Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

New op pve trinket coming

The new SoO trinket currently increases cooldown recovery rate of abilities by 39% (plus proc is +11000ish to main stat I remember)

the abilities can be found in http://ptr.wowdb.com/search?search=R...gorized-spells

For some classes it looks very mandatory (for example rogues get smoke bomb, cloak, shadow blades, vanish, cooldown and stuff)

If it comes live some classes can forget the 10% dmg reduction I guess

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, hopefully this is going to your healers first. Since, you know, it's a healer trinket and all that. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Well, hopefully this is going to your healers first. Since, you know, it's a healer trinket and all that. :P
    There are individual ones for healers, tanks and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Every role (healer, caster, tank, agi, strenght) gets their own version of this

Edit: beaten, dammit

I can't even believe this. When I read the trinket I assumed "major ability" meant basic throughput spells (thinking along the lines of riptide or mortal strike). Applying this to major offensive cooldowns is crazy enough, but for much more pvp-oriented abilities like vanish, evasion, and smoke bomb? Yeah, a 10% damage reduction's got nothing on 39% off these cooldowns.

On the other hand, these numbers could well be placeholders. The trinkets do also have a primary stat proc, so the cooldown reduction might go live at that number. If it came down to something like 10%, it might be reasonably competitive with the new pvp trinket bonus.

1. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102293-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    2. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102310-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    3. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102303-5-...-boss-x-loot-x

From an affliction lock perspective:

1. Way overpowered, 82% has to be wrong. You can snapshot your dots to this # (and easy to do as proc is 20 seconds long), and dots scale incredibly well with both mastery and haste. Proc this, dark soul, insta dot whole team, game over.
    2. A way to stack 23,500 intellect? Although hard to do, if you do it its GG. Imagine getting shattered by a mage with 23,500 extra intellect. My lock in nearly full Tyr gear has something like 15,000 int, this stacking proc is 157% of that.
    3. Proc chance pretty low, but for dot based specs you get so many chances to proc it could be good. Especially something like in RBG's where you have so many targets to fish for procs, and targets for the proc to hit. Cunning 2.0?
    Last edited by junn; 2013-06-28 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    for locks trinket no1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pvp 2/2
    By an insane margine better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    There will be alliance trinkets too ~.~
    No, as obviously they're giving this bonus to Horde only to discourage people rerolling to Human for PvP purposes. Plus, it's kinda obvious that Alliance players lack competence to the point that the set bonus would be pointless.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The 10% damage reduction seems to be useless on PTR where mages continue to 2 shot people and hunters, rets, ele and enhance all melt through a target's hp in less than 6 seconds through defensive cds.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    There are individual ones for healers, tanks and dps.
    haaa... hahahaa.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I can't even believe this. When I read the trinket I assumed "major ability" meant basic throughput spells (thinking along the lines of riptide or mortal strike). Applying this to major offensive cooldowns is crazy enough, but for much more pvp-oriented abilities like vanish, evasion, and smoke bomb? Yeah, a 10% damage reduction's got nothing on 39% off these cooldowns.

On the other hand, these numbers could well be placeholders. The trinkets do also have a primary stat proc, so the cooldown reduction might go live at that number. If it came down to something like 10%, it might be reasonably competitive with the new pvp trinket bonus.
    The percent cooldown moves with Ilvl, I'd wager. It might be 39% for Reg, but could be much, much less when scaled down to whatever ilvl next season's pvp gear caps at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    They changed it for other PvE trinkets and they will change it for these, live patch is far away what's the problem?
    pretty much what salty said. i don't assume anything anymore.

even i they take a similar nerf to this patches trinks the pve ones will still be better, so go nuts; use the double pvp and get your 10% reduc..ill use the pve's on my human and do more than that +10% to you even with my half and half gems instead of full x to get another 7% minimum reduc.

oh yea.. and if i find that i'm under pressure alot against some comps - i'll swap in the pvp trinks.

whats the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    The percent cooldown moves with Ilvl, I'd wager. It might be 39% for Reg, but could be much, much less when scaled down to whatever ilvl next season's pvp gear caps at.
    this is probably true.. but unless it's scaled down to like.. 15% at leaassstt. it's still insane.

i'm guessing it'll be something like 25% and that's lowballing it.

just for perspective ; have a look at glyphs that reduce the cd's of major spells.. like dispersion's = 15secs off. dispersion is a 2min cd. that's 1/8 of the time off the cd aka - 12.5%.

thats for 1 ability. pretty good trink imo!

obv without the primary stat bonus it's not as good.. but with it.. :s

15+ Year Old Account
    I can guarentee you that's a typo Lul, there is no way they would give us a trinket with 2k int and 84% crit + haste + mastery for 20 seconds. Definitely a typo. Just for the sake of dreaming though, can you imagine what that would do to Affliction and Shadow dots? GG no Re. It's like 10-100 times stronger than Unerring Vision of Lei Shen.

