Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trieste View Post
    What are you talking about seriously?
    You just need a CD of 20 sec to have a 100% uptime.
    These 3 extra seconds are useless unless you have two targets...
    Ever had the situation where a second or two after you fired Black Arrow you got a proc from Renataki/Juju?

Those 3 seconds won't mean much most of the time, but it still nice to have them. Also, as someone pointed out, if they would make it work like Explosive Shot, it would be quite nice.

Deleted
    The thing you want a 100% use of your trinket (not like the cl3ave and the proc which doesn't work on the pet: btw can someone tweet GC about that. We're getting screwed once again because we use a pet) like for the other classes not 80%

What are you talking about seriously?
    You just need a CD of 20 sec to have a 100% uptime.
    These 3 extra seconds are useless unless you have two targets...
    DUDE did you not read my post at all. It's not a waste it means you can cast other things and still keep it up.

edit* tsoni - one can only hope.
    Last edited by Wipeanrunbak; 2013-07-04 at 02:05 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeanrunbak View Post
    DUDE did you not read my post at all. It's not a waste it means you can cast other things and still keep it up.
    Of course it's a waste. SV isn't getting the full effect of the trinket as it is now. And let's not even get started on MM. Silencing Shot? Really?

I agree with the MM choice however I still stand that it works out great for SV.

Deleted
    Dude, 17 sec or 20 sec is the same. You still can use your GCD...
    No reason to refresh BA earlier unless you want to benefit from a proc...

Please tell me how having 3 seconds to cast Cobra, explosive(LoL proc/4pc), or arcane and still cast BA to maintain up time is a waste. It means more dmg through 100% uptime on BA and still able to cast 1-2 globals in between. Where as without trinket any delay in casting BA is detrimental. At this point i'm assuming your trolling me, if so gg dude gg.

noo, not I gotta figure out how to use my synapse springs.

anyone know if should use it with a cooldown all the time only or just use it when it's off cd. like macro it to rapid fire and BW and just forget about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeanrunbak View Post
    Please tell me how having 3 seconds to cast Cobra, explosive(LoL proc/4pc), or arcane and still cast BA to maintain up time is a waste. It means more dmg through 100% uptime on BA and still able to cast 1-2 globals in between. Where as without trinket any delay in casting BA is detrimental. At this point i'm assuming your trolling me, if so gg dude gg.
    I don't say that the trinket Is useless but that's it's useless to decrease the CD to 17 sec most of the time.

You don't understand that BA dot lasts 20 sec so there's NO reason (expect a stats procs but that's rare) to refresh it before.
    If you don't understand that I can't help you.
    With a CD of 20 sec or 17 sec you're still using your gcd between 17 and 20 for something else than BA.

Ok?

I don't say that the trinket Is useless but that's it's useless to decrease the CD to 17 sec most of the time.

You don't understand that BA dot lasts 20 sec so there's NO reason (expect a stats procs but that's rare) to refresh it before.
    If you don't understand that I can't help you.
    With a CD of 20 sec or 17 sec you're still using your gcd between 17 and 20 for something else than BA.

Ok?
    Ok I think we are some what on the same page I will simply add that it's those "rare" procs which with the addition of the reverse rentaki trinket (+ the 11k from the CD trinket) will make those 3sec. really amazing and seperate average hunters from top hunters (allows top hunters to capitalize on things like that). Where previous your kind of hosed. I think the BA CD keeps up with the BW CD for BM. But yea SS for MM wtf? (i assume that's going to change)

Edit*sorry for being a post whore I'm stuck at work and it's dead b/c of the holiday.
    Last edited by Wipeanrunbak; 2013-07-04 at 03:16 PM.

2min 9.6sec on Rapid Fire?

With new set bonus, if it stays at 12 sec per arcane shot (which I doubt), we're going to see some sick uptime on Rapid Fire. Not like it's a brutal cooldown but still!

On the other hand, both the set bonus and the trinket are likely to change before the patch goes live.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the Multistrike (and AFAIK the Cleave) trinket do not proc off of Kill Command, making the trinket not as good for BM.

Deleted
    2 set is a little wonkey on ptr atm. If your BM or MM its reduces the cd on RF by 10 seconds. If your SV it reduce it by 12 seconds.
    4 set is really nice for BM, cant be totally rng good/crap for SV (had L&L with 0 extra and some with charges still up when CD times ran out), and utter shit for MM.

The new trinket that reduce 6 abilitys is INSANE for BM, "ok" for SV and does basicly nothing (right now atleast) for MM.

The other 4 trinkets are kinda "meh" for any specc.

Having a hard time deciding what to reforge atm on ptr. Haste is kinda overkill when you have more or less 100% uptime on rapid fire. But still it feels wierd when im used to 1 sec cast time cobra.

With the new trinket.
    3min 22sec on Stampede. Wish they would just remove this ability or totally remake it.
    2min 9 sec on Rapid Fire (around 95-100% uptime with trinket)
    43 sec CD on bestial wrath
    10 sec on dissengage (With talent)
    43 sec on detterance (With talent)
    43 sec on camo (woppifrikkingdo)

Might be a few sec +/- on the abilitys, going by memory.

