Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your Washing Machine, Stealing your Socks
    They took our lust, dey took our lust, deydookourblst, deydurptoblst. Little South Park there for everyone.

OT; Player not Class; be a pimping Player - you still have Stormlash; You still have Healing Tide Totem/ Ancestral Guidance; Ele still has Chain Lightning; Resto still have Spirit Link, Enh still have stupid insane Burst and Wolves.

You still have X,Y,Z ability. Still Plenty of reasons to bring multiple Shamans.
    I could be wrong but I doubt it

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Great for CMs where you otherwise pretty much needed a lust class. Although Shamans still be amazing due to their cleave.

2.) Great for 10m who don't have every buff. Sometimes we can have EITHER crit OR lust, or make the hunter switch. It's nice for cases like this.

3.) It DOES take away utility from Shamans, but in most cases it shouldn't be enough to lose a raid spot of a good player. There are going to be exceptions to this especially at higher levels. I know as a recruiter I'd look for a MW over a shaman now, for example, although I wouldn't replace a shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102351-drums-of-rage

so they added a BL item to the game. I know that after mages and hunters got it, it was already devalued, but now, I can't think of any real reasons to bring a DPS shaman, a mage or a BM hunter anymore...

/discuss.
    You mean other than our dps being among the highest of all classes and specs?

No they didn't:

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Note that the current Drums of Rage you're seeing are a non-final version. The Drums will provide a 25% haste buff, not 30% -- this really is not terribly different from Runescrolls of Fortitude, Drums of the Wild, or other similar tradeskill consumables that provide slightly weaker versions of core class buffs.

You should still prefer to have a Shaman, or a Mage, or a Hunter, versus a Leatherworker. But in a pinch, it's better than nothing.
    Last edited by Lavindar; 2013-06-28 at 01:03 AM.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

i luv it I miss all the LW drums woot they should add more unique/fun drums as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww yiss, I have a BL, my value has doubled.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Dey took r blgrgdd.
    +1 internet i chuckled

and idk i guess it's good for those without one of those CD's... But seriously let the game have some variety!

Edit: Just saw the blue post above, makes sense now but 25% still seems like a lot to me.
    Last edited by Nearmyth; 2013-06-28 at 02:17 AM.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Bring the player, not the class.
    great...wheres my mages tanking spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    2 min cd. It's even better than TW, BL, or AH.
    It would still give the debuff so not really.

Now that 10 mans are so much more popular this is a great way of not gimping your group by HAVING to bring your lagging shaman, or whatever cos you have no hunter or mage.

It's also great for the new raid groups they are bringing out for people who can't find an entire group, clearly they are gimped enough having to resort to them, so now they will definitely have a bloodlust.

We lost our 'special' status when mages and hunters got their equivalent spells, there was shock, horror, tears and flailing on the ground - but that is done with now.

Great change ! BL is not exclusive anymore so no reason to whine over this.

well at least the drums version is weaker. is it good for groups who don't have mage/hunter/shaman but that alos means now blizzard could balance more stuff around this drums/bl like some people already said cms, brawlers guild etc.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of any real reasons to bring a DPS shaman, a mage or a BM hunter anymore...
    /discuss.
    So you can’t think of a single reason to bring those 3 classes? This looks like you're trying to start a flame/toll discussion to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    So what, Holy paladins don't offer anything other healers and their tank/dps specs do either! I'm so sorry you've lost your snowflake status, must be hard on you but that's the way the cookie has crumbled.
    Yeah, yeah, of course... let's take about that:

Paladin mastery >>>>>>> shaman mastery with better gear
    Better gear -> paladin heals more AND creates bigger absorb shiel -> raid does not drop that hard -> shaman has less to heal AND the mastery works worse!

Don't beat the enrage at Durumu or Iron Qon? Hey, we let the paladin healer spec into clemency so he can BoP the tank so one tank it. No Shaman can do this (and no other class).

Having problems with Lei Shen's static shock? Hey, the paladin healer can immune himself. Shaman, go home.

Paladins always complained they were the garbage of blizzards design crew. Now, shamans have taken that place \o/

Shaman mastery is really interesting, it doesn't so much scale with gear quality as content difficulty.

It's not useful most of the time but it's there when you most need it. It's hard to determine the overall value of.
    I'm a little weird about the way paladin mastery actually comes in above ours and cockblocks its functionality any time you don't need it to fill up your whole raid for the next half of the big surge of damage coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbwarriordx View Post
    Shaman mastery is really interesting, it doesn't so much scale with gear quality as content difficulty.

It's not useful most of the time but it's there when you most need it. It's hard to determine the overall value of.
    I'm a little weird about the way paladin mastery actually comes in above ours and cockblocks its functionality any time you don't need it to fill up your whole raid for the next half of the big surge of damage coming in.
    It's only "really interesting" for those that haven't played Resto Shaman at a high level of PvE progression when it becomes both useless and an albatross. Effectively, we are only balanced with the raid at 58% health, and only gain anything above other healers when its significantly below that level. The problem is, rarely ever does the raid drop that low, and even when it does, we now have the worst AoE burst of any throughput based healer, so we don't even have the tools to take advantage of our mastery in the rare situations where it is useful (outside of a 3 minute HTT CD).

I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than they should. The only people I see getting screwed over are Resto Shaman in 10man.

Now Hunters don't have to play a spec they dislike/does subpar damage on some fights just so they can lust which is a pretty good change.
    How many groups don't carry a Mage? (Not a lot)

edit: oh and I guess LW only get 25% and not the full 30%.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    edit: oh and I guess LW only get 25% and not the full 30%.
    and cause of min/max people that will be the reason why a raid - if they can - will still bring a mage/shaman. I guess it will lead to not force hunters to play bm if they don't want to.

Deleted
    As top dps ele shaman in my guild I don't think they will replace me because they can BL I mean really dude?
    This post is a little bit over the top..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    No they didn't:

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Note that the current Drums of Rage you're seeing are a non-final version. The Drums will provide a 25% haste buff, not 30% -- this really is not terribly different from Runescrolls of Fortitude, Drums of the Wild, or other similar tradeskill consumables that provide slightly weaker versions of core class buffs.

You should still prefer to have a Shaman, or a Mage, or a Hunter, versus a Leatherworker. But in a pinch, it's better than nothing.

Just as i suspected. They will be like the Runescroll of Fortitude and the Drums of the Forgotten Kings. A lesser version of the existing raid buff.
    They really need to add a spell haste buff item (for when there is no hunter with a sporebat)