Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Must be placeholder numbers, cleave/copy looks too low, the 84% looks too high.

Deleted
    That Procc on Trinket #4...

I have about 100% mastery right now and during dark soul I get up to 1.6 million chaos bolt crits if my trinkets procc at the same time (wushoolay and breath).
    With that Trinket and T16 I would assume to reach at least 200% mastery, resulting in 2.4 million chaos bolt crits (assuming that other stacking int trinket proccs at the same time). The 84% increased critical effect would increase those crits to about 4.4 million.. With int and crit being further increased on my T16 Gear, I wouldn't be surprised to see up to 5 million chaos bolt crits.

That seems to be a little bit strong.

On the other hand.. Imagining to cast incinerate with backdraft, metagem-procc, bloodlust and another +84% haste from that trinket-procc, just makes me want to play some other spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Oh, Amplification buff is 14% for the STR dps version. So, there's that.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102305-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    that one is passive

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxx View Post
    Must be placeholder numbers, cleave/copy looks too low, the 84% looks too high.
    Its not too hight if u thunk its 85% of your stat so someone with 15k haste would get 15000*0.84 = 12600 haste proc, its this too high I dont think so, for a late tier trinket proc that probably has a low RPPM.

Also getting a crit proc in conjunction with UVLS at pull and that means that could happen 33% of the time, I dont think this trinket its that hot

Even if we get 20k haste it would be

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Its not too hight if u thunk its 85% of your stat so someone with 15k haste would get 15000*0.84 = 12600 haste proc, its this too high I dont think so, for a late tier trinket proc that probably has a low RPPM.

Also getting a crit proc in conjunction with UVLS at pull and that means that could happen 33% of the time, I dont think this trinket its that hot

Even if we get 20k haste it would be
    It's 84% of haste AND mastery AND crit dmg.

Deleted
    Atm im still lacking a few items and i have 19121 mastery on my warlock (raid buffed) im sure this could be 20k without any issue in tier so lets use that as a marker.

16800 mastery proc on top of crit damage buff, if this works on chaos bolt it would be absoloutely impossible to balance, you would be casting chaos bolts with 45k mastery at the end of the tier (and the 4 part increasing crit strike chance to is another buffer to this).

The 84% is a placeholder.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's something i've bern thinking about. The new trinkets are forcing us to play something like "world of procraft" and i don't know if i like it (well, i don't, actually).

10+ Year Old Account
    No chance in hell that trinket number 4 is for real, that's insanely overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    There's something i've bern thinking about. The new trinkets are forcing us to play something like "world of procraft" and i don't know if i like it (well, i don't, actually).
    I hate RPPM with every fiber of my being. There's absolutely no skill involved in saving resources for when you happen to get a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I hate RPPM with every fiber of my being. There's absolutely no skill involved in saving resources for when you happen to get a proc.
    Not to mention my luck always goes. No proc, no proc, no proc. OHHHH Intermission on Lei Shen 2 procs.
    Cyner#1996

Deleted
    Maybe the 14% passive and 84% proc trinkets are something you will get only for the Garrosh bossfight only - like you gain the legendarys in the Eye of the Storm? Otherwise they seem too strong

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I agree with you. But i was thinking about how much of our dps comes from reacting to trinket's procs. Now the game is really about having a good proc tracker and play consequently. I find it very very very boring.
    ICD trinkets involved more skill due to the resources saving you were talking about but nonetheless they are about proc tracking. They have too much relevance and i would like to see something funnier and "game play oriented" than a random buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    unless you can find crit gear that provide around 60% additional crit, you wont be replacing UVLS for demo atleast. well for me atleast
    60% is easily doable. 24000 crit rating = 40% crit + 5% base crit + 5% crit buff + 15% crit from int = 65% crit chance. That Trinket 5 from OP has 11761 crit rating proc which is like 19.5% crit and its normal version without upgrades. If you combine all of those you get 85% crit.

I'm going to wager a guess that UVLS gets nerfed in 5.4 like Shard of Woe did back in Firelands, even though it was still top for arcane and most heal specs afterwards. These numbers can't be real, like many others have said. There's no way they go live in the current state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I'm going to wager a guess that UVLS gets nerfed in 5.4 like Shard of Woe did back in Firelands, even though it was still top for arcane and most heal specs afterwards. These numbers can't be real, like many others have said. There's no way they go live in the current state.
    The numbers ain't too insane that late into the expansion. The trinkets are strong, especially trinket 4 has a very strong proc but I'm fairly sure the numbers won't see big changes.
    If you look at the one with 14% passive and at your current stats, you see the passive ain't that much better than the current passive bonuses on trinkets.

