Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PvP item sets? (double pvp trinket granting 10% dmg reduction..?)

http://ptr.wowdb.com/item-sets/1203-...rs-distinction

I have no idea what this might be, but I'm presuming it's blizzards idea of making PvP trinkets better for PvP.

I reckon it's some weird data mining, but I think every trinket you can get in PvP will count towards this set bonus?

Deleted
    What I understand is that with having 2 pvp trinkets we get the bonus enough to put us away from the pve ones. I dont know what to fell about it- my lock will get raped in 5.4 so it might be good, but I dont want to put off my shado pan trinket or breath of hydra. Also, anyone with the idea how it will affect the human racial?

I'd hope it's for all pvp trinkets, since they're not exactly amazing right now. The alternative is that it's only for a medallion/emblem combo, but I don't see why they'd limit it to battlemasters like that. I'm sure it'll work with badges and insignia trinkets too.

I like that they went with damage reduction instead of increase for this too. Here's hoping they realize how strong damage is right now and don't compensate this with more global healing nerfs.

Well, from the way it is worded, it hits the targets around the target it procced on, not the target itself.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

I imagine it'll be, as long as you have 2 pvp trinkets you'll get the bonus.
    10% damage reduction is huge, and it punishes those who use pve trinkets. great change IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you see the PvP trinket bonus, 10% damage reduction for using 2 PvP trinkets.... I doubt people will use PvE trinkets now.

10% dmg reduction on the 2 pvp trinkets means, that unless these trinkets are absolutely insanely overpowered, nobody will use a pve trinket, as 10% damage reduction is major. So don't sweat it, this won't be 4.3 again.

It will include all pvp trinkets. If they fix world pvp/duelling then pvp isn't too bad
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Im excited about the two set pvp trinket bonus!!!

Not sure if we need more damage reduction in PvP though :s
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    They should up it to something ridicolous so that you will automatically fall FAR behind for using pve-trinkets.

Its a GREAT change tho and definetly a step in the right direction. Good work for once. Now just nerf the shit out of discs
    and i might just renew my sub to play in next season

10+ Year Old Account
    cool change!

any change that makes pvp gear better than pve gear in pvp is a good change for me.
    dragonmaw - EU

should also increase damage/healing done by 10% to further put the nail in the PvE trinket coffin and to also keep balance to those who already use two PvP trinkets
    Last edited by Rushro; 2013-06-27 at 08:58 PM.

Definitely will effect all PvP trinkets, would be stupid otherwise. I think it will depend on class as to if that's worth it though, some of those SoO trinkets on the front page are absolutely cray, I mean the 10% chance to do 1/3 extra damage, you crit someone for 80k and get another like 26k immediately after could be pretty nice. Will have to wait and see. The PvP trinkets will definitely be good on classes that get tunneled a lot, Warlocks, healers, etc. but on classes that have a lot of uptime and less time being attacked, the PvE trinkets might be better.

I like this change, but many PvE trinkets which were datamined(see the news) are better I think.

No more double trinkets for you humans! Hah!

15+ Year Old Account
    One thought is it seems they are both can take of movement control? So we might be able to use two of those kid of trinkets besides just one? Me likey.

Though it is a slap in the face to take away my 15% damage reduction then just give 10% to everyone...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I like this change, but many PvE trinkets which were datamined(see the news) are better I think.

No more double trinkets for you humans! Hah!
    You can't be so certain of that, though. Like some have already mentioned and me aswell: Most likely the dmg reduction bonus will be applied to all PvP trinkets to outweigh PvE ones. Classes that already have great burst will most likely go for the 10% dmg reduction, while classes which are already quite tanky will most likely still try to use PvE trinkets I guess.

All in all, This should be sweet considering the damage on the PTR is completely out of control atm (50k arcane shots, 110k rising sun kicks on shamans and 157k on a dk).

10% damage reduction is next to nothing in rbg :\

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    10% damage reduction is next to nothing in rbg :\
    people still take rbgs seriously?

10% flat damage reduction is huge.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"