Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I feel the DTR one might not be that good for demo since a bulk of our damage comes from pets, what they could do is making the coefficient better but I doubt they will do that

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    First look at the trinkets and the first thing that went through my mind: Holy Shit.
    Talking about DTR, I think it might be worth it to sim how much dps it will do in 5.4 with so much damage coming from trinkets instead of the weapon. Since the legendary daggers are getting their proc buffed, it might be possible DTR is getting a stealth buff to the proc as well which with these trinkets might result in it being a perfectly staff to use.
    They did say proc weapons would return for SoO, so I imagine those are gonna be pretty insane, too.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    First look at the trinkets and the first thing that went through my mind: Holy Shit.
    Talking about DTR, I think it might be worth it to sim how much dps it will do in 5.4 with so much damage coming from trinkets instead of the weapon. Since the legendary daggers are getting their proc buffed, it might be possible DTR is getting a stealth buff to the proc as well which with these trinkets might result in it being a perfectly staff to use.
    That would be quite the curveball, dragging DTR out of the bank. The outcry alone would probably result in it getting nerfed. I can see the forum posts now, "why do I have to farm a legendary from last expansion?"

Trinket 4 just seems to wildly outpace its competitors. Two trinkets tailored to AoE and an IotDS type. 5th trinket isn't even worth mentioning, comparatively. Plot with this upcoming tier just keeps thickening
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

The only good one is number 4, and i highly doubt the tooltip is right.
    Well 3 looks okayish too, but hard to balance i guess, affli got its 10 stacks after 2s and destro need 10s probably..

The others look like crap tbh. If blizzard keeps going their way with ppm, rng and all this shit its time for me too leave i guess, but time will tell. I was hoping for a use trinket tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    The only good one is number 4, and i highly doubt the tooltip is right.
    Well 3 looks okayish too, but hard to balance i guess, affli got its 10 stacks after 2s and destro need 10s probably..

The others look like crap tbh. If blizzard keeps going their way with ppm, rng and all this shit its time for me too leave i guess, but time will tell. I was hoping for a use trinket tbh.
    Dot ticks aren't considered a spell cast. Affliction may actually be the one that builds the stacks the slowest. ~4-5 sec MG channels instead of ~1-2 second incinerate/soulfire/toc.

Deleted
    I'm only intrested in the 4th. With having both Hydra and ULVS on TF HC, I don't think I would change for anything then just number 4. Crit? Stacking int? No thank you..
    Cunning trinket? Sure, nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Dot ticks aren't considered a spell cast. Affliction may actually be the one that builds the stacks the slowest. ~4-5 sec MG channels instead of ~1-2 second incinerate/soulfire/toc.
    I know dot ticks aren't, but I thought channel ticks were ?

I doubt the trinkets that show stupid high % will stay that way, that or they will have a crazy long ic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I know dot ticks aren't, but I thought channel ticks were ?
    afaik they aren't. last time i did sindragosa, my unchained magic stacks would fall off every time i chanelled a drain soul.

Trinket #4 seems like it will be insane. Imagine dotting 3 targets with crit Dooms and that trinket proc.

They keep complaining that trinket synergies break the game...Then they keep outdoing themselves with redonkulous O.P. trinkets.

I have no sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    afaik they aren't. last time i did sindragosa, my unchained magic stacks would fall off every time i chanelled a drain soul.
    I might have to bust out my Will of Unbinding to test. From what I recall it worked for Mind Flay ticks ... but could be remembering wrong. Will test here in a sec.

Trinket 4 just... can't be right.

Also it's worth mentioning the pvp trinkets have a 10% damage reduction when both of them are equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think it's a tooltip error, and should read:

Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant Amplification, increasing your Critical Strike damage and healing, Haste, and Mastery by 84% for 20 sec.
    Awkwardly worded, but it could be like the (regular) meta gem ... increasing the critical effect of damage and healing abilities, rather than your rating/whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Awkwardly worded, but it could be like the (regular) meta gem ... increasing the critical effect of damage and healing abilities, rather than your rating/whatever.
    Hmm, yeah could be. Poorly worded then, indeed.

I wish we had a cd reduction trink like the other roles : |

Oh my god...

in 550 gear, you have access to 20k+ mastery. Now imagine going Destruction GoSac, pop Dark Soul, potion, get these procs at the same time on a Chaos Bolt in a pack of 20 mobs.

+1,959 Intellect
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant Amplification, increasing your Critical Strike damage and healing, Haste, and Mastery by 84% for 20 sec.

+1,959 Mastery (3.27 at L90)
    Equip: Your attacks have a 1.62% chance to Cleave, dealing the same damage to all other nearby targets.
    I think, that'd be completely off the charts. I don't know of any class that could even do 1/3rd of that in the same timeframe. The question is wether or not the Cleave includes dots.
    Edit: Can the cleave proc off itself? That'd be an interesting question for SimCraft, but rather uninteresting for realistic applications. Still a funny thought though, in huge mob scenarios.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-06-27 at 11:16 PM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Edit: Can the cleave proc off itself? That'd be an interesting question for SimCraft, but rather uninteresting for realistic applications. Still a funny thought though, in huge mob scenarios.
    Yo dawg, we herd u like cleaves, so we put a cleave in your cleave, so you can cleave while you cleave ... lulz

Deleted
    9.9% chance to deal 33.3% more damage = 3.3% more damage overall. *yawn*

Cleave. BIS for all fights with heavy aoe, I assume. Depends entirely on how it actually works.

Dislodged Foreign Object#2. With the Fel Flame change it might be fun for Affliction? Without Fel Flame it would be extremely lack luster seeing as Malefic Grasp is one cast every 3 or so seconds.

+84% Crit damage, Haste and Mastery for 20 seconds. BIS. Imagine those snapshots... whoaa. Imagine that coupled with UVLS... Whoaaa!

11k crit ratings.. that's around 20% crit chance. *yawn*.

Probably #3 and #4 for BIS. Hard to say without knowing the proc-rates and whatnot. I wish they'd bring back trinkets that brought with them reliable gameplay. Like the old stacking intellect Darkmoon Card or the on-use trinkets. There proc trinkets wreck my reliable dps, which is what I feel like I am supposed to be bringing.. Which I am not. Which makes me feel that I'm doing it wrong... But I'm playing with the tools that I am given, which are ridiculously random. Which I hate.

Deleted
    the problem is, i dont see any of these trinkets replacing UVLS the way it is now. if that trinket 4 was critical strike chance instead of critical strike dmg then it would actually be a viable option with the amount of crit we have now and the crit that gets added, you should have more than enough to reach 100% crit. ofc it could potentially be insane for destro, imagine the chaos bolts? the mastery increases its "base dmg" by 84% and increases its normal crit dmg by an additional 84%. trinket 3 and 4 does idd seem more or less mandatory SoO trinkets, but if you're Demo and have UVLS, your only option would be trinket 4 to replace whatever trinket you've paired with UVLS, which is sad, but ofc if they changed doom to summon a wild imp everytime it ticks, then UVLS would be an average trinket, why blizz havent done those changes yet baffles me tbh.

and yeah filth, that trinket 4 paired with UVLS will be quite insane for demo and afflic.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-06-28 at 12:04 AM.