Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    should also increase damage/healing done by 10% to further put the nail in the PvE trinket coffin and to also keep balance to those who already use two PvP trinkets
    If anything there should be no damage increase in PvP, its allready out of control.

My take would be to add a 2/2 set bonus aside from the dmg reduction which would do good for pvp but not pve.

good change but for some human dps a pve trinket will still be better

Deleted
    haha fuck you human passive trinket !!!

This change is terrible, yes it's a step in the right direction, but in it's current state right now, any pve trinket would heavily outweigh any PVP dps trinket by far. And the set bonus is from any pvp trinket, be it a medallion, dps trinket or battle master, they all work with it. And the ones op linked are Alliance and Horde versions of the cc breaker, meaning that we won't be using two CC breaker trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    The secondary stat increases / cooldown decreases are % based, rather than number based, which means they are unlikely to scale, and the proc amount is huge if that doesn't get PvP nerfed. Far better than a 10% damage reduction, especially in RBGs.
    Actually I'm fairly sure that will scale down as well seeing that UVoLS (100% crit trinket) is being reduced to 50% for PvP as well. Aside from that, with my current gear, the passive on the int trinket ain't too amazing. The haste bonus is pretty much worthless, the only good thing is the bonus mastery and crit damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason the 2-set PvP trinkets were made, was to counterbalance the fact they were doing very powerful trinkets in PvE for the raid and didn't want them taken into PvP.

At least that much is clear to me.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Why would anyone use 2 trinkets that share the same CD just for a 10% dmg reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    Why would anyone use 2 trinkets that share the same CD just for a 10% dmg reduction.
    From the front page:
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOChampion
    There is an new PvP trinket item set. Every PvP trinket will contribute to the set, not just the two listed on the page.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    The reason the 2-set PvP trinkets were made, was to counterbalance the fact they were doing very powerful trinkets in PvE for the raid and didn't want them taken into PvP.

At least that much is clear to me.
    Certainly a factor, but people were also saying base resil needed to increase, this is the better way to do so, so that pvpers don't get destroyed by PvEr's in world pvp as easily, and pve trinkets won't be mandatory.

65% atm , 10% reduction of the incoming 35% - 3.5 % reduction.Worth using on humans? fuck no(see the 39% increased cool down reduction trinks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    haha fuck you human passive trinket !!!
    haha, /highfive

10+ Year Old Account
    AWESOME trinkiet set !!!!! I WANT NAO
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    To be honest, if the datamined PVE trinkets come out like they are, no one in there right mind will use the new pvp ones. 39% off the cooldown of 6 of your major abilities while giving a 11k mainstat proc? Theres no way thats right even from a PVE standpoint. Then again they look waaaaay not completed yet and I'm sure they will give some pvp restrictions like the current trinkets, so the new pvp ones are definitely a step in the right direction. It makes pvp trinkets attractive while essentially giving everyone 3.5% more resil.
    For instanced world PvP the PvP trinkets will be better, for World PvP the PvE ones will be superior... but Blizzard doesn't give a shit about that...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I imagine it'll be, as long as you have 2 pvp trinkets you'll get the bonus.
    10% damage reduction is huge, and it punishes those who use pve trinkets. great change IMO
    agree, great change.

uhmm.. but also after looking at the trinks... :O.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Just saying but know that due ilvl scaling the PvE trinkets will have get scaled down and in addition to that they'll likely get PvP only nerfs in the same way as the 5.2 trinkets to make them a lot less desirable compared to the PvP trinkets.
    hope so..rofl! those pve trinks are even crazier than this patch.

in the patch after next, 1 of them will probably ascend you into godhood and allow you travel back in time to prevent the birth of the boss your fighting.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-06-28 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    agree, great change.

uhmm.. but also after looking at the trinks... :O.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 11:14 AM ----------

hope so..rofl! those pve trinks are even crazier than this patch.

next patch 1 will probably ascend you into godhood and allow you travel back in time to prevent the birth of the boss your fighting.
    You mean before or after the item level restriction is applied and the bonuses are cut in half/duration doubled?
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    if it was just the 10% dmg reduction i gurantee you most people wouldn't pass up the pve trinks next patch.

ilvl scaling + -10% reduc however.. makes it interesting. but there are a couple of those that are so good it's still an issue.

i remember starting a thread before last patch panic'n about the pve trinks and people here tried to say the stat resil / ppwr benefits out-weighed a fkn 8800 increase to a primary.. :/.

so my prediction..lol:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102300-5-...-boss-x-loot-x - for dot classes [9.9% x # of spells x # targets - %from ilvl reduction still = retardedness]

and

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102293-5-...-boss-x-loot-x - for burst classes [84% inc.. OF 3 SECONDARIES...at ONCE! LOL. - % from ilvl reduction still = retarded]

^ are insane.

if you expect to get trained..swap out for pvp trinks.

trinks are still a problem.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-06-28 at 11:33 AM.

39% cooldown reduction really seems an odd number. Likely a placeholder, that will turn out to be 15% in the end, maybe even less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    This change is terrible, yes it's a step in the right direction, but in it's current state right now, any pve trinket would heavily outweigh any PVP dps trinket by far. And the set bonus is from any pvp trinket, be it a medallion, dps trinket or battle master, they all work with it. And the ones op linked are Alliance and Horde versions of the cc breaker, meaning that we won't be using two CC breaker trinkets.
    i sorta agree after looking more closely at the trinks.

10% is good.. but damage is king in mop. ill be either swapping back and forth depending what we're up against or just straight up saying fk it and using the trinks / boosting resil through gems a little to offset.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You mean before or after the item level restriction is applied and the bonuses are cut in half/duration doubled?
    they havent done that yet, bro. i think they might think 10% reduc will fix the problem..and it won't.

also the worst of those trinks is a proc rate % so unless they specifically go in and change that proc rate against players; it doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    i sorta agree after looking more closely at the trinks.

10% is good.. but damage is king in mop. ill be either swapping back and forth depending what we're up against or just straight up saying fk it and using the trinks / boosting resil through gems a little to offset.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 11:42 AM ----------

they havent done that yet, bro. i think they might think 10% reduc will fix the problem..and it won't.

also the worst of those trinks is a proc rate % so unless they specifically go in and change that proc rate against players; it doesnt matter.
    They changed it for other PvE trinkets and they will change it for these, live patch is far away what's the problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    They changed it for other PvE trinkets and they will change it for these, live patch is far away what's the problem?
    The problem is that they let stupid things pass from PTR to Live all the time. Did you just start playing wow?