Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.4 Legendary Cloak Procs

From the looks of uncategorized spells and Celestial related legendary quest chain, it seems like the procs themselves are related to the four Celestials and their areas of expertise.

Tanks: Endurance of Niuzao
    Physical Dps: Flurry of Xuen (melee dps/hunters)
    Caster Dps: Essence of Yu'lon
    Healers: Spirit of Chi-Ji

As with everything on PTR, this is pure speculation and can change at a moment's notice.

(moved from General)
    Last edited by Grinia; 2013-06-27 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    ... If that's true then melee got shafted compared to casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping there are some interesting animations or visible effect to go along with each...
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    How so?
    It seems like ours actually scales unlike the caster one.
    I'm not saying it won't be nice damage wise, it will scale and should do decent damage. Just it seems very lackluster for a "legendary proc". The tanking one is pretty much a really powerfull tank CD, making it so every minute you don't need to pop a CD and almost just eat one attack instead of using a defensive (if it's a simple big hit move). The caster one seems more akin to actually getting power from the celestials, and I can see it having a nice effect as its jade dragonflame, might not scale the best but will be decent damage. Then finally the healer one if a pretty powerfull heal, almost 10% of someone's hp over 3 seconds is pretty nice (especially considering hp pools right now let alone in SoO), and if you take exactly how it's worded it will be from all heals, although I can see it being a chance on heals not just on everything.

Compared to that, just a "channeled" weapon damage proc, it seems so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Interesting. Gonna be a pain in the ass for all the healers that chose the Jadefire cloak or the Monk/Druid tanks that took DPS cloaks. Hopefully there's an option to change selection at the end.
    Right now you can just buy a diff cloak.... if I remember right it's just a gold cost. So even in 5.3 you can change to a diff one if need be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Like I asked in a different topic, how so?
    It looks like the other way around to me. But hey it's hard to tell without proc rates.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I'm hoping there are some interesting animations or visible effect to go along with each...
    I hope not, can you imagine how 25 man raids are going to look? The bosses in Orgrimmar so far are quite crowded and small already.

the healing and tanking ones seem REALLLLYYYYY OP, like.. making things wayyy too easy there with heals and having to use CDs correctly while tanking to avoid being 1shot. and IMO, the melee didn't get shafted at all.. that's essentially a killing spree that hits everything and auto procs during your normal rotation, and scales with the strength of your weapons.

Keep in mind it says on the pages themselves they were added in patch 5.3. They may not be the final versions.

Though I like em

The Xuen one scales, unlike the caster dps one.

Too early to speculate about these procs, especially the healer one (worded as if every heal applies that effect...in that context it strikes me as stupidly better than the rest). Should see the procs and be able to test them later on in PTR, I suspect.

I hope not, can you imagine how 25 man raids are going to look? The bosses in Orgrimmar so far are quite crowded and small already.
    Without an animation they would be pretty much a boring unnoticed dps boon. Not legendary at all. 25 mans already have things flying all over, that's what I LOVE about 25 mans. Why would having a bit more going on matter? Already the melee meta adds a lightning bolt coming out of our skull every now and then, adding in more, but I barely notice it unless watching footage I took. I mean by the end of HM Tortos 25, it's just plain insanity. I love it, so having the legendary not have a animation just due to the fact 25 mans have a bunch going on? That's really lame.

Edit-
    I will say though that while I still don't really like the physical dps one, it seems pretty sick because depending on your positioning this could do tons of free damage. Although it's range will be weird, I see hunters being REALLY boned on it

These feel like the first thought in their head was lets make sure that these won't be good in pvp above all else even if it means its a lame proc for taking a year to make....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Then finally the healer one if a pretty powerfull heal, almost 10% of someone's hp over 3 seconds is pretty nice (especially considering hp pools right now let alone in SoO), and if you take exactly how it's worded it will be from all heals, although I can see it being a chance on heals not just on everything.
    The healer proc is not 3% of total HP, rather 3% of missing HP. It's good, but not 9% of total HP over 3 seconds.

