Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    No one..that's why this story is fake.

I've heard push to cough, push to chew, push to do other gross things with a body, but never push to cry.
    yuk in one pug there was a guy doing push-to-fap. Not something you want to hear whilst "downing" onyxia.

Deleted
    You need a guild with a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    No one..that's why this story is fake.

I've heard push to cough, push to chew, push to do other gross things with a body, but never push to cry.
    Dude I have no push to talk button... mainly because I just want to talk when I want to talk meanwhile pressing my healybuttons. So no I do not have a push to talk button. Maybe some people do not use a PTT button. That said, I do understand the need for some people/guilds to have a PTTbutton

10+ Year Old Account
    That is why I stay in a casual guild with long time friends. We are all there just to have a good time. Never has anyone come close to crying, only anger when we let some hardcores raid with us and they were commentating our techniques and gear. Well, we still get the job done most of the time.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Why the heck would a RL take a group which was just formed to HC HoF is beyond me ... especially the group which havent played at all before and dont know each other behaviur patterns, weak/strong sites etc etc :/

10+ Year Old Account
    All these stories.. ehehe

I was too nice as a raid leader, positive reinforcement apparently doesn't work as well as negative reinforcement lol

One reason I will never raid with a guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    The raid leader in my most recent guild made someone cry. The person in question was an extremely sensitive and rather imbalanced female who went through extreme mood swings on an almost hourly basis. She fucked the raid up one too many times on a basic encounter, the raid leader (also a very moody female) went off on her, and she went into hysterics. It was an odd mix of sobbing and screaming. Very amusing. She remained in the guild and vent for about thirty seconds before she was booted.

OP's situation is precisely why it's a bad idea to join a guild that's run by a couple. It never ends well.
    Funny that cause your situation was the exact same as mine o.O maybe you and me are in the same guild..
    I also agree to the last part if two or more people (one being a GM or high up in the guild) are connected via family or love ect it never tends to end well for anyone else. They will always get a better treatment than anyone else

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    If people were dying to attenuation it's definitely badness. Ideally if everyone is doing the right thing no one takes damage from attenuation. Even in a normal mode people can usually suck up one hit and that's it. The second one will take them down, no matter how awesome the healer is. I don't think heroic mode is going to be any more forgiving than that. Keep in mind that healers are having to move during attenuation too so unless their class can easily heal on the run they're not putting out very much healing. That "raid leader" deserved to be kicked for pointing fingers at the wrong people as well as for losing his composure.
    The raid leader should have stayed on this guild alone because

He decided to get the raid to HoF HC On Vizier , which is one of the hard hc encounters of that tier. It was his responsibility to prepare and inform his raid beforehand.
    Now i believe that this "raid leader" was as noob as the rest because if he knew how difficult the encounter was tactic wise (not healing or dps wise) he wouldn't have taken his raid for a "stroll" there.

And yes the hilarious part is yelling at his healers on attenuation wipe/deaths..This raid leader deserves to stay by himself in his guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Here's the thing. Perhaps their idea of fun is a quality class peformance in a raid enviourment instead of dying like headless chickens and laughing about it. Here's a question for you. WHO ARE YOU to declare priorities in life? Anyone did that for you?
    My point being, that yelling at, cussing out, and causing people to cry is not a way to deal with stuff like this. It doesn't work, for one, and it also doesn't make people want to raid with you. It breaks down the guilds community structure. You can take raiding seriously, what I'm saying about priorities is whether downing a boss in a game is more important to you than the human being at the other end of the screaming rant. You can be hard on people and teach them something without resorting to screaming and cussing them out and possibly causing them to cry.

I'm not saying that peope who take raiding seriously need to relook at their priorites, I'm referring to people who seem to care more about the game and a boss kill than the person they're screaming at.

If being yelled at and cussed out for making a mistake in a raid is fun to you.... (with sincerity, truly) carry on, more power to you, and I hope you continue to have fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    Pretty much this.

Raid Leaders who think they are all mighty and can push around others, despite just being ignorant, annoying and bad (lol @ thinking healers are to blame for deaths to attenuation).

Im casual, and we always have a blast. So, No. We always laugh it off.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    In BC and up to ToC in Wrath I was in a guild where the GM/Raid Leader/MT was a yeller/screamer, it was typically amusing when it was other people getting yelled at. I made it a point to not fuck up because I had no desire to be yelled at. I remember at one point the officers and GM were talking to me and they were like "you are the only girl on the raid team that he hasn't made cry" One night when we were working on Thorim in Ulduar I kept getting 1-2 shot by mobs and I was getting slowly bitched at more and more. If only locks had the defensive CDs we have now /sigh. After like 5-6 times of this my GM blew up at me and I'll be honest I started crying, it was more out of anger than anything though because whatever was causing it wasn't preventable on my end. I ended up taking a week off from raiding after that night.

If you'd cry over a raid leader going on at you then you really can't take criticism. Most guilds have that as one of the first questioned asked to applicants; can you take criticism?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Pretty much this.
    These arguments always bother me.

Do you post saying you'll never go outside after hearing someone got ran over by a car this one time when they left their house?

It's not that hard to find a guild that isn't filled with raging douches.

And, while I think what the RL did was unnecessary, it's not entirely one sided - making nine people wipe all night isn't much better, someone needs to be willing to tell them to pull their socks up and stop making the game more of a chore than it needs to be, the trick is not being a huge jerk about it and making them cry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    If you'd cry over a raid leader going on at you then you really can't take criticism. Most guilds have that as one of the first questioned asked to applicants; can you take criticism?
    Taking criticism when it's appropriate is one thing; getting yelled at by some pretentious idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about is a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    It's not that hard to find a guild that isn't filled with raging douches.
    If this would be the only reason, yes, maybe I could be bothered to try.
    But it isn't, it's just one reason.

Also, there could always be someone who annoys you in a guild - for whatever reason.
    Why would I want to deal with something like that if I can play without all the hassle just fine?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-06-28 at 03:18 PM.

I raid semi-casually but we do keep current content and sometimes you get mad when you continualy wipe on a boss... especially when its the same person making the same mistake every time... and thats the thing that sends me over the edge... with the way normal raiding is now... it's not hard, stay out of fire, gg. I don't mind the occasional wipe on a progression boss as long as people learn from mistakes...I'm no perfect raider but if I die from something I know what it is and I make sure not to die from it again. It's when people don't learn from mistakes that causes reactions like the OP described and part of the reason why I have push to talk on vent.
    live hard and die free

I rarly raid cuz of this reason.

But there are 2 raids i rember very well where we wiped a lot and insted of qq, ppl was actually telling jokes about it.
    Once was in Naxx and after wiping on the 4 horse men we heard ppl say something like:
    I blame the tanks! -He was the Main tank.
    I blame the horse men!
    I blame the Financial crizes!

On another raid i can't remember where. Back in the guild somebody askd how it went and the new guy says:
    My dad once said that if you try and fail you make progress, if you try and succed, you failed. Based on that we made a shit load of progress!

WoW is a game. Not a Life or Death situation. If raid leader start bitching i'm out.

Congratulations, Raid Leader -- your healer is a Bad Healer. You are a Bad Person.