Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try living in Australia, I'm easily seeing 40+ degrees on numerous occasions EACH summer pretty much guaranteed. Then the normal summer day can range from anywhere between 32 and 40, it's disgusting. Though you eventually get used to the heat to some extent, still very uncomfortable nonetheless

Deleted
    Notice that I'm talking about tonight. It usually goes to 40ºC every summer here as well, it's just the beginning and it's already freaking annoying as it is right now! I hate warm weather!

I think a perfect city to live in would be Moscow >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in Maine and this is unnatural for this region. We typically have summers in the 70s-80s (21 - 26 for you Europeans.) It's been hot (90 (32)+) humid, and if it wasn't either of those, it's been thunderstorms.

And I work on a flight line as a ramp agent. Flight lines tend to get 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the area, and I end up inside the belly of aircraft cargo bays to load them, and it's a sauna in there.

Every day so far this week, we've had constant delays due to thunderstorm activity caused by this heat and humidity.

I didn't realize it was hitting Europe too.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=lloyd...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Except I melt at 20+ and not 30+

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We typically have summers in the 70s-80s (21 - 26 for you Europeans.)
    I find this very offensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Come to the Azores. We don't have 40º degrees heat here

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I live in Buffalo NY and its repeatedly hot hear too its like 90 degrees over hear and I mean its kind of annoying I cant play wow ether because its too damn hot and my air conditioner dosen't really work that well.

Both hot and cold sucks. However, since cold means that the sun will be up like 4 hours every day where I live, I'll take hot over cold because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    Both hot and cold sucks. However, since cold means that the sun will be up like 4 hours every day where I live, I'll take hot over cold because of that.
    Where the hell do you live. I live in the middle of buttfucking nowhere and I still get sun 10am to 4pm during december and january.

You're complaining about those temps? It's 42 celsius here and I took my dog for a walk, we're lucky if it dips below your temps at night. Unless it's super humid not much in the way of sympathy.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    The difference between it being too hot and too cold, is with the former, it's much harder to do anything about it.

If you're too cold, simply put some more clothes on, get a hot drink etc. But, if you're hot and you don't have air con...you're pretty much fucked. Cold shower/bath will cool you down, yeah, but pretty soon you'll be hot again.

So in general, I much prefer too cold > too hot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I find this very offensive
    Why? You use Celsius, so I was providing Celsius.
    Putin khuliyo

Why? You use Celsius, so I was providing Celsius.

We typically have summers in the 70s-80s (21 - 26 for you Europeans.)
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It's still making a big deal out of nothing.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    I wish I got 4 hours in the Winter...I also wish the sun would go down, right now. It hasn't for weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still making a big deal out of nothing.
    Nobody cares about canada

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been hot and humid as hell in the NYC area this week

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    I live in AZ, and it is supposed to get up to 118f/48c this weekend. That's pretty hot - glad I have AC for sure!!
    Don't remind me, just glad I don't plan on moving to AZ until the winter. I start getting hot at around 80F because of my work as a butcher leaves me in a freezer all day. Luckily I was given the job of cleaning up the back room after work each day so I get a taste of roughly 110+ degree super wet heat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    Hello. I am from Portugal and it's currently this retardedly high value of temperature which is 32ºC in the middle of the night (currently 00:24h). I hate this warm weather so much, I'm sitting here in my chair wanting to play something, like, WoW, or LoL, or something else (yap I'm quite the nerdy guy) but this heat won't allow me to. As soon as I put my headphones on, I almost drown in my own sweat. I'm almost naked, and I still feel like I'm in some kind of hell, or sauna.

Is there anyone else out there who absolutely hates this kind of weather? I overall dislike Summer because I do not like warm weather, and I completely HATE heat like 30ºC +.

Share your feelings with me and the rest of the community, what's your taste on this matter?

Cheers....

A very sweaty annoyed and enraged portuguese guy.
    I hear you bro, I am British so am used to the rain. When I was deployed to Afghanistan I was lucky to get 2 hours sleep in one stretch, I used to wake up so wet it looked like I had pissed myself.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 02:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dariss View Post
    I absolutely hate the heat as well.

I'm in Alaska and it's pushing right at 30ºC (~85ºF) most of the time. Thankfully the last few days have been around 22ºC (~72ºF).

I use to live in Florida, and moved to Alaska for friends and to escape the heat.
    I thought Alaska was all snow and ice?Have I been lied too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I hear you bro, I am British so am used to the rain. When I was deployed to Afghanistan I was lucky to get 2 hours sleep in one stretch, I used to wake up so wet it looked like I had pissed myself.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 02:38 AM ----------

I thought Alaska was all snow and ice?Have I been lied too?
    Its kind of weird. At some specific latitudess weather is extreme in both directions.

Being so far north you can get extremely little sun and extremely large amounts of sun during different times of the year because of the earth's tilt. During the summer you get like 16 hours of sun but during the winter you can get 4-5 hours of sun.

I know far in nunavut the sun never fully goes down. It just hovers above the horizon pretty much permanently for 6 months. Then they get total darkness for 6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    In DR is hot but... IS RAINING LIKE HELL! i mean... COME ON!!!!!