Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    All these stories.. ehehe

I was too nice as a raid leader, positive reinforcement apparently doesn't work as well as negative reinforcement lol
    as sad and terrible as it sounds I believe that. My raid leader is to nice when it comes to people making the same mistakes and those people don't correct their mistakes... I really feel if he would say look we're benching you until you get your shit togeather it would help him get better in the long run because then he is motivated to do well.
    live hard and die free

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    The last time I heard someone cry in vent while raiding was back in Vanilla and MC. We had this warrior who was around... 11. The paladins would chain bop him every fight so he couldn't dps and then make fun of him (he was school friends with ~5 people in our raid team). They would harass him so much he started crying on Garr one night. Also, now thinking about it, our guilds first Hand of Rag went to someone who promptly left our guild for a better one. Well, because of that our officers started to funnel the "good" drops among them. When Crown of Destruction dropped for the first time one of our warriors had the DKP to win it, but our Paladin GM (Who was holy) took it for his damage spec. The warrior started crying in vent as well. *different warriors*
    Ha, one of our old healers told us a story similar to that and he said each time they did something like that, he'd wait for frontal cone/cleaves and taunt bosses. He said "one tease meant one nights worth of fucking them right back", he was 15 in our "must be 21 or older" raid group lol.

Sounds like the Raid leader and GM of this guild as scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyson View Post
    as sad and terrible as it sounds I believe that. My raid leader is to nice when it comes to people making the same mistakes and those people don't correct their mistakes... I really feel if he would say look we're benching you until you get your shit togeather it would help him get better in the long run because then he is motivated to do well.
    People wanna raid at the end of the day. Threaten to kick someone out of the raid / bench them completely and they might listen.

Patting someone on the back and saying something like 'No problem, try harder next time' isn't going to get the message across.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    People wanna raid at the end of the day. Threaten to kick someone out of the raid / bench them completely and they might listen.

Patting someone on the back and saying something like 'No problem, try harder next time' isn't going to get the message across.
    Depends on the situation, sometimes it's better to take the second option if the person is already beating them self up over it, the first is a much better alternative if they're not giving a fuck, showing zero concern for how they're making the night worse for the other 9 / 24 people their mistakes are hurting.

I don't get the whole "better not raid with that GM". The GM just did what he was supposed to do. What's wrong?

I also have never been harassed in the slightest in such a manner. I am doing hc ToT and I am not using vent or anything with my guild. I really don't want to hear anyone when raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyson View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. It's especially hard to bench someone if they're your friend. Suffice to say, most of my guild is my friend, which is why I had such a hard time calling out mistakes. Most hardcore raid leaders I've met generally keep a certain distance away from most people in the guild. I can't do that, I'm too social within the guild environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing View Post
    But there are 2 raids i rember very well where we wiped a lot and insted of qq, ppl was actually telling jokes about it.
    Once was in Naxx and after wiping on the 4 horse men we heard ppl say something like:
    I blame the tanks! -He was the Main tank.
    I blame the horse men!
    I blame the Financial crizes!
    LOL Financial Crisis, I think that one's been used a lot in my guild too. We also loved blaming the Carbon Tax (at the time it was a recently introduced tax in australia) for our wipes on Ragnaros lol (fire = ashes = carbon? anyone? heheh)

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I don't get the whole "better not raid with that GM". The GM just did what he was supposed to do. What's wrong?

I also have never been harassed in the slightest in such a manner. I am doing hc ToT and I am not using vent or anything with my guild. I really don't want to hear anyone when raiding.
    Uh, the raid leader is supposed to achieve the result of advancing the raid. In what way does reducing a healer to tears advance the raid? How is needing to at least take a break so the person you just verbally abused can compose themselves -- if they even want to anymore -- can go? Or the waiting while you pug a healer, and the lack of effort and interest from the other raiders for whom the night's play just stopped being even slightly fun? What you have there is total cascade failure of social skills and management skills.

Deleted
    Go find a nicer raid group, ours for example we always try and treat everyone like a human, does it effect our performance yes but it makes it a nice, enjoyable place to raid.

He could have easier just made time out of raid to chat to the person (or the heal lead) if something serious needed fixing.

Had a raid leader like this in wrath, he seemed pretty nice but would go berserk for no reason... we weren't even a really serious guild. Looking back I would've like to just tell him if you're gonna get frustrated that easy maybe you shouldn't be a raid leader, good raid leaders have to be stern but draw a line also... they should encourage people or motivate them to do well, give good direction. Sometimes it's a raid leaders poor direction or piss attitude that makes people do worse or have no incentive to do better.

If certain people aren't holding up to expectations, imo they should just say bad fit for the guild nothing personal. If you get into a situation where a guild leader rages easily just leave, tell him to calm down and stop being a child. If he was specifically making women cry, maybe he's been embarrassed by a woman irl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heard a RL or two rage pretty hard in one guild, whether they made anyone cry I've no idea; really wouldn't surprise me if they did, but I didn't see it worth hanging around there since everyone else just seemed to accept it as a price worth paying for progress. :\

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Hahahaha oh man as being a former top tier raider yeah I've heard people cry hell even cry to me on skype / vent from time to time. You wanna know how my raid life was life in Woltk? Here I'll give you all a just of it

Yeah people will cry if they are treated like this.

