Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Top 20 US guild....no wush, no hydra drops (only coined - but I haven't...others have), killed raden w' the shado pan trinket and a norm UVLS. Went all of DS without seeing a single CoC drop (hell was using a DMC:V through hspine). I'm pretty used to having utter **** in my trinket slots due to nothing more than RNG. I'd love to have a hc or htf wush for T16 progression but odds of it happening in the last week before 5.4 are probably something approaching powerball lottery slim.

I still favor an amp trinket for the CD stacking effect. I run herbalism/engineering on a troll so the 2 and 3x minute cycles are pretty potent. That's why I like the idea of something I can mate to darksoul and something else that procs a bunch to react to....."fun factor" style. I think if I were running BS'ing + a 320 static int profession then 2x often proc @ 10 sec ea trinkets would be stronger for me but that's honestly just a gut feeling.
    Only Herbalism is 2 minutes though, not Engineering/Troll, and AD makes DS adjustable. AD itself really messes with lining everything up quite bad. I suppose we will want to save Herb/Berserking most of the time for the next DS, and Engineering just on cooldown unless you want to really push it. Honestly more procs might make the other trinkets easier to line up.

In any case I look forward to playing a (at least somewhat) complex spec for the first time in a long time

Deleted
    Hi folks,

as there are so many discussions concerning the trinkets in 5.4 (in all the different threads)
    and the patch is about going live next week, so the chance to see a lot of last minute changes is pretty low...
    Would it be possibily for someone who tested them on the ptr to provide a summary?
    Which trinkets are preferable for which specc and why do you think so?!

Cheers Maokk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maokk View Post
    Hi folks,

as there are so many discussions concerning the trinkets in 5.4 (in all the different threads)
    and the patch is about going live next week, so the chance to see a lot of last minute changes is pretty low...
    Would it be possibily for someone who tested them on the ptr to provide a summary?
    Which trinkets are preferable for which specc and why do you think so?!

Cheers Maokk
    Just read the last two pages, come on.

My big question - and I don't have time to read all 11 pages of comments is the Black Blood of Yrshaaj trinket as versus Kadum's Toxic Totem. When I reforge, I add like over 700 mastery to my destro lock plus the hefty haste that's left over. I seem to be doing over 30k more in dos with the haste trinket reforged with mastery than the other one, and I am developing a preference for it. Why is Kardum's Toxic Totem considered the best in slot?

Deleted
    holy mother of necro

Kel'thuzad, is that you?

(for the question, it's because of the really thigh window you have to get off your CBs (with BBY). Also, the passive part is actually stronger than 2k haste or 1k2h/700m.)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    First, this is the Warlock class forum, not the Necromancer class forum. Any further discussion should really move to a new thread; this one will likely be mod-locked within an hour or two.

Second, Kardris' Toxic Totem's power relative to other trinkets is dependent on the rest of your gear. Below a certain damage threshold, increasing your base damage by 3-5% may not be as significant of a boost as just piling on more INT or Mastery. It's like the Amp trinkets; if your secondary stats are really low, increasing all of them by a small multiplier won't be as large of a buff as just adding more raw secondary stats directly (though that crit damage boost is pretty sweet).