Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Heroism for every class!

Out of everything datamined today, this is the most interesting and exciting to me:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102351-drums-of-rage

It's about time we got an item that gave all classes heroism. There are other ways to make classes unique than giving only 3 of them the ability which is basically a mandatory tool for every serious raid. No longer will you have to invite at least one shaman, mage or force your hunter to go beast mastery. Bring a few of these babies along and it's just as good!

This infuriates me.

Might as well give Rogues defensive stance, Warlocks healing spells, Mages Chaos Bolt, and Death Knights shields while we are at it.

Or, even better! One class, just labeled "Chosen One"

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be nice to have in 5-mans... but if you're lacking all three of those classes in a raid, odds are you have bigger issues than heroism/bloodlust.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Raegwynn and Mionelol (and other lesser known soloers) just got a lot happier, and so did I because more videos!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

As a person who enjoys soloing on my death knight this makes me very very excited.

Great, just takes more uniqueness out of the classes. I'm hoping this item will be very hard to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    Might as well give Rogues defensive stance, Warlocks healing spells, Mages Chaos Bolt, and Death Knights shields while we are at it.

Or, even better! One class, just labeled "Chosen One"
    Whiny hyperbole is whiny. Its a great change for soloists or for those rare parties where no one in the group has hero. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Whiny hyperbole is whiny. Its a great change for soloists or for those rare parties where no one in the group has hero. Get over it.
    You forgot the biggest one. The ones who want to grief in LFR and make sure you won't have lust for a boss and weren't on their other toon to do it.

Deleted
    Similar drums existed in BC but the difference was, there was no sated debuff so you chained them I think, making them mandatory.

finally brawlers guild can be built with BL in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You forgot the biggest one. The ones who want to grief in LFR and make sure you won't have lust for a boss and weren't on their other toon to do it.
    Because Heroism and Bloodlust are mandatory for LFR bosses.

Ladies, amirite?

So many whiny children here already. It's amazing how many of you think that Heroism and Bloodlust make Mages, Shamans and Beast Mastery Hunters unique. Get REAL.

And it's VERY easy to not have a single one of those three classes in a current raid format. Since NONE of them can tank, and only one of them can heal, it's very easy to not have a mage, shaman or BEAST MASTERY hunter in the group. We have a hunter in my group, but he is Survival because he does about 15% more dps in that spec. So if our mage can't make a raid night, we have to either force him to go beast mastery and invite a non heroism class, or invite a heroism class, which is just fucking stupid. We get all our buffs from other classes. Our warlock gives spellpower that a mage would give. Our paladins give us mastery that a shaman would normally give us. Crit or haste can be given by our hunter.

So no, there's nothing "seriously wrong," with a raid group who doesn't have a heroism class. All it means is that there are 11 fucking classes now and it's very easy to double up a class that can hybrid. We've got a Prot Pally and a Holy Pally, and a BrM Monk and me, the Mistweaver monk. That's 4 slots filled up by TWO of the eleven classes. With only 6 raid spots left and 9 classes to choose from, that means you won't be taking 3 of them. (IE there's your mage, Beast Master Hunter and Shaman).

This is a welcome and much needed change. Classes that had heroism always had an advantage in solo combat, especially in fights like the Brawler's Guild. This also means the RAID LEADER can now initiate when they want herosim even if they aren't a heroism class, without having to rely on someone else to do it.

I just really don't get the whining. You think you're special because you have heroism? Because you're not. Anyone who's whining about losing a raid spot now is probably just a bad player. If they were good, they wouldn't need to hide behind their heroism to get their raid spot in the first place.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2013-06-27 at 08:54 PM.

Didn't they have heroism drums in BC?

Probably most beneficial to Challenge Mode groups. Sorry mages and shamans, you're going to have to earn your spot now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as a Shaman I am totally fine with this, but somehow I think they will make the drums offer a slightly nerfed BL like they did with Drums of Forgotten Kings back in Wrath. Either way is fine with me...if you are only being brought for your BL you are doing it wrong. You should be brought for your winning personality.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    this is a first pass, probably LW only BoP before it goes live. Chill people.

i could see these being for proving grounds only, so that people are on the same playing field for the solo content.

im fairly certain they wont make this for raids

similar to how the full set of raid buffs in 5.1 was for krasarang wilds only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Great, just takes more uniqueness out of the classes. I'm hoping this item will be very hard to get.
    It's possible to cast bok and stamina without paladin/priest.
    Does it mean that priests and paladins don't buff raids any more?

Awesome, is there a single class-specific ability left in the game?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Awesome, is there a single class-specific ability left in the game?
    Uhm... Feint?

I personally have no problem with multiple classes being able to bring the same benefits to a group, as long as individual classes and specs have a unique feel to how they play.

I used to raid on a shaman when mages got a heroism effect. Did I whine then? No. Because I knew I was good enough to get a spot regardless.