Gonna do some sims later today. But im having a strong feeling that KC is ONLY worth using during bestial wrath. Outside AS does more damage with raidbuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    2 set is a little wonkey on ptr atm. If your BM or MM its reduces the cd on RF by 10 seconds. If your SV it reduce it by 12 seconds.
    BM fires a lot more Arcane Shots than SV, hence why SV gets extra 2 seconds CD reduction on RF.

The new trinket that reduce 6 abilitys is INSANE for BM, "ok" for SV and does basicly nothing (right now atleast) for MM.
    The Black Arrow CD reduction at least enables us to get a bit more ticks from it, nothing special, but something. The CD reduction on Stampede and Rapid Fire also increases our dps (not as much as BM though).

Having a hard time deciding what to reforge atm on ptr. Haste is kinda overkill when you have more or less 100% uptime on rapid fire. But still it feels wierd when im used to 1 sec cast time cobra.
    I don't think the benefit of haste was the cast time reduction for BM, it's the increased pet attack speed for both the pet and hunter, focus regen increase for both pet and hunter, the increased proc rate of RPPM trinkets.

With the new trinket.
    3min 22sec on Stampede. Wish they would just remove this ability or totally remake it.
    2min 9 sec on Rapid Fire (around 95-100% uptime with trinket)
    43 sec CD on bestial wrath
    10 sec on dissengage (With talent)
    43 sec on detterance (With talent)
    43 sec on camo (woppifrikkingdo)
    Have you or anyone else tried upgrading the trinket? I wonder if it would increase the CD recovery time or would it just change the agility proc.

Gonna do some sims later today. But im having a strong feeling that KC is ONLY worth using during bestial wrath. Outside AS does more damage with raidbuffs.
    For now, yes. They will probably buff all our signature abilities so that we use them instead of just spamming Arcane Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Have you or anyone else tried upgrading the trinket? I wonder if it would increase the CD recovery time or would it just change the agility proc.
    You can't upgrade it currently on the PTR. I tried the other day.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    They will probably buff all our signature abilities so that we use them instead of just spamming Arcane Shot.
    have you learnt nothing in the last 8 years

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    From my testing and some math, trinket 1 (CD reduction) and 4 (reverse renataki's) should be the best for BM. PTR though so it's subject to change.
    There is one huge caveat with the reverse Renataki's trinket right now. Each hit of an ability like barrage, multi-shot, etc. removes a stack of the buff. If you use barrage with a fresh proc at the Shrine dummies, it literally disappears after 1 second. On the other hand, DoT damage does not consume a stack, and Explosive Shot is treated as a DoT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but the Multistrike (and AFAIK the Cleave) trinket do not proc off of Kill Command, making the trinket not as good for BM.
    The multistrike proc was less than 2% of my overall damage in extended dummy testing as SV or BM. Just as it doesn't play well with KC, it also doesn't play well with Explosive Shot since it's periodic damage.

EDIT:
    Update on the subtracting agility trinket.

Removes no stacks: All traps, pet abilities, Explosive Shot,
    Removes one stack: Auto Shot, Cobra Shot, Steady Shot, Chimera Shot, Arcane Shot, Kill Shot, Improved Serpent Sting, Power Shot
    Remove multiple stacks: Barrage, Glaive Toss, Murder of Crows, Multi-shot
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-07-09 at 01:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    There is one huge caveat with the reverse Renataki's trinket right now. Each hit of an ability like barrage, multi-shot, etc. removes a stack of the buff. If you use barrage with a fresh proc at the Shrine dummies, it literally disappears after 1 second. On the other hand, DoT damage does not consume a stack, and Explosive Shot is treated as a DoT.
    On the flipside, it seems to be really strong for Beast Mastery because things like Kill Command and Dire Beast don't consume stacks. I'm wondering if we are ever going to run into any weird scenarios where it's more beneficial to stop attacking for 2 seconds for a Kill Command or so your pet can get a few attacks with Rabid off with the agility boost.

Just a random thought of course, I don't think it will ever end up as a DPS increase to stop attacking altogether.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    On the flipside, it seems to be really strong for Beast Mastery because things like Kill Command and Dire Beast don't consume stacks. I'm wondering if we are ever going to run into any weird scenarios where it's more beneficial to stop attacking for 2 seconds for a Kill Command or so your pet can get a few attacks with Rabid off with the agility boost.

Just a random thought of course, I don't think it will ever end up as a DPS increase to stop attacking altogether.
    There is potential for decent synergy between the cooldown reduction trinket and this trinket for SV too. Imagine all those extended LnLs of between 8-12 Explosive Shots you can get off with high stacks. Plus the 3 seconds of leeway for Black Arrow lets you refresh a little bit earlier if the trinket procs.

The cleave trinket was predictably horrible for me while testing Sha of Pride. Cleave amounted to just 1% of my total damage on a fight that sometimes spawns about 20 AoE adds at a time. Multistrike was also quite low...
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-07-08 at 07:50 PM.

Not really sure why the Multistrike and Cleave trinket are considered an agility trinket. Seems like any class can use it. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't looked through this entire thread.

My guess is that the cooldown reducing trinket will be the trinket we never drop and that the reverse Rentaki trinket will be our other one and only in some cases will we use the cleave trinket. But from what I am reading hear, the damage from it seems kind of low.

Edit: I expect a lot of changes from some of these trinkets in the next couple of weeks.