Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    It isn't the RL job to hold people's hand about the bosses they are raiding. As a raider you are supposed to know the fights especially outdated content that is nerfed. This sounds like a bad group of players who were failing at old nerfed content who in all reality were more interested in the social aspect then progression as they raid content from last tier. The raid lead was most likely in the wrong type of guild with players so bad they couldnt down faceroll content.
    Thank you for demonstrating the type of people most WoW players hate. Keep up the attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagny
    The primary form of "badness" I see in WoW is people who run around saying "you suck" or when asked for a solution to a problem the raid is having say "don't suck".

Frankly, if you can't give a concise description of the mechanic, and how someone needs to change what their doing to resolve the issue, then you are not qualified to judge who sucks and who doesn't.

Thus, I associate abusive language and judgementalism with being a poor player.

It's surprising how many times, say in LFR, a bunch of people will whine about others, and then when they quit and get replaced with randoms form the queue, the problem goes away and we succeed on the next attempt.

One of the reason I don't run normals or belong to a raiding guild is too many of these people who don't know enough to explain a solution to the problem, but are so loud and eager to place blame that attempts to have a coherent discussion are completely disrupted.

I'd rather run with LFR on my own schedule than invest the time babysitting assholes in a guild.
    Haha I had a guy like that in LFR once. He was a tank barely geared for MSV LFR let alone ToT. He would drop like a rock on every pull and die real fast. After him acting like a total arse in chat I called him out on his gear. "I am in a top guild I know how to tank noob" was the average response I would get from him. "That may be but you still suck at taking damage, might I suggest you get some better gear before attempting these bosses" I would reply. Well two wipes later and him raging some more I said in chat "You know, it is awefully strange how the other tank has barely died yet you seem to die every other pull. Let's kick the prick so we can get a decent tank in here." Five seconds later he was gone and ten seconds after that we had a new tank and proceeded to kill the boss.
    Amusing part? I got a whisper from him mid fight.
    Derp - Do you even know who I am?
    Me - Should I give a damn?
    Derp - Ever heard of Blood Legion?
    Me - Oh noez! Not teh blood legionz!1!"
    Me - I wasn't aware that they started carrying terrible players now. *Derp has you on ignore*

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    I honestly could not understand could you elaborate? decent shouldn't exactly mean fucking awful / bad lol

Swapping the RL out isnt going to make a bit of difference besides that warm feeling in their stomachs that golly this is a nice guy. That doesnt change how bad they are and that they are going to wipe with or without a RL who speaks the truth. Decent guilds that have been ran by many casual friends often are actually very bad, attempting to carry bad people when the better players in the guild aren't much better, so in my experience the majority of what some call 'decent' are actually pretty bad. This leads to the whining that normal mode which is tuned for the average player is too hard because these decent guilds arent that good but are used to content nerfs to carry them through content.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Thank you for demonstrating the type of people most WoW players hate. Keep up the attitude.

Haha I had a guy like that in LFR once. He was a tank barely geared for MSV LFR let alone ToT. He would drop like a rock on every pull and die real fast. After him acting like a total arse in chat I called him out on his gear. "I am in a top guild I know how to tank noob" was the average response I would get from him. "That may be but you still suck at taking damage, might I suggest you get some better gear before attempting these bosses" I would reply. Well two wipes later and him raging some more I said in chat "You know, it is awefully strange how the other tank has barely died yet you seem to die every other pull. Let's kick the prick so we can get a decent tank in here." Five seconds later he was gone and ten seconds after that we had a new tank and proceeded to kill the boss.
    Amusing part? I got a whisper from him mid fight.
    Derp - Do you even know who I am?
    Me - Should I give a damn?
    Derp - Ever heard of Blood Legion?
    Me - Oh noez! Not teh blood legionz!1!"
    Me - I wasn't aware that they started carrying terrible players now. *Derp has you on ignore*
    And luckily i never have to deal with bad's and progression is easy unlike the white knights who fail at the simplest of mechanics that they can't clear normal. Ya, luckily between the top guilds we transfer alts from one server to another helping them gear their raids because in all honestly the majority of the WOw player base are incredibly bad and make up whatever reason they like to fit their agenda instead of saying i am too ignorant and stupid to not stand in fire and push the 3-4 buttons with the 2-3 min cd's i have to use. That is the reality of it, so have fun with what you believe is the wrong attitude. Heaven forbid someone in your casual/bad guilds show up knowing the fight already, that would make far too much sense.

Bad players do not like to hear the truth and thus dont like that attitude but when progression fails and no new nerfs are there to carry a bad player, they group up together then start the threads on how normal mode is too hard.
    Last edited by isadorr; 2013-06-28 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't think threatening people with anything gets anyone anywhere. Benching someone mid-progress just means you wasted the next 3-4 pulls while the new guys gets their bearings. If someone makes a mistake, they either know what they did or they don't. If they know, they'll fix it, if they don't, explain it better to them.
    It's pretty hard to explain any further (even after you have pictures AND videos of the exact same role performing the EXACT same thing they need to do, I'm looking at you HBeth) what someone needs to do "differently" compared to what they are currently doing, but failing miserably at.

