Should I go to school full time or part time?

I've been homeschooled my whole life. I went school for a week when I was like 11 or 12 but decided to go back to homeschooling since I was shy and couldn't take my acting class anymore because I was too tired. Now I am 15 and really want to meet some people and make lasting relationships. Being tired won't be a problem anymore that I basically get up and go to sleep when everyone else does now.

So, is it worth going to school full time or should I just start going part time (take some extracalicular classes while continuing my online public school program)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to public school wasn't really that bad for me. But if you really are this into going to public school do it. But don't go to the school with bad intentions. Get ready for moving around allot, Shitty school food and mean ass teachers.

Can anyone else offer any input? I am worried because I am not going tobe a teen forever and I don't want to miss out on anything. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Go full time!

Isn't it a little bit boring doing your school work from home? Are you alone the whole day?

Also will going part time maybe look a bit "weird" for the other students? Something like this doesn't exist here so I don't really know anything about it, but I imagine some people would judge you in some way for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Go full time!

Isn't it a little bit boring doing your school work from home? Are you alone the whole day?

Also will going part time maybe look a bit "weird" for the other students? Something like this doesn't exist here so I don't really know anything about it, but I imagine some people would judge you in some way for doing that.
    1. It does get kind of boring. I am not alone, my mother doesn't work, but I want to meet people my own age.
    2. I don't care about some people "judging me" for it. It's a stupid reason to judge someone. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can tell you that when you go to public school, everyone is on the same schedule as you so you can plan around with your friends without much disagreement. You'll be around plenty of people during school but going out to lunch and hanging out after school and late into the evening with close friends is what a teen is all about. You need to discover what it's like to be a little rebellious with your friends to grow as an individual and getting into a little trouble.

You are way too sheltered home schooled and I believe isn't a healthy practice, especially as a teen. Early development years are fine but you need that social interaction in high school.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2013-06-27 at 09:58 PM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    2. I don't care about some people "judging me" for it. It's a stupid reason to judge someone. xD
    Sure it is, but people in school behave in such ways. If they want to judge you for something for some obscure reason they will. And beeing something special because you attend school only half time (I already said I don't know if it is something special or not where you live) will give them just 1 more reason. Doesn't mean it will happen nor that it will be only in a bad way though.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you dont need the money go fulltime. There is no use to prospone the graduation you aim for.
    In terms of meeting people, go fulltime again. You dont meet and get to know people if you work you just interact with them.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I would go to public school. Odds are you are going to have to go to public work eventually as as lame as it sounds the same bullshit that goes down in say high school seems to translate directly into every job I have ever had. Taco Bell all the way up to electrical engineer. Now don't take all that as being bad things. A lot of the good things go down too, and it is really nice to know how to react and handle those things so they can keep on rolling. But also, of course, the bad bullshit and drama is also good to know how to deal with and handle. Plus being around people your age is healthy in my opinion.

Do people care that someone new comes along or will I just be there to be ignored socially while do take classes that I could do at home?

And I just want to clear two things up that people often assume. I am not asocial because I am homeschool and I don't care if there are a few assholes. I can deal with them. :P

Deleted
    Go fulltime, you cannot put a price on good social skills.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 02:26 AM ----------

Do people care that someone new comes along or will I just be there to be ignored socially while do take classes that I could do at home?

And I just want to clear two things up that people often assume. I am not asocial because I am homeschool and I don't care if there are a few assholes. I can deal with them. :P
    I was raised an Army brat, moving homes every 2 years, in my experience most people do not give a shit that you are a new kid.

I'd say start part time and if you like it move on to full time. Your situation is hard to really understand for me. Is part time and full time at the same school with the same people, except you leave early in part time?

I went to school full time, but if you have a special situation, you can choose a part time. Study is yourself things.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    I went to public school wasn't really that bad for me. But if you really are this into going to public school do it. But don't go to the school with bad intentions. Get ready for moving around allot, Shitty school food and mean ass teachers.
    Mean ass teachers?

95%+ of my teachers were nice... but when a student goes a little too far with their annoying antics, yes, teachers are humans too.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

GO FULL TIME AMG
    I went part time, cost me so many years...

It depends on A).The school you're at and B). Your charisma.

As long as you're social while you're there you should be fine. Try not to do anything weird either (don't start shoving things up your ass in front of other children (or at all, really)) and you should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    I did part time distance degree, it paid off in the end but if I could do it over I would do a full time degree.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the school in your area is like, if its a terrible school with bad teachers then don't bother going full time or not at all if possible and stick to home school.

Why are your threads always the most ridiculous?

Haven't your bans been a wake up sign?