Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I played a little on the PTR and im 99% Sure the Amplification Trinket has a regular ICD of 105s.

It NEVER procced before the 105s, and ALWAYS procced 0-8s after. (During 30 Minutes of non stop dummy testing)

I wish the icd was something like 115s to line it up perfectly with dark soul, but that would be too sick.

Deleted
    That seems to be the general thought from a lot of different people testing the trinket, i would agree aswell.

Deleted
    Well that would be excellent news if they finally decided to get away from RPPM before 6.0

Now, let the Wush 2.0 testing begin to see if there is ppm or icd

edit: Nevermind, 3 Minutes without a procc and then 2 back to back, safe to say its ppm
    Last edited by Apero; 2013-07-09 at 02:40 PM.

All I know so far is that my opening burst as Afflic is unreal with UVLS (my lfr version) and the Amplification trinket.

With Amplification, meta gem, and DS, I had around 135% haste. I was bursting for around 75% more than I do on live (comparing dummy tests). Balanced out to maybe 25% higher overall for a 5-minute test, which is way more than what the higher ilvl tier pieces and even set bonuses should account for alone.

Sometime today I'll get my newly-transferred copy all gemmed/enchanted and so some more testing with it and the other trinks, in Afflic and Demo.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    The stacking int one is definetly RPPM and im going to hazard a guess at 0.5

The Amp one being an internal is 'kinda' broken for destruction because we can line it up with dark soul, but there is a small issue here, its actually so powerful for destruction that it would be worth missing 1 cast of dark soul just to have it for when it comes up again in a situation where it procs like this.

Pull boss (trinket procs) > Dark soul > 105 seconds later > Trinket procs > now here you could insert dark soul but you would only get 5 seconds out of its use with the trinket so what its actually better to do is this

Pull boss (trinket procs) > Dark soul > 105 seconds later > Trinket procs > 105 seconds later > Dark soul

Now some may call that intelligent play and to be honest i would be one of them, but thats also a little stupid that the trinket is 'that strong' for the spec.

The 2 Cleavetrinkets are neither ppm nor icd of course.

I did dummy tests for the crit procc trinket and im pretty sure its a icd trinket too, seems to have 105s as well.

This should make it a decent choice for destro, especially on the pull, ampli + 11k crit procc = super chaosbolts.

Wush 2.0 could be good if you are lucky, but if i had to choose between ppm and icd, i know what i would do.
    Last edited by Apero; 2013-07-09 at 03:06 PM.

Damn, the stack int one's stack doesn't stack from channel ticks, just the initial cast. Kinda annoying

edit/update

Based on just some quick testing, it's looking like all 3 of our specs will want the Amplification trink ... and it's already bothering me that every single caster dps is probably gonna be gunning for that one, hah ... but anyway, I think second trink might depend on spec. I had better results with the stacking int one for Afflic than I did with my UVLS (although it's only the LFR version).

Haven't tested all combos ... but the mini-Dragonwrath trink is definitely not better than Amplification for Demo. Still need to try Demo with ULVS + stacking int one, tho ... but I highly doubt it's better than the amp one
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2013-07-09 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Can confirm the 12k crit trinket is the same internal as the Amp one.

In regard to the Amp one the the specs that get it first will just be whoever benefits the most from it (looking forward to this as destro), the thing is that if you dont stack crit and mastery you actually dont get a lot of bang from this trinket in comparision to the class's that do.

And its MUCH stronger for class's with a matery that directly increases damage like Destro and Fire, on the other hand it does shit all for Ele because there mastery hard caps and very little of there damage is effected by haste past the Gcd (and this is the same for a LOT of class's with 5.4 gear values.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    This one makes me wonder if demo locks will be stacking crit to get this to work out to another round of 100% crit dooms for imp madness? I know I know....uvls playstyle is destined to go away, but I sorta wonder....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well you could take that statement a bit further and say that those top parsing locks relies on luck to parse higher than the other top parsing locks, luck is a huge factor with the rppm trinkets, if you are lucky enough on lei shen to get uvls procs on each ball lightning(bit extreme example but you get the point) you can go from a 220-250k dps with normal amount of procs to 360K+(potentially) dps which has nothing what so ever to do with skill and is purely luck.
    I'm semi-okay with that. Having ahigh average for your skill and a little rng magic awesomeness is fun. For me at least.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    @bigbamboozal Its a definite possibility, the problem is that you have to give up to much to make it because Haste you need for the caps and Mastery is a no brainer, the problem is that the 'potential' of flat out ignoring the stat and just getting it from a trinket is just so much higher than you will get it you are trying to stack crit, in saying that with the Amp and the Crit trinket both having an Internal so they will proc in the opener id say there is room for it.