I think you (and everyone else) knows god damn well no raid leader, EVER, spazzed out (or wanted to spaz out) after a single fuckup. How can you explain to healers (example, but they always get the blame) "Hey, you need to actually heal the tank at least once in a 9 second period. How the fuck can you both have missed that?" in a nice way. You simply can't fix stupid. Point blank.

The angry RL is always just the funniest thing to listen to... I love those guys because more often than not, they come up with some of the funniest phrases. Podel from Rexxar was the absolute best.

http://megaswf.com/serve/35434/ - Podel soundboard.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

It is incredibly ironic that you expect your hand to be held yet you have the gull to mention that you don't want to babysit assholes in a guild. Sounds like a bad who has been told to learn the fights, watch videos, read the journal and then to be make it baddie proof, listen to DBM. At the end of all of that, they still fail. It is not the RL job to hold your hand through content, it is yours to know the fights before you set foot in the instance. If after all of that people can't do the fight then they are replaced but social/casual guilds believe that no one should ever be replaced, which brings up the question, if you care about the social aspect so much why think you are going to progress or why is progression so important to a social event?
    Doesn't sound "ironic" at all. It sounds like someone with high personal standards who understands they're not interested in putting forth the effort they know needs to go into properly leading something. It's work, when done properly. Insulting and degrading people online doesn't do jack - it's not Boot Camp, and you're not breaking them down just to build them back up in the form you want, you don't control enough of their lives to manage something like that. Some people are good leaders, a lot of people are really shitty leaders. There are too many shitty leaders who think they're doing a good job, and too many people who believe those shitty leaders are doing a good job.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Personally I'd bust out in tears of joy.

And luckily i never have to deal with bad's and progression is easy unlike the white knights who fail at the simplest of mechanics that they can't clear normal. Ya, luckily between the top guilds we transfer alts from one server to another helping them gear their raids because in all honestly the majority of the WOw player base are incredibly bad and make up whatever reason they like to fit their agenda instead of saying i am too ignorant and stupid to not stand in fire and push the 3-4 buttons with the 2-3 min cd's i have to use. That is the reality of it, so have fun with what you believe is the wrong attitude. Heaven forbid someone in your casual/bad guilds show up knowing the fight already, that would make far too much sense.

Bad players do not like to hear the truth and thus dont like that attitude but when progression fails and no new nerfs are there to carry a bad player, they group up together then start the threads on how normal mode is too hard.
    Sure thing princess.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Sure thing princess.
    At least counter the person rather then ignore the person -.- It's a discussion.

I made a 12 year old kid cry back in Wrath because he kept going on how he deserved all the plate dps gear/weapons for his DK. It was late one night, Naxx 25 ran over and I just wanted to go to bed, we finally downed Safety Dance ( Heigan ), Cryptfiend's Bite dropped and two hunters were going over it with DKP to see who'd get it. Out of nowhere this kid bids all of his DKP which he loved to just sit on, the whole raid calls bs on him, his reason was that he wanted it "because it looked so cool", and he was serious about it. I snapped. Called him out on it, just started bashing the kid for no real reason other then I was tired and just wanted to go. Fast forward ten or so minutes of silence in vent, we hear some older woman yelling at us. His mother got on the mic claiming we/I hurt her son and we heard him sobbing in the background, whining how he never got what he wanted, etc.

It was hilarious, sure I probably scarred some little brat, but in the end it was all laughs after that. We soon adopted him as the guild's "huntard" based on how he always wanted everything and anything. Wonder if he even still plays, he disappeared before Cata hit.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    The last time I heard someone cry in vent while raiding was back in Vanilla and MC. We had this warrior who was around... 11. The paladins would chain bop him every fight so he couldn't dps and then make fun of him (he was school friends with ~5 people in our raid team). They would harass him so much he started crying on Garr one night. Also, now thinking about it, our guilds first Hand of Rag went to someone who promptly left our guild for a better one. Well, because of that our officers started to funnel the "good" drops among them. When Crown of Destruction dropped for the first time one of our warriors had the DKP to win it, but our Paladin GM (Who was holy) took it for his damage spec. The warrior started crying in vent as well. *different warriors*
    Proof positive that warriors are crybabies!

On-topic, I hate Rage-"leaders". Yelling at people doesn't make them perform any better, it just makes you a horrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by deads0ng View Post
    Doesn't really matter how much you think raiding is srs bisnis, if you're a blatantly abusive douche bag to people you need to stop playing vidya games and figure out where your life went wrong. You wouldn't act that way to another person in real life and if you did you're much more likely to receive a backlash from it.
    I truly think the biggest reason it's much more likely to have it happen in a video game is not primarily because it's "anonymous", but because there's only so much hand-holding you can "virtually" do to where you reach a breaking point. In real-life you can actually walk over to them, talk to them, SHOW them things, etc.

To people who think someone spazzing out over multiple fuckups never raid? Do you guys really enjoy wiping multiple times (sometimes all night on progression fights) NOT because of learning mechanics as a whole team, but because one, two or multiple people can't understand what the hell they have to do after being repeatedly told?