Edit: hahahahha - what am I thinking? Forget Shadow or Affliction, think about what that would do to Chaos Bolts! 84% crit + 84% mastery? Hilarious. We can dream.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    now off the top of my head, i don't remember if there is a str trinket like that but imagine a ret pally...where his mastery deals damage based of XX% of his other attacks.

imagine a ret pally with 84% more mastery,haste,crit under CDs....the burst would be huge i'd imagine especially since 84% more mastery i think would put a geared ret's mastery over 100% o.o

in the words of Phreak from LoL - "Tons of damage".

I'm personally a bit worried. I feel like this change is going to be a false PvP compensation for the classes which are losing their passive damage reduction in 5.4. I also find myself wishing that the developers created some varied and interesting trinkets like they stated they would in late Cataclysm. We've had the same four options since arenas launched in TBC, and it's not like they wouldn't be able to copy + paste from PvE content and slap on a couple PvP stats. I suppose they scrapped that design goal. We'll see how this change goes, but it personally feels like a gimmick that might shift the metagame in favor of those with high survivability on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously hope blizzard decides to remove defensive CDs from the trinkets. For shamans it reduces shamanstic rage to like a 39 sec CD.

Else I reckon people will still neglect the 10% dmg reduction and still use the PvE trinkets. After all, if the trinkets DO reduce defensive CDs, why bother with 10% passive dmg reduction when 3-4 of your defensive CDs have a lower CD...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    this is probably true.. but unless it's scaled down to like.. 15% at leaassstt. it's still insane.

i'm guessing it'll be something like 25% and that's lowballing it.

just for perspective ; have a look at glyphs that reduce the cd's of major spells.. like dispersion's = 15secs off. dispersion is a 2min cd. that's 1/8 of the time off the cd aka - 12.5%.

thats for 1 ability. pretty good trink imo!

obv without the primary stat bonus it's not as good.. but with it.. :s
    If the trinkets do get scaled down (which would be somewhat logic, else it wouldn't be worth it to upgrade the trinkets besides the stats)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I can guarentee you that's a typo Lul, there is no way they would give us a trinket with 2k int and 84% crit + haste + mastery for 20 seconds. Definitely a typo. Just for the sake of dreaming though, can you imagine what that would do to Affliction and Shadow dots? GG no Re. It's like 10-100 times stronger than Unerring Vision of Lei Shen.

Edit: hahahahha - what am I thinking? Forget Shadow or Affliction, think about what that would do to Chaos Bolts! 84% crit + 84% mastery? Hilarious. We can dream.
    400k chaos bolts in PvP huehuehue

Imagine more abilities like eviscerate. Already getting hit for 110k eviscerates back to back. Also got hit 144k rising sun kicks, and even done 160k rising sun kick on a dk on the ptr. Imagine the proc + tigerseye brew = like 70% dmg increase.

@Noujou, on gawd... The increased mastery alone would -literally- increase the damage of TV/Crusader Strike and 1 more ability by like 50% xD

Unh DKs would also be loving the trinket, especially in RBGs.

Frost mage wouldnt benefit from it -that- much next patch, but I reckon alter time + all 3 procs would literally mean 100ks back to back.

Shadow priest + dev plague and insanity = back to back multiplied mind flays and dot ticks.

Ele shaman... Enha shaman during ascendance... Assass rogues would be doing lots of damage aswell with poisons.

So many possibilities classes would be benefitting WAY too much from the trinket if they keep the 84% :P

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    Damage reduction is multiplacative, not additive. If it were additive, things like PS (40% dmg reduction) would bring us down to -5% damage taken.
    I know. That doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

The normal trinket is 553 lvl, and it gets scaled down to 522.
    Since 1 item level equals approximately 0.935% increase in stats,
    39/1.00935^(553-522) = 29.2259878171
    It will probably be around 29% increased recovery rate for 522 downscaling.

The cooldown recovery acts little differently from direct cooldown reduction.
    for example lets assume that skill is 100sec cooldown.
    The direct decrease by 30% would be 100*0.7=70 sec cooldown.
    but increased recovery rate would mean 100/1.3=76.9230sec.

Therefore, if its 39%(553 level) it should be 28.06% reduction.
    if its 29% it should be 22.49% reduction.