Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    I honestly don't see why next tier should be any different to *almost* every other tier.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustForThisThread View Post
    EZ.
    A lot of big claims here without having an armoury link yourself, someone could draw a conclusion or two from your posts. He seems to at least have the history to back himself, you not so much it seems...

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalega View Post
    I don't know about everyone else, but whenever I use "prestigious" raid titles from previous tiers, or any title for that matter, I don't expect to be looked at with amazement. I simply use those titles because it either looks good with my character's name, fits that character's race/class, or I just feel like using it. And many raid titles go great with certain toons, so having access to them is nice... But like I said, I really don't expect to be swooned over by wearing a raid title that wasn't hard to achieve, and I wouldn't be surprised if most other players who got Starcaller, the Light of Dawn, Savior of Azeroth, etc. after their respective patches feel that way too.

    I sort of understand wanting to show off that you accomplished something great à la an in-game title, but some of you getting this upset over prestige in a video game? Just lol...
    This. I choose my titles based on ones I personally like, think go well with a class (for example, my main is a shadow priest, so I use Shado-Master, not because it's hard to get but because I think it's fitting), or sound good with the character's name. If I got Storm's End today, I might use it for a week until the novelty wears off, then revert back to others. And honestly, in my opinion, if you're looking to "show off" in the Shrine or have people "impressed" by you, the guild tag under your name tends to mean a lot more than the words in front of or behind your character's name. If you're in a heroic raiding guild, you know who the other heroic raiding guilds on your server are, you know their progression, and you know if they're getting new kills before your guild.

    Also, it's been mentioned before, but since guilds now sell titles/mounts, they basically mean very little. I could spend a few hundred thousand gold and go get carried to a Storm's End title, but what would that mean? Nothing, really. It meant I had some gold to spend and some time to kill on a night where other people did all the work for me.

  3. #63
    Stood in the Fire Weightlifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Personally I just don't use my raid titles, when a new Tier is being released. Cause that's when people will go back and faceroll it with way more gear than was ever intended. I'll be using my Storm's End until the SoO is released or at least when the top guilds gets their new titles, at that point nobody gives a shit about an old title that everyone can go back and stomp.
    Oh look, a snowflake!

    Less of these snowflake remarks, especially when its the only thing being said. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-07-09 at 09:54 AM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Nobody really gives a shit about the whole dates on the achievement thing people want to stand out in terms of top tier raiders why do you think they do that? It's how you stand out that's the core thing here what no top tier raider is going to be like wtf he has storm end LETS GO CHECK THE DATE they don't do that lol they like looking all special most of the time.

    Hence special snow flake is actually not exactly a degrading term as many as people think it is lol

    That's a part of the motivation of raiding, right? It's like buying a dishwasher that isn't made to last. It helps give people an incentive to raid to get the newest heroic titles that the "casuals" can only get an expansion later. This way, the casuals can get titles, but not when they are still relevant. And the raiders can't rely on their title to give them a special status forever unless they keep raiding for the newest titles of that tier. I think it's intended.


    Whether it's fair to dangle it in front of raiders like that is another thing, but it's a viable system.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Yeah because you don't deserve it in terms of overpowering the content like the mid tier people w/e type of tier people who do it in the current expansion still deserve it because they progressed that boss dying to X amount of times yada yada but fucking doing it in the next expansion and stuff? Fuck no you don't deserve it but hey that's just me being a D bag / special snow flake person It's just an opinion. They haven't removed shit in awhile so most of the top tier raider adapt to it and still cling on to the past such as myself

    /hug Death's Demise
    (playing the role of the internet stalker) You didn't really get your DD title until after ToC was out, so whatever. Never a fan of realm first titles because you had some really amazing guilds on higher pop servers that didn't get the titles but servers with less competition had a much less pressure to get theirs. (Of course I didn't switch to heavy raiding until T10 when they stopped that so you can see why I'm bitter).

    Anyway, Blizzard obviously doesn't like the idea of exclusive titles/mounts for people who only completed the content while it was current. I don't know why because honestly there is zero incentive right now for raiders to improve. Players will just stick with their mode that they want (LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic) and just coast along. There will be no incentive because you can just wait it out a few months and you'll have access to the titles/mounts a little bit down the road when you can roflstomp everything and ignore a majority of the mechanics. It's sad, but whatever.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Oh look, a snowflake!
    Oh look, someone with nothing of value to add to the thread.

    -_- Sarcasm to fight sarcasm. What has the world come to?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    OT: Who cares about pixels, not like anyone clearing current content wears last tiers title anyway.
    They don't wear last tier's titles because it's not unique anymore at that point. People do still wear realm first titles because they are unique.
    Last edited by Dysheki; 2013-07-08 at 06:06 PM.

  6. #66
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Same thing tbh, I just prefer using my Conqueror of Naxxramas (which wasn't even remotely hard to get, but required you to level up and gear up fast and be the first on your realm) outside of heroic titles. Hoping to get Storm's End before 5.4.
    If it means anything, I'm very jealous of the realm first raid feats in WotLK.
    Makes me wish I played the game seriously back then.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Oh look, a snowflake!
    Oh look, a generic meaningless 'insult'!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by JustForThisThread View Post
    I wish they would also make it so you can buy gear, titles, mounts, while it's still current.