I was a tank my entire wow raiding experience, the third week of heroic raiding in MOP I had to swap to my spriest. First boss in MSV I'm told I'm doing crystals (no problem, thankfully I cared enough to not waste the 24 other peoples times and read up on the strategies from a dps perspective) and proceed to rock it out. We kept wiping. I'm looking at the logs after each pull and notice the crystal droppers who kept dying were taking massive damage from them. I told them "Do you guys seriously not look at debuff tooltips, ever?"

Stuff like this is the stuff that bothers me. Primarily because as a tank, after wipes I'm always looking at logs noticing where things went wrong, but do you see my point? No-one in the entire raid asked the question, at any point "Why do X, Y and Z keep dying so quickly". It was basically "we need better healing on them. lets buff up and try again guys".

Deleted
    Sorry but who the hell cries because someone online is being a total tard....

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    At least counter the person rather then ignore the person -.- It's a discussion.
    Counter what? The equivalent of a grown person throwing a hissy at how people are terrible and only if they try as hard as they do they will be just as awesome? Sorry but I will pass on that offer and stick with what I said. I am not game about getting into a discussion with a person who's ego is as big as Isadorr's is.

What is the phrase I am looking for? Nothing good will come of it.

It isn't the RL job to hold people's hand about the bosses they are raiding. As a raider you are supposed to know the fights especially outdated content that is nerfed. This sounds like a bad group of players who were failing at old nerfed content who in all reality were more interested in the social aspect then progression as they raid content from last tier. The raid lead was most likely in the wrong type of guild with players so bad they couldnt down faceroll content.
    Blacklisted - Heroic: Ra-den on 6/27/13.

First of all, this is a guild who just formed and is getting to know one another. This is a completely different situation than an established raiding guild who requires knowledge of heroic fights. Secondly, even if you KNOW the fight from videos, nothing can prepare you for the server-wonkiness of attenuation until you try it, especially as a healer.

Don't get on your high-horse about what people should know and how they should raid.

..."hold people's hand"..."supposed to know"..."bad group of players"...[insert assumptions about why they raid]..."faceroll content"

Nice, dude. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Proof positive that warriors are crybabies!

On-topic, I hate Rage-"leaders". Yelling at people doesn't make them perform any better, it just makes you a horrible person.
    Often a RL that does this is playing with the wrong guild as some people play for progression and some like to kill bosses occasionally for something to do. Polar opposite in the way the game is played and whenever the two are put together this is usually what happens. If he was a decent player he would have seen the level of players he was leading by lookin at gear and what they talk about in vent, so it is partially the RL fault for trying to lead people who either can't do the content or who are just really slow, if he knew they were bad players then he knew that it was going to take a lot of time to try and teach them how to play. If he was told that they are a good raiding guild and just needed some help, then got into the raid and most of them were bad, then i could see some of the reason he was upset.

In raiding guilds you are supposed to at least read the journal or take 5-10 min to watch a fight on mmo or youtube but i dont know any of the information that one would need to know to judge the players or the RL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in a PvP guild back in early-close mid cata (I think, or just early cata) and the first leader was a fricking asswipe, he'd literally yell at people for seemingly NO reason, needless to say, the WHOLE guild voted that he steps down from being the guild leader.

Then even more shit went down due to him, then it all fell it shit and the guild disbanded, but then rose up again, then I just quit the guild due to loosing my pvp appetite, or RBG appetite atleast anyway
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Liliara View Post
    Sensitive people. I know one; she's a very dear friend and it ENRAGES me that she lets no-count fuck-wits upset her so badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    No, but he made someone sing "A Whole New World" with him. That's kind of like crying.
    That is fucking amazing right there, I do hope you are serious.

I used to raid lead in tbc/wrath, i was a huge dick, and i'd always single out someone and go at them all night. It was more to see what reaction i would get, than to be mean. I warned folks that raiding wasn't a big circle jerk, it was serious goddamn business. One guy, I did make him sing showtunes.. He manned right the hell up and done it.
    I called this one guy a poster child for birth control, and found out later that he was nearly aborted, and his shit father always rubbed it in his face when he fucked up. I changed my ways after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliara View Post
    Oh, many people, usually women and I have seen some cry from much less than some guy raging at them.

Apparently doing /facepalm at someone after she's failed for the 5th time at not getting frozen at Hodir in Ulduar constitutes reason to cry and also reason for the raid leader to tell you to apologize for doing that emote.

Deleted
    I was a raid leader myself and we were a successful guild (top 1-3 10man in wotlk/cata) and sure you can get annoyed but you should never rage and so on. It doesnt help, why would u do it anyway? ppl that do it should not be a RL.

ppl that have to scream are probably lonely ppl that have to take out their rage some way. Anyway when I raid and someone start to scream randomly on ppl I just leave, or leave the guild. Care to be in a guild with crazy ppl. But I have always been a RL since wotlk anyway. Well I quite 7 months ago anyway.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2013-06-28 at 08:57 PM.