Poll: What was the greatest 5-man Era?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Wrath heroics, easily.

As a DPS warrior it was really hard to get into TBC heroics because of no CC ability; Wrath made more group combinations viable. That's not to say that TBC heroics were bad; they were really fun if you were one of the classes that could sheep/stun/banish and groups were not hard to find. The exclusionary nature is what sucked.

The fact that there is no vanilla option is a crime lol..... some incredible dungeons. On that list though BC is by far the best, everything after that went down hill way too quickly.

TBC heroics were the hardest and most fun 5 mans i've played in. You didn't just go in there with any random person and you actually had to work your way through them.

Same goes for the TBC raids. You don't see the top guilds working on raid bosses for a month these days they are dead in a couple of days.

Magisters Terrance

The Sunwell area as a whole was fantastic.

Deleted
    TBC was awesome, but would never want to go back to it so many useful extra's we got now a days that I couldn't live without anymore.

Eh. If I had to choose I'd say BC heroics.

However this game has never really done dungeon crawls well, D&D online typically does a much better job imo.

WoW's strong point has always been raid content.

Deleted
    No option for epic vanilla 5-mans that actually required skill? (or even the baron 45)

Quote Originally Posted by idototems View Post
    Nostalgia forces me to say TBC. It was hard and took some time to complete. Would i like it today, no cause i don't have enough time to spend on the game today.
    LK was fun when doing achievements (the first time), otherwise they were to easy. And when LFD come it killed must of the social aspect of it.

But at the same time vanilla 5 mans were awesome aswell, but i didnt do enough of them to say that they were better then BC.
    I can fix that for you. Let one heroic reward just as much as two do now. Like it always should have been, more effort and time spend means you get rewarded better, unlike now...

Deleted
    Classic: Sunken Temple!

OT; TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You do realise that using the dragons you could kill half the trash packs and bring the other half down below 20% life. Only groups consisting of absolute tools had problems there.

Which heroic was ever hard at the start? Your rosetinted glasses are pinker than a pig. Some of the vanilla dungeons could be considered "hard", but that was more because terrible balance and people being new to the game. A large part of the gaming community was new to the idea of organised PvE groups. Yes, yes, there was new MMORPGs before WoW with that element, but a WoW was the first MMO for a lot of gamers so for a lot of people this was new. The WotLK heroics was not hard, but I still remember a shit ton of random groups wiping in VH, HoL, Oculus, AN, UP, Gun etc etc. The pugs wiped a lot on bosses in release, it was not hard, but then again, people say that normal raids are hard. WoWs population has problem with doing simple tasks so pretty much everything is hard.

One thing about the WotLK dungeons was however the meta achievement was seriously hard, doing the meta achievement in WotLK was shitton harder than Cata and MoP.
    Please, i think its your glasses that needs to be looked at.

Pre kara, or even mid ssc, nobody steamrolled the heroics. Sure some was easier than others, but Shadow Vaults, Shattered Halts and even Black Morass required a lot of coordination and people who knew how to play.

If your healer couldn't juggle the 5 sec rule, he was oom mid packs, very few tanks, with the exception of a paladin could hold a shattered halls pack, and no tank in that gear, could handle 7+ mobs in the same dungeon.

I clearly remember playing a lock, having one mob feared, one seduced and one kited with dots and CurseOfX for a number of packs i Shattered Halls heroic, while we still had to have one sapped, and one trapped, and still struggling to keep the tank alive and all the remaining mobs on him.

It was a hell of alot of fun, but it sure as hell wasn't before paladin tanks got +SSC level gear that you could just tank it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realise that using the dragons you could kill half the trash packs and bring the other half down below 20% life. Only groups consisting of absolute tools had problems there.
    Big deal, that trash was easy anyway.

Which heroic was ever hard at the start? Your rosetinted glasses are pinker than a pig. Some of the vanilla dungeons could be considered "hard", but that was more because terrible balance and people being new to the game. A large part of the gaming community was new to the idea of organised PvE groups. Yes, yes, there was new MMORPGs before WoW with that element, but a WoW was the first MMO for a lot of gamers so for a lot of people this was new. The WotLK heroics was not hard, but I still remember a shit ton of random groups wiping in VH, HoL, Oculus, AN, UP, Gun etc etc. The pugs wiped a lot on bosses in release, it was not hard, but then again, people say that normal raids are hard. WoWs population has problem with doing simple tasks so pretty much everything is hard.

One thing about the WotLK dungeons was however the meta achievement was seriously hard, doing the meta achievement in WotLK was shitton harder than Cata and MoP.
    The Cata Heroics were brutal at first if you did it via LFG.

Luckily for me, I did it with my guild and we cleared all of the Cata Heroics easy, but we were all very good players, so I expected nothing less.

Same with TBC Heroics, if I could hand pick my group with players I wanted to do it with, we cleared them pretty easy. But anytime I had to pug or go with guild members I rather wouldn't play with, they were a nightmare. Still to do this day I am haunted with taking retards through attunement runs.

Your last sentence is funny, WotLK achievements were a piece of piss, very very easy. Look now who has the rose tinted glasses.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-07-08 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Because this is a poll on HEROIC eras ? Vanilla wow didn't have heroics. Why is this a recurring question in this forum ? Basic reading skill required.
    The title does not contain any info about this, then change the title to HEROIC 5-man era.
    Still Vanilla.