Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    10% damage reduction is next to nothing in rbg :\
    Game isn't balanced around RBGs, never will be. 10% is a big deal in arenas.

Those 2 trinkets are the worst you could pick, I'm more concerned about those:
    "Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant Amplification, increasing your Critical Strike damage and healing, Haste, and Mastery by 84% for 20 sec."
    and
    "Equip: Your attacks have a chance to trigger Wrath of the Darkspear for 20 sec. While Wrath of the Darkspear is active, each time you cast a spell you gain 2,350 Intellect, stacking up to 10 times."
    also this could be op if those abilities are important for pvp
    "Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 39%."

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Did you see the PvP trinket bonus, 10% damage reduction for using 2 PvP trinkets.... I doubt people will use PvE trinkets now.
    Where is this stated? Can you link so I can read up on this pls?

ok, nvm. I found it. (meh). The idea that I have to use another Trinket CD (that wont allow me to pop use again) seems a little foolish. I like the idea of the combo set.
    Last edited by Ziene; 2013-06-27 at 10:38 PM. Reason: saw it on the front page

I do not agree that these new trinkets will become the new Cunning of the Skill or Vial, especially with the new 2 pvp trinket damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    i'm aware of this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Then why did they nerf a few things because of rbgs?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon those trinkets will only be used by -very- few classes and most likely be used more in RBGs rather than arena. I'm pretty sure locks, balance druids and perhaps ele shamans will drool all over those trinkets ^^ DKs perhaps aswell

These aren't the trinkets I was concerned about. The main stat on it will be scaled down, and a 1.6 in 100 chance to 'mirror' an attack to nearby targets isn't massive, in comparison to pvp proc trinket or on-use trinket.

These trinkets are worrying, though:
    (Strength versions, there are int and agi versions too)
    5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (2)
    5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (3)

The secondary stat increases / cooldown decreases are % based, rather than number based, which means they are unlikely to scale, and the proc amount is huge if that doesn't get PvP nerfed. Far better than a 10% damage reduction, especially in RBGs.

Lets just hope Blizzard will keep true with their current philosophy on PvE gear in PvP. I'm not majorly bothered if they are competitive, but if they are BiS by far then there is an issue.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-06-27 at 10:39 PM.

I'm extremely interested how they will work this set bonus in relation to Humans.

If they allow both dps pvp trinkets to gain this set bonus we will have a world of human craft in patch 5.4

If they don't allow both dps pvp trinkets, say goodbye to humans in pvp which I'd really like to see (my race is human).
    Last edited by Smashpanda; 2013-06-27 at 10:57 PM.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    They should up it to something ridicolous so that you will automatically fall FAR behind for using pve-trinkets.

Its a GREAT change tho and definetly a step in the right direction. Good work for once. Now just nerf the shit out of discs
    and i might just renew my sub to play in next season
    10% IS pretty ridiculous, that's quite a chunk of extra resil. Wasn't 10% something like 3k resil?

Amazing change. Hate having to get VP or make a Darkmoon Card because those trinks are better.

Both dps pvp trinkets will gain this bonus. It won't change human numbers, rep, or relative power.

The bigger question I have is- will tanks stack two of these for raids? -10% damage taken is pretty baller.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post
    I'm extremely interested how they will work this set bonus in relation to Humans.

If there allow both dps pvp trinkets to gain this set bonus we will have a world of human craft in patch 5.4

If they don't allow both trinkets say goodbye to humans in pvp which I'd really like to see (my race is human).
    They will just make it work with the dps trinkets... still better than letting humans wear 2 pve trinkets. Nothing changes, except now EVERYONE has worse trinkets on because of the damage reduction.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Both dps pvp trinkets will gain this bonus. It won't change human numbers, rep, or relative power.

The bigger question I have is- will tanks stack two of these for raids? -10% damage taken is pretty baller.
    Meh, they will probably just make it "While effected by battle fatigue"

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying but know that due ilvl scaling the PvE trinkets will have get scaled down and in addition to that they'll likely get PvP only nerfs in the same way as the 5.2 trinkets to make them a lot less desirable compared to the PvP trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    10% IS pretty ridiculous, that's quite a chunk of extra resil. Wasn't 10% something like 3k resil?

Amazing change. Hate having to get VP or make a Darkmoon Card because those trinks are better.
    Damage reduction is multiplacative, not additive. If it were additive, things like PS (40% dmg reduction) would bring us down to -5% damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    These aren't the trinkets I was concerned about. The main stat on it will be scaled down, and a 1.6 in 100 chance to 'mirror' an attack to nearby targets isn't massive, in comparison to pvp proc trinket or on-use trinket.

These trinkets are worrying, though:
    (Strength versions, there are int and agi versions too)
    5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (2)
    5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (3)

The secondary stat increases / cooldown decreases are % based, rather than number based, which means they are unlikely to scale, and the proc amount is huge if that doesn't get PvP nerfed. Far better than a 10% damage reduction, especially in RBGs.

Lets just hope Blizzard will keep true with their current philosophy on PvE gear in PvP. I'm not majorly bothered if they are competitive, but if they are BiS by far then there is an issue.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Depending on comp and what those trinkets reduce the cooldown on (think 21s cd on tiger's fury, ~2.1 min CD on Zerk) they could be better for zerging a team down than using the damage reduction; it really seems like it's going to be a swap-per-comp type thing; which I'm really not liking. Running LFR isn't fun to me at all, hell grinding out that Valor trinket while it was still overly broken was a giant pain in the ass to me.

Here's hoping they realize that some of the PvE trinkets are going to be WAY too good for certain classes in PvP before live (they've still got quite a ways, and I imagine the trinkets will pop up in arena testing).

10+ Year Old Account
    What the OP linked you can see if listed for The Horde, not Alliance.....Unless im missing the Alliance trinkets

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome idea.

To be honest, if the datamined PVE trinkets come out like they are, no one in there right mind will use the new pvp ones. 39% off the cooldown of 6 of your major abilities while giving a 11k mainstat proc? Theres no way thats right even from a PVE standpoint. Then again they look waaaaay not completed yet and I'm sure they will give some pvp restrictions like the current trinkets, so the new pvp ones are definitely a step in the right direction. It makes pvp trinkets attractive while essentially giving everyone 3.5% more resil.

Good idea, fix both the PvE trinkets and outgoing damage issues. Idk if 10% is enough though.

Deleted
    Not sure if we need more damage reduction in PvP though :s
    We need that more than ever.