/video
    Jeez... man, what a guy, what a guy... Sounds pleasurable enough to be around though, aye?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    So last night me and my guild are prepping to do some normal ToT, but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together. So we get to Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and people are dying to attenuation. I don't know if it was a lack of healer or just badness.

So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers, which are mostly females, calling them names etc. And then we hear someone crying and its a girl. Anyways someone comes on vent and cusses our raid leader out and kicked him out the guild. It was the GM and the girl was his fiancee nd they were engaged. So personal story out the way, has your raid leader ever made someone cry?

"Our" sorry can't change title
    No, to answer your question, but your GM abused his power. Also, if you can't take criticism, don't player healer.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Raiding is sooooo fun!!! I just can't for the life of me understand why people would rather LFR...
    Raid on a bad laptop+lagg+heat+????=Profit!
    And time for most:P
    You get to see content in lfr, fuck off please lfr haters>

10+ Year Old Account
    Signed up for a SSC and TK run on my Mage in TBC that was scheduled for the day after i got back from holiday. During my holiday the guild did a few tries on Leotheras the Blind but never downed him. Being my first try on that boss i had watched a vid and read a guide on the tictacs as was expected in the guild.

So we pull Leo and get him to like 20% before we wipe and our RL starts going off on how they did better last week (not what i was told) and that it must be because of the first timers on the fight, namely me and 2 healers... I did everything i was supposed to do so i don't know who fucked up.
    Second try and everything goes fucking superbly and Leo dies with over half the raid alive. Please drop, please drop http://www.wowhead.com/item=30095 FUCKING YES it dropped !
    At the time we used a DKP system and out of the caster DPS i had the most so it went to me Now this is where shit hits the fan.

For some reason the RL (one of our holydin healers) objected that i should get the sword over others, especially as it was my first kill on that boss. Silence on vent, in guild chat and officer chat for a good 30 seconds before our other Mage asks: 'why shouldn't they get the sword, they have the DKP and it's an upgrade so what's the problem ?'

Loot timer is still ticking down and even some of the other officers are just telling him to give me the weapon, which he eventually does. All is good and i get to equip my new weapon as we carry on the raid. We portal to Shitlag city and i go to Darnassus to get an enchant for my weapon. Off we go to TK to try and get more Tier tokens and it kicks off again after we kill Lootreaver.

Now i was wearing 2 parts T4 (used them for PVP too) and a T5 token dropped for one of the T4 slots and i was told by the same holydin to take it and i refused. He said my frost DPS/damage was too low and i should spec arcane and get a T5 set. I said that if my DPS/damage was low, why was i number 3 on Recount for the fight and that if my DPS/damage was bad, what was he saying about the others ? I liked frost, knew how to play it, was happy playing it and was putting out good DPS/damage.

He went on to try and tell me that i should do as the RL said as they knew what was best for the guild, oh boy was that a wrong move. His GF and 6 others including the GM who had said nothing all night told him to shut up as i was right. He said i was disrespectful and logged off on the spot. His GF said not to worry and she would talk to him to find out WTF was his problem with me and/or the guild.

Later that week he apologized to me in guild chat, said that he had read up on Mages and saw that i was right. After that incident though i always got the feeling that he disliked me whenever we spoke on vent or in officer chat.

No crying or shouting on vent that night though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing View Post
    But there are 2 raids i rember very well where we wiped a lot and insted of qq, ppl was actually telling jokes about it.
    Once was in Naxx and after wiping on the 4 horse men we heard ppl say something like:
    I blame the tanks! -He was the Main tank.
    I blame the horse men!
    I blame the Financial crizes!
    You know the golden rule of raiding:
    Tank dies, it's the healers fault.
    Healer dies, it's the tanks fault.
    DPS dies, it's both the tank and healers fault - tank for not holding argo, healer for not keeping DPS alive! :P :P :P

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've never been in a raiding guild where the RL or GM made someone cry. I've been in some that scream and throw fits. But, in my experience, the best raid leaders are the ones who never yell, scream, or ridicule over vent. When "badness" happens and it's time to call it for that boss or the night, they'd just say "Well. We need to do better next time. Class O's, review the logs and chat with your people. See you all next week." Or something to that effect. People KNOW when they screw up. People DON'T want to be bad. What RL's have to root out are the people who just want to be carried and not give any effort. So, if you take that attitude that people DO want to be good, and they DO want to progress, the RL's job is to provide moral, not just leadership, when things go bad.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Yes, many times! In ulduar we had a woman (in her mid thirties) as an off-tank and she cried a lot when our GM yelled at her :P I actually loved raiding back then in that guild because I love drama and people getting angry over video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Raiding is sooooo fun!!! I just can't for the life of me understand why people would rather LFR...
    Well the highlighted example of the raid leader being a good example of the bad attitude that can come with someone in charge, in a position of power as such.
    Time commitment is another.
    Wish people would get over this stupid obsession that people are only in LFR because they want to be, but are often because they HAVE to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Sensitive much? What he did was wrong, but those were some pretty sensitive girls. If it was me, I would laughed hysterically at his outburst.

Shouldn't of done it either way, but people need to not be so sensitive while on a game.
    Lack of experience as a raid group, and blaming the wrong people.
    It is not a case of "being sensitive", but the raid leader being an ass.

Deleted
    don`t raid with juvenile nerds on a power trip.