    Bads who were decent two expansions ago think they are still relevant in MoP, but clearly can't cut the raid content so they buy titles and mounts and claim to be so hardcore that someone else doing so diminishes their achievements.
    Meh, Apathy is is usually the same shrill note any time some casual vs hardcore debate of any flavor comes up:

    "I used to be great, back in my day, etc etc, now here's a huge, heaping helping of vitriol towards *everyone* else while I go on a curse laden nerd rage about the state of the game I profess to not even play anymore."
    That's usually the summary of what I read by a guy that (ironically?) chose the name 'Apathy'.

  8. #68
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Oh look, a snowflake!

    What is your point? We are discussing whether or not we think this Tier's titles will still be available come next Tier. We're discussing whether or not they should be and what we think about it. So I posted how I approach titles and suddenly you feel the need to insult, while not contributing to the thread at all.

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I use the heroic tier title for as long as the tier is current then swap to hand of a'dal or champion of ulduar for the start of next tier. Being able to overpower titles removes all prestige from them until you end up with Twilight Vanqisher. (One of the most common titles in the game as of now).
    I'm fine with them not removing the titles as patches go on. I have my hand of a'dal, other people don't. If someone's using storms end in 5.4 and they don't have the cutting edge feat, then good on them for needing to outgear the content by 30ilvls, I'm sure the title will serve them well.
    I find the "Needing to outgear the content by 30ilvls" part really funny considering what was "required" to kill it at the start of the patch and what's getting used now (meta gem, cloak, item upgrates), so by your comment people that are killing Lei Shen for the first time from now and forward don't deserve it since they "outgear" it?

  10. #70
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I find the "Needing to outgear the content by 30ilvls" part really funny considering what was "required" to kill it at the start of the patch and what's getting used now (meta gem, cloak, item upgrates), so by your comment people that are killing Lei Shen for the first time from now and forward don't deserve it since they "outgear" it?
    That's not really what he said.... There's a big difference between the meta gem (which not all have) and the cloak (again, not all have it yet) and then outgearing something with 30 ilvls - which is what he said.

  11. #71
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    That's not really what he said.... There's a big difference between the meta gem (which not all have) and the cloak (again, not all have it yet) and then outgearing something with 30 ilvls - which is what he said.
    If you're at Lei Shen HC you will have the meta unless you rerolled the last 2months, a very small chance, the cloak, yes, but about half the raid will have that right now and it is a big increase. But that's just extra things compared to the extra gear that months of farming normal/hc bosses and then also item upgrades you have which the ones that did it the first times had. So the thing is killing Lei Shen HC right now is probably more than 30+ ilvl worth of dps/healing compared to Paragon/Method/Blood Legion, which means by his logic they should start removing their titles now since people are overgearing the encounter.

  12. #72
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Yeah because you don't deserve it in terms of overpowering the content like the mid tier people w/e type of tier people who do it in the current expansion still deserve it because they progressed that boss dying to X amount of times yada yada but fucking doing it in the next expansion and stuff? Fuck no you don't deserve it but hey that's just me being a D bag / special snow flake person It's just an opinion. They haven't removed shit in awhile so most of the top tier raider adapt to it and still cling on to the past such as myself

    /hug Death's Demise
    Maybe you should commit to continuing to obtain the most recent achievements, instead of relying on something you got a year ago or more to convince yourself you're convincing other people into thinking you're "special." What you do speaks more than what you've done. Does "the kingslayer" have any bearing now? Would it have any bearing now if it had been removed after 3.5? No, and no. Are you going to consider someone's raid application because they have a title from three years ago? They could suck ass at the game now, and I'd think that's more relevant than any "title" they have.

    Predicated on this, removing titles or mounts are just idiotic... And what's worse, when people ask for them to NOT be removed, it convinces other people into thinking they must be special because "oh gee, other people want something I have, they must want to be me..." Which leads to a lot of this "special snowflake" thought. People don't give a rat's ass about whether you HAVE a title or mount, they just know that the mount looks cool, or the title sounds neat. They don't want to be the person, they don't wish they had their life, they don't care about their progression... But special snowflakes see it as the exact opposite, and take is as a rationalization for self-aggrandizement and basis for laughable claims that other people are "jealous" of them.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-09 at 12:29 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #73
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Maybe you should commit to continuing to obtain the most recent achievements, instead of relying on something you got a year ago or more to convince yourself you're convincing other people into thinking you're "special." What you do speaks more than what you've done. Does "the kingslayer" have any bearing now? Would it have any bearing now if it had been removed after 3.5? No, and no. Are you going to consider someone's raid application because they have a title from three years ago? They could suck ass at the game now, and I'd think that's more relevant than any "title" they have.

