Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild is run by a couple. We were trying to get a raiding group setup by recruiting just a raid-leader, then comprise the raid of our guild members. All was fine until the guy of the couple wanted to recruit raiders to fill some of the raid. That didn't go down to well with the girl of the couple, and then the guy was "talking" to me about it in vent for about 30 before I had to log out due to me having a bad headache from it all.

No tears there, but he tends to annoy me a lot in vent, so I usually rage quit.

TBH, I don't think I've ever seen a RL or a GM make someone cry...
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty normal ive heard so many people crying on vent or people going emo after getting roped by the GM or RL even as officer i made some people cry sometimes in hardcore raiding scene mistakes are being noticed right away and when that mistake continues you can expect full frontal attacks.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

It's a game, your raid leader has no respect for women or for people in general if he goes off and make people cry OVER A GAME, it doesn't matter how bad they are how badly you want that piece of gear, they are people and it's a game your raid leader has some growing up to do. I'm sure he's never talked to a girl irl if that's how he does it in game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember after being in a topguild in vanilla/tbc I went ahead and made a guild with my irl friends in Cataclysm to be casual. I ended up being the worst dictator leader you can imagine raging like that dude from the onyxia -50dkp vid only 10 times worse because I was expecting the same skilllevel as my old guild and it turned out I am not the cool leader type. I guess there was crying and overal scaredness of how I would react on the next wipe. Needless to say we died off very fast and I had to do a lot of apologizing to my friends after :P Went back to a normal 25 man casual guild and never vowed to do any kind of officer/leader role again lol.

But even though that raidleader might've raged hard, I would leave a guild instantly if a GM kicks a raidleader from the guild because his GF has been hurt (or so she says), unhealthy situation.

Man so many "And that why I will never raid" posts. Thats extreme. I've been in guilds with barely any drama. You just gotta keep looking.

EDIT: By personal experience casual guilds have more drama too.
    Last edited by Chaosshadow; 2013-06-28 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    People wanna raid at the end of the day. Threaten to kick someone out of the raid / bench them completely and they might listen.

Patting someone on the back and saying something like 'No problem, try harder next time' isn't going to get the message across.
    I don't think threatening people with anything gets anyone anywhere. Benching someone mid-progress just means you wasted the next 3-4 pulls while the new guys gets their bearings. If someone makes a mistake, they either know what they did or they don't. If they know, they'll fix it, if they don't, explain it better to them.

I once got worked up and chewed out our Raid Leader for running a raid on an off-night, and excluding our main tank. It was pretty cheap of the group to use the ID when not everyone was present, and kill a boss we were having issues with (not tanking problems), during progression at that... but in hindsight it was pretty foolish of me to get THAT worked up about it.

That was the first and last time I ever got deeply, emotionally involved in WoW. Now, I don't let it faze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Honestly, I'll play devil's advocate here. I hope the angry guy find a raid group that work, and the leader that kick out of nepotism (you made my fiancée cry, nobody messes with my people, no matter how they deserved) to see the guild disintegrate. OUT OF CRYING.

I believe for some it's true.They have fun seeing others suffer.
    It probably werent the girls fault tho, you know, on hc its most likely harder than tot normal, and you do not warm up for bench pressing by doing 500 pounds first and then 100 pounds.

That angry guy is the main reason it didnt work, and would have ruined the guild by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't think threatening people with anything gets anyone anywhere. Benching someone mid-progress just means you wasted the next 3-4 pulls while the new guys gets their bearings. If someone makes a mistake, they either know what they did or they don't. If they know, they'll fix it, if they don't, explain it better to them.
    Yep, this would help alot of guilds.
    You dont get people to try harder by being a douche and calling names.
    Last edited by Sarange; 2013-06-28 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together.
    <snip>
    So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers,
    Anyone else scratching their heads as to why anyone would want to take a first time normal raid raiding group into a heroic raid first to 'get a feel for raiding?' "Okay guys, since we have never gone swimming togeather lets all leap into a piranha filled Amazonian river and see how far we get..."

Serioously it sounds like he expected everyone to be of world first hardcore raid quality and this may of been his first mistake, and his second mistake was thinking that any guild attempting a boss for the first time is just going to one shot it. There's lot of guilds out there that will spend the whole weekend wiping on the first boss none the less 4 wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    So last night me and my guild are prepping to do some normal ToT, but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together. So we get to Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and people are dying to attenuation. I don't know if it was a lack of healer or just badness.

So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers, which are mostly females, calling them names etc. And then we hear someone crying and its a girl. Anyways someone comes on vent and cusses our raid leader out and kicked him out the guild. It was the GM and the girl was his fiancee nd they were engaged. So personal story out the way, has your raid leader ever made someone cry?

"Our" sorry can't change title
    That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read in my entire life.

Crying over a game? because some nerd raged at you? What the actual fuck am I reading. And if he was given a reason to rage (assuming the healers were bad, as you said yourself could be a possiblity) then I don't see what's so bad about that.

Seriously..... just ridiculous.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is not a case of "being sensitive", but the raid leader being an ass.
    except it's exactly being sensitive. Crying over something like this shows that you have no emotional structure whatsoever.

And judging by the OP's post, he himself said the healers could be in the wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's people like that though who are part the reason I've put off finding a raiding guild.

