Pardon me if I'm breaking any of the forum rules, but I am pretty desperate to figure out what I'm doing wrong and posting in the Fix My DPS thread didn't seem to be getting any answers, so I'm copying my post over (with some updates):
I previously got fantastic advice from the community here and now I'm turning to you guys for help again. I've been playing Affliction and Destro (not Demo at the moment as I don't have UVLS yet) and it feels like I'm doing spectacularly bad DPS compared to the rest of the raid. Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yldia/advanced
And here are some of the logs from last week:
And logs from this week:
I was previously sitting at 13784 haste with H Light of the Cosmos as Aff, but have since dropped down to approximately the 9778 haste breakpoint and put the rest into mastery. Unfortunately, for last night's raid, I didn't notice much of a DPS difference, even as Destro on Horridon, so I really must be doing something wrong. I also understand that for GoSup Destro, the ideal stat to stack is haste, but I've also read that guides that say the DPS loss is far less noticeable when stacking mastery over haste compared to stacking haste over mastery in single target vs AoE situations.
As for the logs, last week I completely screwed up on Durumu and died to Force of Will, so please don't look at that boss lol >_> And for Twins, I died about midway through the last phase (with Lulin at 20% and Suen at about 8%-ish) because of bad positioning for barrage.
All those horribad personal mistakes aside, I find myself trying to figure out where exactly I'm going wrong. In particular, I find myself struggling to do competitive DPS on Jinrokh Meg, Dark Animus, Iron Qon and Twins (wow, that's a lot of bosses >_>). On Horridon I guess my performance is somewhat decent, though I feel like I could really be doing better. But in general, I just find that I'm not putting out good DPS, especially when it comes to single target fights.
DPS help aside, I also have some questions:
1. For Aff - should I be refreshing my dots with SB:SS every time the legendary metagem procs? Regardless of the stats that my dots snapshotted previously? To my understanding, the proc is worth 12750 haste (30 x 425), which puts it lower than the H BoTH proc (8919 int).
2. Is it true that with unglyphed Soul Swap, you can basically roll a max buffed Agony (Legendary meta + BoTH + Volatile + Jade Spirit + Lightweave + DS + Pot) from the start to the end of the fight as long as there's more than 1 target?
3. For Destro - What should my uptime on RoF be on single target fights? I've read some posts saying that it should be close to 100%, but I find that trying to keep it up that much usually brings me to the point of being OOM and unable to cast incinerate for 1-2 seconds.
4. For Destro on Horridon - is GoSac or GoSup better? As GoSac what I've found is that I generally do good DPS during the adds phase due to Shadowburn spam/Havoc cleaving, and I have no issues with pushing the Direhorn Spirit away with MF incinerate, but once I get to the last phase, I spend a lot of time pushing the damned spirit away and my DPS drops.
5. How much better is Demo with UVLS compared to Aff and Destro without it? It seems that on most fights the Demo locks with UVLS are leagues ahead of me and it's been very frustrating to see
Sorry for the lengthy post and posting outside of the Fix My DPS thread, but as mentioned I'm pretty desperate to find out what's wrong with my DPS and I would love some input from the warlock community to help me pinpoint what I should be doing. Thanks