Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Our raid leader made someone cry

So last night me and my guild are prepping to do some normal ToT, but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together. So we get to Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and people are dying to attenuation. I don't know if it was a lack of healer or just badness.

So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers, which are mostly females, calling them names etc. And then we hear someone crying and its a girl. Anyways someone comes on vent and cusses our raid leader out and kicked him out the guild. It was the GM and the girl was his fiancee nd they were engaged. So personal story out the way, has your raid leader ever made someone cry?

"Our" sorry can't change title
    Last edited by Hogmanlolz; 2013-06-27 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Can't change title to "Our"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha oh man as being a former top tier raider yeah I've heard people cry hell even cry to me on skype / vent from time to time. You wanna know how my raid life was life in Woltk? Here I'll give you all a just of it

Yeah people will cry if they are treated like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    So last night me and my guild are prepping to do some normal ToT, but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together. So we get to Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and people are dying to attenuation. I don't know if it was a lack of healer or just badness.

So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers, which are mostly females, calling them names etc. And then we hear someone crying and its a girl. Anyways someone comes on vent and cusses our raid leader out and kicked him out the guild. It was the GM and the girl was his fiancee nd they were engaged. So personal story out the way, has your raid leader ever made someone cry?
    The last time I heard someone cry in vent while raiding was back in Vanilla and MC. We had this warrior who was around... 11. The paladins would chain bop him every fight so he couldn't dps and then make fun of him (he was school friends with ~5 people in our raid team). They would harass him so much he started crying on Garr one night. Also, now thinking about it, our guilds first Hand of Rag went to someone who promptly left our guild for a better one. Well, because of that our officers started to funnel the "good" drops among them. When Crown of Destruction dropped for the first time one of our warriors had the DKP to win it, but our Paladin GM (Who was holy) took it for his damage spec. The warrior started crying in vent as well. *different warriors*

If people were dying to attenuation it's definitely badness. Ideally if everyone is doing the right thing no one takes damage from attenuation. Even in a normal mode people can usually suck up one hit and that's it. The second one will take them down, no matter how awesome the healer is. I don't think heroic mode is going to be any more forgiving than that. Keep in mind that healers are having to move during attenuation too so unless their class can easily heal on the run they're not putting out very much healing. That "raid leader" deserved to be kicked for pointing fingers at the wrong people as well as for losing his composure.

Your raid leader is an idiot. Imerpial Vizier is one of the hardest HM's of t14/HoF. Put it to you like this: If anyone is taking damage from Attenuation they're doing it wrong, but if you've never done the fight before, and if your raid group is just going at it for the first time, it's going to take a lot of learning. It's not like normal. To be honest you'd have an easier time of pretty much everything in ToT on normal than you would Vizier heroic IMO.

Good that the raid leader is gone, you'll be much happier for it. Just go do ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Raiding is sooooo fun!!! I just can't for the life of me understand why people would rather LFR...

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this is precisely why I don't raid anymore, I hate the drama. Also because I'm in a guild with some nice people now, but they're really casual.

The raid leader in my most recent guild made someone cry. The person in question was an extremely sensitive and rather imbalanced female who went through extreme mood swings on an almost hourly basis. She fucked the raid up one too many times on a basic encounter, the raid leader (also a very moody female) went off on her, and she went into hysterics. It was an odd mix of sobbing and screaming. Very amusing. She remained in the guild and vent for about thirty seconds before she was booted.

OP's situation is precisely why it's a bad idea to join a guild that's run by a couple. It never ends well.

Lol. Nice to the GM to kick the Raid Leader because he made his fiance cry. I have seen our GM to care more about our Guild rather than his GF. He even kicked her one time. Way too much drama in that Guild. Suffice it say, I'm not longer in there.

People really let themselves get yelled at by such a wussy, high pitched voice dude?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Raiding is sooooo fun!!! I just can't for the life of me understand why people would rather LFR...
    Not every raid leader is 'Diveslike' as this guy is.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    People really let themselves get yelled at by such a wussy, high pitched voice dude?
    Some of them talked back and obviously got the boot or ''Got told to stfu'' or other shit like that. Some of us just ignored it aka me yada yada I've been in multiple types of these guilds in terms of raid leaders and such.

Shit's not exactly a fun time mind you.

Hell one time this top tier guild got fucking mad because people were doing loot wrong that shit was funny as fuck and sad at the same time.

and this is where I don't understand how people get so angry.

It's a video game. Chill the feck out. Some people just take it too seriously.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Those LFR haters have no clue what they are talking about haha man there were times especially in tbc for me when I was yelled and kicked from the guild because of this ''pro'' raiding so yeah. Remember pulling some shit on gruul and guess what happend next :P

No, but he made someone sing "A Whole New World" with him. That's kind of like crying.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why I just can't be bothered with guilds (raiding guilds) anymore, because of such 'characters' as this.

Its hard enough wiping on a boss over and over, which after going though that in wrath and cata, but having to hear some jack Russell in human form barking at you because he didn't take his riddlin, that just sucks any enjoyment from raiding, period.

I had this in my old guilds with some players, hearing the viciousness aimed at each other just because of a fucking game. I choose not to return to that, not because I was the target, but because its just unpleasant to be part of.
    #boycottchina

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account

Hahahaha oh man as being a former top tier raider yeah I've heard people cry hell even cry to me on skype / vent from time to time. You wanna know how my raid life was life in Woltk? Here I'll give you all a just of it

Is that the moar dots guy? He sounds like him lmfao

Also, I always thought he played an undead....he sounds he would for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt accept anyone to personally insult me over vent/in game chat. I usually know if i fucked up or if im doing badly. Ill just apologize and try to get better or if im really screwing things up, ill asked to get benched and ill try to fix whatever im doing wrong.
    If someone happened to insult me, i would just leave raid or if its the guild leader, just leave the guild.

Its a game, i want to have fun, not having some guy yelling at me over the internet. I quit retail because of that, not gonna take it on a game.

Lol I don't know why people cry to this ... its a game. Theres a good chance you're never gonna meet these people irl ... return the favor and tell them to get fucked! Whats the worst that could happen? A /gkick?