The downside is that it comes out a lot lower than the 'potential damage' of Uvls for Demo

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    This one makes me wonder if demo locks will be stacking crit to get this to work out to another round of 100% crit dooms for imp madness?
    Its crit dmg, not crit rating. Not that it was written down in this thread like 10000 times...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    This one makes me wonder if demo locks will be stacking crit to get this to work out to another round of 100% crit dooms for imp madness? I know I know....uvls playstyle is destined to go away, but I sorta wonder....
    That's crit damage, not crit chance. In Meta form, my biggest Soulfire crits were close to 150% stronger with this trink than without. As in, went from a bit over 200k to around 500k. The mastery from that trink and the set bonus doesn't account for that much difference. But set bonus + mastery + crit damage = uber soul fires.

It's awkwardly worded

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    The downside is that it comes out a lot lower than the 'potential damage' of Uvls for Demo
    I may be wrong here, but I do believe Crit Damage isn't snapshotted - in which case the doom damage won't be as impressive.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    I may be wrong here, but I do believe Crit Damage isn't snapshotted - in which case the doom damage won't be as impressive.
    Indeed it is not, making the Amplification trinket less overpowered in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Indeed it is not, making the Amplification trinket less overpowered in some ways.
    It makes it less good for DoT classes, and better for Destruction.

Sounds perfect to me!

Is there anyone on the PTR with full tyrannical and that amp trinket? I'd be really appreciative if you would check out what kind of numbers a CB will hit another tyrannical player during DS + amp trink buff. Obviously the trinket's ilvl would be scaled down in rated play, but we've yet to have any mention of how the trinket will work in PvP if it works any differently at all. Personally, I think the amp trinket will be heavily nerfed in PvP, but I'm not convinced that it will be nerfed immediately. I'm thinking it may not get nerfed in PvP until more destro locks actually have it; thus, I'd really like to see what kind of numbers can be put out against a PvP target, initially. You have my thanks if anyone decides to try this out.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Is there anyone on the PTR with full tyrannical and that amp trinket? I'd be really appreciative if you would check out what kind of numbers a CB will hit another tyrannical player during DS + amp trink buff. Obviously the trinket's ilvl would be scaled down in rated play, but we've yet to have any mention of how the trinket will work in PvP if it works any differently at all. Personally, I think the amp trinket will be heavily nerfed in PvP, but I'm not convinced that it will be nerfed immediately. I'm thinking it may not get nerfed in PvP until more destro locks actually have it; thus, I'd really like to see what kind of numbers can be put out against a PvP target, initially. You have my thanks if anyone decides to try this out.
    I think they have some room for powerful pve trinkets with the introduction of the 10% flat damage decrease two pvp trinket set bonus.

Deleted
    trinkets are getting way out of hand, way too powerfull.. chaos bolt damage x2 almost with that trinket that increases a stat by 84%
    was dueling a lock and got chaos bolted for 520k.. I don't see how people will not take these in a pvp situation, the 2600 resilience you get from having 2 pvp trinkets equiped just isn't as attractive

also this will ruin world pvp even more..all those pve heroic geared are doing way too much damage already

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I think they have some room for powerful pve trinkets with the introduction of the 10% flat damage decrease two pvp trinket set bonus.
    It's changed to a 2600 resilience increase
    Last edited by mmoc8ea25e0818; 2013-07-10 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    The 10% DR or 2600 resil as the poster above me says, is something like 3.5% resil. It's really not attractive at all compared to these PvE trinkets.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.