - "What do you mean? You designed it."
    Wrathion - "I never look back Darling, it distracts from the now... you will need a new gem... that much is certain. A gem for you helm!"

5.4:
    Wrathion - "The meta gem turned out so beautifully, I had to continue!"
    Player - "Another gem?"
    Wrathion - "No Darling, Cloaks!"
    Player - "I have no idea what you are talking about..."
    Wrathion "Yes, words are useless. gobbagobbagobba, Too much of it darling, too much! That is why I show you my work."

This legendary quest just seemed to be all over the place and does not feel as rewarding as when I put my staff together in FL with each step building up to something even better.
    lol

A million internets for you!!!

OT : A cloak is the only thing that fits this expansion's theme of a legendary that everyone can get

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I liked the FL Legendary Staff quest better, that actually required you to get help from your guild clearing normals to progress your quest.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

If the legendary was a weapon, I'd probably finally accept this game has gone off the deep end.

Do next to no work, obtain legendary weapon. That sounds great.

If only past Us could see present Us.

I guess it went off the deep end in 4.3, then. The only thing even remotely difficult about getting the daggers was getting to and killing Creed, and as to the killing part, you could team up with other Rogues so the only actual difficulty was in non-combat sneaking and patrol evasion. Getting a different color of fire on my Warlock was harder than getting gamebreaking weapons as a Rogue.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

There is nothing legendary about something everyone has.

This will be utterly bizarre. It'll be the first time people have a Legendary but might transmog it into something -else-.

My deviantART

I don't like the idea of a legendary cloak. That may be because I always turn the cloaks off so I have never known how the cloaks I wear look like.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Always? Sulfuras hammer was maybe legendary for the screwy drop rates of the bindings ^^. The..was it staff (?) in Ulduar wasn't THAT legendary either and I think the ICC legendary sword wasn't that unique either..plus you can still solo farm it these days (as a DK).

Thunderfury and the Naxx staff...yup. That sounds legendary and we all did contribute indeed. I guess weapons just generally feel more legendary - unless this cloak would make you fly like superman.

Inspecting people and marvelling about them or their pixel achievements never was my thing, but I guess we are all different there.
    Sulfuras was beast till AQ.
    TF was usable till TBC and had a unique event.
    Atiesh was rare as rocking horse shit.
    Val'anyr the Ulduar mace had an insane proc, was farmed during ToC and some people went back to finish theirs during ICC too.
    Shadowmourne was an axe, and was BiS for any Str 2h class, with a unique proc/quest line/bonus event.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=215395/5...gendary-quests

There are no specifics since 5.4 is still in its infancy. AND, those of us who have been around long enough know that just because they SAY it will happen, doesn't always MEAN it will happen. So people need to settle down and let it at least hit the live servers before getting all -
    Wrathion: I have no reward to offer you. I have already done everything in my power to ensure that you succeed. You are on your own.

End Hellscream's reign.

Me: Uh, thanks for the fairy cape, but you can go kill him yourself. If you have no Legendary weapon for me, I'm out!

PEACE!
    *ZZ Top - "Sharp Dressed Man" plays as I walk away*

That's the scenario I envision if there is no additional reward
    Last edited by DarthMetatron; 2013-06-28 at 08:48 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

"The Siege of Ogrimmar was merely a setback" - Garrosh Hellscream in WoD
    WWGCD? Unsub.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    If the legendary was a weapon, I'd probably finally accept this game has gone off the deep end.

Do next to no work, obtain legendary weapon. That sounds great.

If only past Us could see present Us.
    This post is a sterling example of the confusion I get in reading many commenters here on, in such that over the many years I have lurked here, I have seen this attitude repeatedly stated over, and over, and over on MMO-Champ. (Please note: I fault no one at the management of MMO-Champ, rather the community members who contribute here.)

"Do next to no work"

...exactly what kind of "next to no work" is it to farm sigils, do dailies to gain rep, group up to kill a world mob, run 2 battlegrounds (of which many pve players loathed, but got it done), farm 6 weeks of valor (reduced to 3 weeks yes), farm 20 runestones, have a special mechanic on a boss, then farm 12 more runestones of which I might add, many heroic raiders still have not completed do to significantly low drop rates, and then doing another solo fight, on top of more collecting and solo fighting in 5.4. This is months, and months, and months of dedicated gameplay, likely well over 100 hours.

If you are making the comment that doing all this is easy on a basis of skill level - I will not argue with that. But if you are comparing this to previous legendary quests - nothing in any previous legendary quest was any more difficult than doing any of the above.

The past "Us" would look at the current "Us" and say - "You want me to do 6 months of grinding-it-out questing and raid farming, and at the end all I get is a cloak?"

The attitude that I see many individuals post on these forums confounds me as to how you can equate "long grinds" with "next to no work." In the real world, if you put in a couple of hundred hours into something, you often get tangible benefits, like a salary, a degree, good grades. I could make the case that learning to spell is not that hard, but if someone puts in the time to learn how to spell, they should be rewarded with a good grade, not with a "lol that's so easy you did next to no work you don't deserve anything."

And again I'd note it's not everyone who has this attitude, but it's one that I see quite often and it really confuses me as to how anyone can have this mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    And again I'd note it's not everyone who has this attitude, but it's one that I see quite often and it really confuses me as to how anyone can have this mindset.
    I think it is kind of a 'me too' mindset people get when they start saying things other people have said. For example the "You get awarded for AFKing in LFR, and can get the legendary!" Ignoring the fact in practice almost nobody actually does AFK in LFR, and ignoring somebody who does that likely is too lazy to complete the quest chains and even get past the solo scenario. Yet when some people read that they nod their head in agreement in spite of no actual evidence for the argument, then adopt the mindset for themselves. It kind of cascades from there.