Fact is, the numbers on that trinket (84% amplification) are beyond insane, 84% mastery along with Dark Soul / Mastery rating would put you around 440% damage increase in metamorphosis, this at the same time as you could reach ~450% haste through multiplicative scaling with all haste procs/cd's (LMG, BL, Berserking, Amplification trinket, rating), at the same time your crits would deal 84% more damage, which would put your crits at 200+(84*2) = 368% damage of what a normal hit would've done.

Now, let us imagine that coupled with UVLS (no nerfs or anything yet, so let us keep it at that) which will make your 1st doom always tick for 3,68 times of what it normally would from pure crit damage, add in the insane amounts of mastery (more than twice the usual "high" mastery rating) and the fact that doom would probably tick every ~3,3 seconds.., yeah, go figure. Did some napkin math earlier today and I think I averaged it out to ~1m ticks roughly every 3,22 sec, this is using a 125k base damage for Doom non-crit. Play around with the thought of this, say that your doom will deal ~27M damage from 27 ticks in ~87s (odd haste value and Pandemic), let us just say that Everlasting Affliction is unglyphed for harder hits - would still be worth glyphing because it would be impossible to line all the procs and cd's in a fight ever again. But yeah, 27M in 87s or ~310k dps on its own.

Add in Imp Swarm and some other things, average out their damage to 40k/bolt (as in current BiS-simcraft) roughly, thinking increased stats and the insane mastery and what not, you'll be crapping out ~32 imps over 90 seconds without using Imp Swarm twice (mind you, the cd would be down to ~25s from the insane haste). Anyway, ~320 potential firebolts in 90s, could add in more if you use imp swarm twice. 40k average damage, made-up numbers, thinking new gear and all the insane stats in the pull, simcraft puts them at ~35k in current bis whilst it'll probably scale up even farther than 40k, which means they'll do ~12,8M damage over 90s or ~140k dps on their own.

Doom, 310k + Imps, 140k, would put you at 450k Doom-at-start-AFK-the-rest DPS, I don't think it'll remain the way it is or they'll nerf UVLS to the ground. Go ahead and correct my math if it is wrong somewhere, I've been drowzy all day so might've not been able to think clearly. Remember that the trinket doesn't say anything about 84% off of your rating or something, it is just +84% of that particular stat.
    Also remember that haste scales multiplicatively, which is why you'd end up at that insane of a number, (1,19*1,05*1,3*1,3*1,2*1,84 = 4,66)
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Interesting... can't really be sure till patch notes though.

Yeah, I think most of that is placeholder stuff. May have already been mentioned, but notice how they all come with the Breath icon and say "Unique-Equipped: Breath of the Hydra". I think that may allude to the duration being a placeholder as well, since every one of them say 20 seconds and Breath itself is 20 as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    60% is easily doable. 24000 crit rating = 40% crit + 5% base crit + 5% crit buff + 15% crit from int = 65% crit chance. That Trinket 5 from OP has 11761 crit rating proc which is like 19.5% crit and its normal version without upgrades. If you combine all of those you get 85% crit.
    im not talking about 60% crit, im talking about 60% additional crit(36000 more crit rating) to the amount i already have which is including the crit buff, the base crit, the crit from int and trinket proc. also 85% crit wont be enough anyway, you'll need 100% to be certain to summon a wild imp with doom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    im not talking about 60% crit, im talking about 60% additional crit(36000 more crit rating) to the amount i already have which is including the crit buff, the base crit, the crit from int and trinket proc. also 85% crit wont be enough anyway, you'll need 100% to be certain to summon a wild imp with doom.
    No offense, but people need to stop being obsessed with 100% crit doom. If you do more DPS with crit gear and like 70% crit doom than with UVLS, would you still use UVLS just because your doom crits always? It's too early to tell if stacking crit and dumping UVLS for 5.4 trinkets is best choice, but i believe it will be. But 100% crit doom is not MUST HAVE if you have better alternatives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevix View Post
    Fact is, the numbers on that trinket (84% amplification) are beyond insane, 84% mastery along with Dark Soul / Mastery rating would put you around 440% damage increase in metamorphosis, this at the same time as you could reach ~450% haste through multiplicative scaling with all haste procs/cd's (LMG, BL, Berserking, Amplification trinket, rating), at the same time your crits would deal 84% more damage, which would put your crits at 200+(84*2) = 368% damage of what a normal hit would've done.
    It's not this type of scaling, you'll get 84% more haste/mastery rating and your crits will do 368% of your normal damage.