Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bots .. More bots.. And bots!

Anyone else feel this game supports bots over players?

I feel like i see more and more mass un'id legendaries for sale every single day.

Theres no possible way 1 guy farms 60 echoing furies a day.

It feels like this games gone Bot to Win now.

This is a thread to discuss the topic of bots and how it doesnt bother people. If it doesnt as it does bother me.

Anyways opinions?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't anything new of course shit's run by bots and the people who think people are banning them are quite gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    This isn't anything new of course shit's run by bots and the people who think people are banning them are quite gullible.
    Its like I said before.

Blizzard made a comment about how "3million or whatever number it is" people play Diablo 3 each month and I said ......how many of those is bots. Yes the D3 Auction House at lease on the softcore side is getting ran by bots and its annoying as hell. The game has been Bot to Win for quite some time "since launch" with its poor RNG and really poor random stat setup.

"wanting for benbros to make a comment stating D3 is fine and there is no bots and bla blabla"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turning off all public chats certainly helps you feel more in tune with the game and not thinking about bots. :P

Just enjoy it for yourself. ^_^
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Turning off all public chats certainly helps you feel more in tune with the game and not thinking about bots. :P

Just enjoy it for yourself. ^_^
    That helps until you get spammed friend requests from bots LOL before I quit I got like 2-4 a day. Now I admit that isn't really spam but its still annoying.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That helps until you get spammed friend requests from bots LOL before I quit I got like 2-4 a day. Now I admit that isn't really spam but its still annoying.
    I actually logged in to fuck around and I got 9 request from farm bots it was a great time most of the ''WALMART D3'' or some shit like that lol hell every time I login actually I get AT LEAST 3-5 spam request from these fucking bot things.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually get about 1 friend request every other day I log on. That's it. Don't care too much, just hit report spam and go about my business.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I..entered this thread thinking about WoW. I think my head hurts. In all seriousness, I wouldn't know. All I'm going to say is. RMAH, evil must be purged.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    I actually logged in to fuck around and I got 9 request from farm bots it was a great time most of the ''WALMART D3'' or some shit like that lol hell every time I login actually I get AT LEAST 3-5 spam request from these fucking bot things.
    I love it when I take a break for a month or two and when I come back I got like 25+ to deal with lol.

O god I haven't logged on in a month now I don't want to lol.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone should just quit SC and come play HC.

The economy is more stable and there aint THAT many bots around :P
    Though dying to DC or rubberbanding can be a bit frustrating.

But I just love it how my heart-rate insta-rises to 150+ whenever I rubber-band and drop to 10% HP but still survive :P

Hardcore on Oceanic ping? Rather sodomise myself with barbed wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Anyone else feel this game supports bots over players?

I feel like i see more and more mass un'id legendaries for sale every single day.

Theres no possible way 1 guy farms 60 echoing furies a day.

It feels like this games gone Bot to Win now.

This is a thread to discuss the topic of bots and how it doesnt bother people. If it doesnt as it does bother me.

Anyways opinions?
    I always wondered how you can see bots IN a game where you can't see them ...

No sane person would play with a bot in a public game. So in game it is excluded to meet them.

Auction House: thousands of players are successful every day in swapping gear, buying low, selling high. When you are in the mood, you do that.

So these so called AH bots are truely terrible at doing their job, because we can beat them every day.

-----

--- OR --- the result what you see in the AH and that awesome number of Legendaries is the end result of ....14 months of game play with hardly ANY Legendary worthwhile leaving the economy...

Guess 2 times ..with KNOWING the AH regroups 1 million players per region (instead of 2000 players for a WoW AH...)...

1 guy farming 60 EF per day ? No but ... 1 million players over 400+ days can of course ...

Conclusion: ONE region wide AH is a mind blowing number of actual ... Players.

----
    Btw the messages from gold sellers are not proof of massive bots either. The gold selling comes from cracked accounts. Everyone knows that since years in WoW.

Of course idiots still try bots but in my view it isn't worth it.

---tldr: i play HC, hardly a bot I guess, since I can buy the green gems at 500 gold and sell stars (27*3*3) at 1.200,000 ...

This profit would be impossible with bots. Yep they all die in HC ... AND the Legendaries are constantly removed from the game.

Again: HC proves that an AH within D3 can work perfectly. You only need a mechanic to reset the offered goods like HC does. The offer on the SC AH has nothing to do with bots, but is the result of 14 months of grinding with multi million players and ONE region wide AH.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-06-28 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I usually get about 1 friend request every other day I log on. That's it. Don't care too much, just hit report spam and go about my business.
    I report them for harassment, myself.

I have also never got one of those on my EU account, only on the US account.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    "wanting for benbros to make a comment stating D3 is fine and there is no bots and bla blabla"
    I don't suppose you have next weeks winning Euro lottery numbers too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Defiantly agree that bots are plentyfull, but this is nothing new. For the last 5+ years Diablo2 has had nothing but bots. Infact it got to a point where If you did baal runs, you would want a bot to carry you for best XP.

Nothing new with bots already. Besides, it dosen't ruin my game exsperience really. Okay Im pretty sure I saw a AH bot snipe a leorics signet from me some 1 week ago. I was doing the useal spame refresh page, and saw a leoric signet posted for like 20k gold. I hit buy out so fast I could (about 3 secs), but it was still bought....Damn :/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Don't forget, with thousands of legitimate players on the AH at any one time, that could just have been a player who refreshed the AH half a second earlier than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont see the big deal. There are bots 3rd party hacks/cheats on every game out there. Quite silly to think otherwise. I cant see how it effects my game tho, If anything i bought diablo 3 to have fun and kill time. I got what i payed for its just that simple. Makes us legits look good because we didnt have to cheat to get great.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of a necro here but what sort of program do these people use to automatically prevent a playerf« from bidding?

I mean, i see a legendary item that starts out low and 5 to 6 hours later it's almost at a mil. Still acceptable for someone on a low budget. But when one tries to bid, you just get a ton of "Bid is too low", so you just end up raising the mininum for the item because some sort of program prevents that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Sort of a necro here but what sort of program do these people use to automatically prevent a playerf« from bidding?

I mean, i see a legendary item that starts out low and 5 to 6 hours later it's almost at a mil. Still acceptable for someone on a low budget. But when one tries to bid, you just get a ton of "Bid is too low", so you just end up raising the mininum for the item because some sort of program prevents that.
    Refresh the page and you'll see that a new, higher bid has been made in the time it took you to decide that you should type in 1.2 million instead of 1.15 million

Blizzard is busy atm implementing a cash shop. If you wait till the first season of the next expansion for the bots to overwhelm random battlegrounds to the point where large numbers of noobs notice them again, Blizzard is certainly going to push out a loud banwave that will please many and make them thankful for how much Blizzard does care shutting up all the complainers.