Deleted
    25 mans already have things flying all over, that's what I LOVE about 25 mans. Why would having a bit more going on matter?
    Lag, lots and lots of lag. I agree that it's a little boring without a flash animation but the fights I've tested on the PTR so far are already quite intensive when it comes to stuff flying around and the size/details of areas. I care more about my DPS and killing a boss compared to things looking flashy.

Although it's range will be weird, I see hunters being REALLY boned on it
    That really worries me as well. I'm not looking forward to being forced into melee range to make use of the proc. If ranged are still being targeted by certain mechanics raid leaders may even be forced to ask Hunters to stand out.

But hey, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    These feel like the first thought in their head was lets make sure that these won't be good in pvp above all else even if it means its a lame proc for taking a year to make....
    Not to be rude, but this is from a long, very raiding heavy questline. You have to be raiding to get this, yes you can do it in LFR as well so there is that, but even so you have to be raiding to get it. Will I like the proc if I dabble in pvp? Yeah it will be nice, but overall this is made for PvE. Honestly they shouldn't restrict a legendaries proc because of PvP (as of yet no PvP legendaries), as then they greatly reduce it's effectiveness in PvE (especially with each roll getting a special proc)

Lag, lots and lots of lag. I agree that it's a little boring without a flash animation but the fights I've tested on the PTR so far are already quite intensive when it comes to stuff flying around and the size/details of areas. I care more about my DPS and killing a boss compared to things looking flashy.

That really worries me as well. I'm not looking forward to being forced into melee range to make use of the proc. If ranged are still being targeted by certain mechanics raid leaders may even be forced to ask Hunters to stand out.

But hey, we'll see.
    I have always seen 25's as also having the req to be able to handle them. I have some friends whom would love to raid 25's, yet cant because of their computers. So in my mind I just see it as, you can't handle it then you shouldn't be in 25's. Part of when I made my comp I made sure it was nice enough to handle 25's, because I know they are more intense then a 10.

Yeah I am glad my hunter is no longer my main, I feel like I have escaped a lot of trouble from being a melee in Mists haha. What they do to remedy this for hunters will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Not to be rude but you didn't get the point the point was not for it to be good in pvp but that the proc is so lame that that had to have been the thought when designing it. They had to be thinking lets make sure no one will use it in pvp rather than lets make a cool/fun proc, pvp screwing pve..
    Ah, I like them all. I mean I have said it already but the only one I don't like is the physical dps one. Overall I think they are pretty nice, specially tank and healing.

Not to be rude, but this is from a long, very raiding heavy questline. You have to be raiding to get this, yes you can do it in LFR as well so there is that, but even so you have to be raiding to get it. Will I like the proc if I dabble in pvp? Yeah it will be nice, but overall this is made for PvE. Honestly they shouldn't restrict a legendaries proc because of PvP (as of yet no PvP legendaries), as then they greatly reduce it's effectiveness in PvE (especially with each roll getting a special proc)
    Not to be rude but you didn't get the point the point was not for it to be good in pvp but that the proc is so lame that that had to have been the thought when designing it. They had to be thinking lets make sure no one will use it in pvp rather than lets make a cool/fun proc, pvp screwing pve..
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-06-27 at 10:54 PM.

One word: underwhelming. I'd quit if I weren't already this far along.

causing your next direct damage spell to also burn the target with jade dragonflame, dealing 5,000 damage and an additional 30,000 damage over 6 sec

what about afflic warlock?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Agreed. These cloaks are going to have to do something other than a generic "your damage proc's this spell" effect to feel legendary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Not really. I'm right now near Heroic BiS non-TF and my weapon damage is 24657–35873 or an average of 30,265 damage. If I take 60% of that, that equates to 18,159 every .5 seconds for three seconds, or 6 times. 6 * 18,159 = 108,954 per proc. If you compare that to the caster, they only get 35,000 damage per proc. I find that the melee one scales better than the caster one. Only difference would be the proc rate. If they increase the proc rate to nearly double or triple that of the melee, then yea they would be even.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    causing your next direct damage spell to also burn the target with jade dragonflame, dealing 5,000 damage and an additional 30,000 damage over 6 sec

what about afflic warlock?
    Felfire change might have to become rotational with this ? ? I know very little about locks so just trying to make this sound good for you too T.T