I only started raiding with guilds during Cata as during Wrath I wound up pugging every now and again. I've not joined a raiding guild since the end of Cata simply because the last two guilds I were in really annoyed me.
    The first guild I was in was fantastic, everybody was kind and no matter what happened everybody kept their cool and had a laugh, in fact it's my hope of having that atmosphere again that makes me want to keep playing.
    The second guild I was in was ok at first. However the people in the guild seemed to close to one another and I wound up feeling very isolated and it wasn't fun. The last thing that really annoyed me was how immature they were when it came to humour. Sadly their taste wasn't mine and I again felt isolated.

My third guild was the one that really made me pessimistic about joining another guild. The RL was a dick and raged all the time and actually rage quit out of our raid nights on several occasions. It wasn't pleasant and I was in and out of that guild.

My personal hope is that I can find a nice friendly casual guild at the start of next expansion. If I can't then I may simply finally quit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read in my entire life.

Crying over a game? because some nerd raged at you? What the actual fuck am I reading. And if he was given a reason to rage (assuming the healers were bad, as you said yourself could be a possiblity) then I don't see what's so bad about that.

Seriously..... just ridiculous.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 06:11 PM ----------

except it's exactly being sensitive. Crying over something like this shows that you have no emotional structure whatsoever.

And judging by the OP's post, he himself said the healers could be in the wrong.
    The only ridiculous things in that posts are firstly nerdraging, and secondly, nerdraging after just 4 pulls. That my friend, is a lack of emotional structure.

Don't see any problem here. I can't even remember the last time I heard someone really rage, but if you're going to be sensitive on the internet, you're gonna have a bad time. It's much more effective to grow some gonads and tell the guy to calm down, he's not helping.

On the subject of women, they are typically nothing but problems in a progression guild. There are a few lone standouts, but the vast majority of them are nothing but a pain. A lot of the nerdier guys don't know how to act around them, and they love to make everything about themselves. Anytime you see a GM with a girlfriend in any kind of raiding position at all whatsoever, get the fuck out of that guild. It never ends well.

Last guild I was in (7/13HC longstanding) got torn up by this same kind of drama due to GM+GF combo. I know plenty of girls in WoW- heck, I'll even go out on a limb and say I know a lot. But I only know one that has the emotional capability to handle being treated like an adult and someone responsible for her own actions. They're still all my friends, of course. I just wouldn't ever want to raid with them.

The gist of this post is basically that if you made a girl cry in your raid, it's really not surprising or abnormal. They do it all the time. They aren't good with constructive criticism and typically are worse with jokes and sarcasm. Don't get all bent outta shape about it, I've made more girls cry than I can count.

I made one cry just last Saturday when I refused to take her to a T14 meta run that I was bringing my friend (her boyfriend) to. She's not very good at all, and I don't want to wipe on "Show Me Your Moves" endlessly. So what happened? She cried, my friend bailed on me, I got another friend in and did the meta run fine. All she accomplished was a tantrum that screwed her boyfriend out of the mount. Few days later she's asking me for advice on heroic bosses like nothing ever happened. That's just how they are.

Edit: Just to make it clear, the whole subject on women was more of a personal aside. In the OP's specific scenario the raid leader in question was being a retard. 4 wipes isn't a reason to get mad, and what's more wiping to attenuation is the fault of anyone that gets hit by it, not the healers. Likewise I'm not sure if just straight kicking him out was a good resolution, it shows someone that's insanely overprotective. The whole thing sounds like a typical "casual guild tries their hand at raiding" situation.
    Last edited by Aschark; 2013-06-28 at 06:46 PM.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The only ridiculous things in that posts are firstly nerdraging, and secondly, nerdraging after just 4 pulls. That my friend, is a lack of emotional structure.
    If the people are as bad as OP made them seem to be (at least from what I've read), then they surely have to get told.

Also - Again, if you cry over something stupid as a nerd raging, maybe you should reconsider what goes on with you (just as the guy raging too hard, if he raged as hard as OP is telling us.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    One reason I will never raid with a guild.
    Also the same reason you will always live in a basement.

Social interactions. They are scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    If the people are as bad as OP made them seem to be (at least from what I've read), then they surely have to get told.

Also - Again, if you cry over something stupid as a nerd raging, maybe you should reconsider what goes on with you (just as the guy raging too hard, if he raged as hard as OP is telling us.)
    Tell them they're doing it wrong, no problem. You don't need to have a screaming fit to tell someone what they need to do. Maybe they overreacted by crying, but the RL way, way overreacted by screaming, it simply isn't excusable behaviour in any capacity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when I raided, yeah the RL made people cry. I remember back when we were working on Muru pre nerf, the RL went totally berserk on this one fuck up of a rogue, and then the kids Mom started yelling into his mic about making him cry. "you happy with yourselves!".

I got a pretty good laugh out of it. Especially when the RL kicked the guy from the guild.

@OP, that sucks that your guild is run by a pussy whipped GM. Your own progress stunted by the babying of bad players.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Doesn't really matter how much you think raiding is srs bisnis, if you're a blatantly abusive douche bag to people you need to stop playing vidya games and figure out where your life went wrong. You wouldn't act that way to another person in real life and if you did you're much more likely to receive a backlash from it.

Just wanted to add the first boss in heart of fear on heroic is a hell of a lot harder (even now) than ANY of the normal fights in TOT.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Its funny how the farther I go up the ladder of world rankings the less rude people become. I've never experienced anything remotely close to this.