Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So now the amp trinket is only a passive 14%, this actually has a crazy big impact on how useful this trinket is for certain specs

Trinket stats - 1957 int (i think)
    Equip - Increases your haste / mastery / crit damage by 14%

Thoughts on this, cause it is a huge nerf to burst damage, the question is how much of a buff is it to steady damage for the specs.

Hmm as far as I know the amp trinket gave a 14% increase when you took its uptime into account... That means no more (huge) burst but the sustained should be roughly the same.

Deleted
    Hmm as far as I know the amp trinket gave a 14% increase when you took its uptime into account... That means no more (huge) burst but the sustained should be roughly the same.
    Considering we are a class that revolves around using resources with procs... no.

Deleted
    hmm, thats odd, on mine on the ptr it still has the 84% amp proc along with the +14% static amp. prolly just a tooltip error.

edit: you still get the proc it just doesnt increase your stats in anyway.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-21 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    That trinket when it wasnt passive made our burst damage completely insane, this would have been the scenario we would have been facing in 5.4 with it as a 20 second buff.

Trinket is about to proc.
    Objectives -
    4 Embers
    x8 embers (x can be 0 / 1 / 2 / 3, its only for proccing 4 set)
    Dark soul ready (this was possible due to AD)

Because the other trinket which was a crit buff was also the same Internal this again amplifies the damage bonus of this trinket even further, with the above set out my immolate was running almost 100% crit (93% i think), my incinerate was critting just under 1 million and my chaos bolt was 3.5 million. The sheer amount of burst this trinket offered was honestly insane, i actually prefer it as a passive bonus because i dont like playing to a trinket proc, but the damage potential of this trinket and also how powerful the crit proc trinket is now severely weakened.

I tested earlier this evening.

On live - 996k Chaos bolt (not counting dot)
    Wush (full stacks)
    Dark soul
    Potion
    Curse of elements
    Spell power buff

On PTR - 1.05 million Chaos bolt
    Crit proc trinket up
    Potion
    Curse of elements
    Spell power buff
    Flask
    food buff
    Amplification trinket equipped

So what i get from this is that for burst damage the Tot trinkets are actually going to be a lot stronger even with the passive amplication active, this throws some crazy stuff into the mix for 5.4 because as destro we arent actually that badly hit by losing burst damage (ours sucks compared to the stronger burst class's anyway). What this does do is have the potential to even ouy a lot of the damage from some of the other class's if the trinkets arent quite so powerful in the opener in t16.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    hmm, thats odd, on mine on the ptr it still has the 84% amp proc along with the +14% static amp. prolly just a tooltip error.
    The buff doesnt do anything now when it procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Considering we are a class that revolves around using resources with procs... no.
    You don't get to stack the huge increase with procs but you do get to use the smaller increase for ALL the procs. ofc we'll lose some sustained but i think it isn't that much.
    Last edited by ykza; 2013-07-21 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    dunno if its worth a trinket spot now tho, i get about 1k haste and 1,8k mastery along the static int and the 14% critdmg. ironically i can still only see this trink and the haste and stacking int proc to be the only ones worth a spot and neither of them a replacement for UVLS for demo atleast not in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-21 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    With another trinket giving the same 1959 int, CoE, DI, my Chaos bolt does 443k. With the trinket 500k. That's pretty sad

Edit: and it was done with the best setup for this situation 17k unbuffed mastery
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-07-21 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    guess when they started to hear about ppl getting 1,3m+ crits with the trink they decided to change it but lets be honest here, we all sorta saw it coming and it shouldnt be surprising that it happened.

Deleted
    It won't be good at all if it's passive 14%, our whole class is built on spending resources during procs... The crit proc might be our second trinket then, or even the multistrike one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised by this Amplification change at all. Makes the trinket choices more interesting cause they're more equal, but it also means the upgrade won't be very large by getting them. Not sure how much I like this, I kinda figured they'd just adjust the size of the proc, and make it proc more often. =/

Deleted
    I still think the amp trinket has its place, it scales with gear better than any other trinket which by default is gna make it the Bis, the question is would you sacrifice the burst damage you get from other trinkets, for me i probably would but its definetly a choice.

Rember Dps does not mean effective damage!

Kind of sad to see the trinket changed, although it was obviously going to get toned down in some way. Would have been interesting to see the burst with dark soul/amp every 1:45, especially with meta soul fires.

I just died inside, the 2x stack DS and Amp trinket proc would make for some interesting gameplay in 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I just died inside, the 2x stack DS and Amp trinket proc would make for some interesting gameplay in 5.4
    Our burst would be incredible assuming fight mechanics allowed us to dps uninterrupted for 20 seconds every 1:45. It's probably better that it got nerfed now, instead of mid progression, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure we're just going to be pigeonholed into using the second stack during lust, which is kinda meh.

The cool thing is, Doom and Soul Fire will be pretty ridiculous with guaranteed crit damage. The trinket is essentialy 4 2/3 old metagems, which is pretty insane.
    Last edited by Xyronic; 2013-07-22 at 01:01 AM.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Deleted
    Well you can still change the timing on all your DS except the first, it adds a significant element of play with or without overpowered trinkets.

Deleted
    Well after some testing im pretty certain that the Bis for Destro is going to be the stacking int and Amp trinket just using dark soul for the trinket proc when it happens, you still get some stupid numbers.

Some numbers with Int proc + Amp passive (self buffed)

Chaos - 1.47 million + dot
    Incinerate - 412k
    Conflag - 461k
    Immo - 99.2k

Definetly still strong, just not as retarded, but god i hate Rppm

The crit proc trinket just isint going to be that strong because our CD gives crit aswell and Chaos scales so much better with intellect + the fact that stacking int trinket actually gives a crap ton of crit aswell due to the sheer amount of intellect on it.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-07-22 at 01:38 AM.

Nobody's really mentioned the Multistrike trinket yet. I much prefer procs like that than stat modifiers but is it really so inferior to the other trinkets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Nobody's really mentioned the Multistrike trinket yet. I much prefer procs like that than stat modifiers but is it really so inferior to the other trinkets?
    Well, the trinket in question has passive crit, which isn't really great. I tested it briefly and it did about 4,5% of my damage. Not sure how that works out compared to the other trinkets on offer. I'm going to assume people actually tested it and found the stacking trink + AMplification were better. Just noone's been nice enough to come with actual math to show how much better.