Deleted

Has anyone managed to solo Ultraxion so far?

I'm completely out of ideas. I wanted to farm the mount from Ultraxion but I'm not quite sure how to deal with Twilight Instability. It seems like it does close to 200k damage per tick and it seems completely unsurvivable. However I have heard of several other classes successfully soloing him. Am I completely missing something or is it impossible to survive as a Hunter?

Also whats up with him hitting my pet for 150k per melee swing? The hardest hitting boss apart from him was Zon'ozz which was swinging for like 80k. Hagara just attacked several times in a short period but that was quite nasty to deal with as well. I honestly don't remember him battering tanks this hard back in tier 13.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, all 5 tanking specs are capable of soloing Ultraxion due to the 50% reduced CD/100% increased duration on thier various cooldowns, thus giving them the defensive benefit needed to take all them 150kish blasts to the face (It gets rough towards the end).

Sadly, most dps specs will be unable to solo Ultraxion due to the high amount of self healing needed later on in the fight.

Not sure why he melees your pet for 150k- if your pet has about 50k armor, it should be armor capped against Ultraxion, and thus only take about 30kish damage. Maybe that 150k isn't from melee but from the pet ALSO taking Twilight Instability maybe? My bloodworms kept dieing when my DK attempted to solo Ultraxion for some reason.

But yea, you'll essentially need to do about 260k dps in order to beat the "soft" enrage, when he starts pusling once per 3 seconds, which is the point that your very small amount of self-healing falls behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I'm completely out of ideas. I wanted to farm the mount from Ultraxion but I'm not quite sure how to deal with Twilight Instability. It seems like it does close to 200k damage per tick and it seems completely unsurvivable. However I have heard of several other classes successfully soloing him. Am I completely missing something or is it impossible to survive as a Hunter?

Also whats up with him hitting my pet for 150k per melee swing? The hardest hitting boss apart from him was Zon'ozz which was swinging for like 80k. Hagara just attacked several times in a short period but that was quite nasty to deal with as well. I honestly don't remember him battering tanks this hard back in tier 13.
    Tanks had half CDs and double durations which meant they practically had full uptime on a cooldown (if they were good). I'm not sure if you micro-manage pet cooldowns or if they even get halved + doubled or not. That might be what you are experiencing with the melee swings. The 200k aoe is not survivable, in reality.

Deleted
    That's disappointing, but I appreciate your input.

My pet has 57k armor so he should be armor capped. It was difficult to see what exactly was hitting my pet so you could be right on the Twilight Instability. But I'm fairly confident those were Ultraxion's melee hits.

I'm just confused on why Twilight Instability was ticking for these high amounts. If these numbers were normal in tier 13 it would pretty much one-shot people. And this is on 10 man normal mode as well. Is the damage from the ticks combined against a single person if you are the only one in the fight by any chance?

Blah, well at least I got about 150 gold worth of vendor junk for my time.

EDIT:
    I do micro-manage my pet's cooldowns, however neither me or my pet got buffed with Last Defender of Azeroth. I actually checked and they were completely unaltered.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-07-02 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That's disappointing, but I appreciate your input.

My pet has 57k armor so he should be armor capped. It was difficult to see what exactly was hitting my pet so you could be right on the Twilight Instability. But I'm fairly confident those were Ultraxion's melee hits.

I'm just confused on why Twilight Instability was ticking for these high amounts. If these numbers were normal in tier 13 it would pretty much one-shot people. And this is on 10 man normal mode as well. Is the damage from the ticks combined against a single person if you are the only one in the fight by any chance?
    Yea. Twilight Instability deals 300k damage divided by the number of ppl fighting (More damage on 25 player mode, so nobody can currently solo 25 man Ultraxion. Well, maybe a few outliers could, but otherwise nobody). With the 35% damage reduction, thats a bit under 200k per tick divided amognst 10 ppl. So yea, 1 person would be wrecked by each Twilight Instability.

I see that you are 13/13 heroic. If you are going for JUST the mount, bring 1 other person along and do up to madness (or do Alysrazor/Al'Akir or something) and let them have the other mount should it drop. If you just want to know that you can solo it, you will probably be able to next tier once you hit 14/14 heroic. and are in close to T16 BiS
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Maybe if you get super good juju and 2pc procs it would split the damage between the guardians.

Deleted
    What about BiS gear in the next patch, while stacking stamina?
    spirit bond will work out to 1.5% a second then you can either choose the BM for more burst healing or MM for gradual healing.

Do anyone of the apsect buffs work for hunters?