    Predicated on this, removing titles or mounts are just idiotic... And what's worse, when people ask for them to NOT be removed, it convinces other people into thinking they must be special because "oh gee, other people want something I have, they must want to be me..." Which leads to a lot of this "special snowflake" thought. People don't give a rat's ass about whether you HAVE a title or mount, they just know that the mount looks cool, or the title sounds neat. They don't want to be the person, they don't wish they had their life, they don't care about their progression... But special snowflakes see it as the exact opposite, and take is as a rationalization for self-aggrandizement and basis for laughable claims that other people are "jealous" of them.
    You know you are probably the only person who actually gives a good reply rather then just outright call people a snow flake then attack them lol

  14. #74
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    If you're at Lei Shen HC you will have the meta unless you rerolled the last 2months, a very small chance, the cloak, yes, but about half the raid will have that right now and it is a big increase. But that's just extra things compared to the extra gear that months of farming normal/hc bosses and then also item upgrades you have which the ones that did it the first times had. So the thing is killing Lei Shen HC right now is probably more than 30+ ilvl worth of dps/healing compared to Paragon/Method/Blood Legion, which means by his logic they should start removing their titles now since people are overgearing the encounter.
    The fight is unfathomably easier now than it was progressing on it with ~532 ilvl.
    Are you going to not push Phase1 fast enough? No.
    If you solo soak two balls are you going to die (Yes, this is a stupid thing to do)? Probably not with the health increase from gear (which people underestimate).
    If you cop an overcharge because you derped and soak a ball are you going to die? No, same as above.
    Are you going to have enough AoE for balls in phase2/3? Undoubtedly
    How many thunderstrucks in phase 3 are you going to get with an average raid ilvl of 545? Hardly any.
    People who are only getting to him now/killing him now missed out on the hardest part. Which is why achievements have dates. The fight is overpowerable now with current top gear levels, but it's still a hard fight to progress on. Next patch when the normals are dropping 553 gear and the instance wide nerf is applied, it'll be even easier to be brute forced.
    Sure, BL killed Leishen with 528 ilvl. But they also have (some) of the best players on all of the US servers.

    This is coming from someone who started prog on H leishen at 529 (25man) and killed it at 536. Sure, 536 is high, but progressing on it with sub 530 ilvl is Heroic Ragnaros-tier of difficulty.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2013-07-09 at 04:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  15. #75
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Veteran players may have those titles but what about this generation of players now? They don't get to feel anything well most of them don't really give a shit really least I think I haven't even raided this expansion. I'm just saying give those who work on the hardest boss a fucking reward like they've always done well okay not all time but something to make them shine I can't imagine doing top tier raiding anymore wiping to the same stupid shit over and over until your eyes bleed.

    However they are keeping the trend of the 100% Heroic mount so that's the reward I guess.
    throwing your corpse at something til it dies is hardly finesse or skill, which is why wrath had additional titles for flawless performance, killing things without wiping or losing anyone in a boss fight, on hardmode. THAT is where real skill is. Who cares if you throw your corpse at shit for 100 hours til it died. Can you down it without losing anyone? or wiping once? Wish they'd bring THOSE back, they were a far better measure of skill.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Out with the old, in with the new, and superior. Old models are all hideous garbage compared to the new
    Night Elf Independence Movement:

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    throwing your corpse at something til it dies is hardly finesse or skill, which is why wrath had additional titles for flawless performance, killing things without wiping or losing anyone in a boss fight, on hardmode. THAT is where real skill is. Who cares if you throw your corpse at shit for 100 hours til it died. Can you down it without losing anyone? or wiping once? Wish they'd bring THOSE back, they were a far better measure of skill.
    they also proved how much gear you had, to be able to survive and whatnot, and kill stuff quicker.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    So you basically want something that's challenging to obtain, but without the challenge.
    Casual MMO gaming in a nutshell.

  18. #78
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Casual MMO gaming in a nutshell.
    No, they did what was required for the achievement;

    it was simply no longer challenging at the time it was earned.

    And hey, people so intent on showing off how pro they are can earn the most recent achievements to show what challenges they have accomplished that people may show some shred of care towards. And then they can do it again, and again, and again, and again, for as long as they feel the need to. The ability to show off your challenging achievements via titles hasn't gone anywhere... you just have to KEEP being good at the game if you want to make people believe you're good at it.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalega View Post
    I don't know about everyone else, but whenever I use "prestigious" raid titles from previous tiers, or any title for that matter, I don't expect to be looked at with amazement. I simply use those titles because it either looks good with my character's name, fits that character's race/class, or I just feel like using it. And many raid titles go great with certain toons, so having access to them is nice... But like I said, I really don't expect to be swooned over by wearing a raid title that wasn't hard to achieve, and I wouldn't be surprised if most other players who got Starcaller, the Light of Dawn, Savior of Azeroth, etc. after their respective patches feel that way too.

    I sort of understand wanting to show off that you accomplished something great à la an in-game title, but some of you getting this upset over prestige in a video game? Just lol...
    I'm in the same boat. I don't even use a raid title for this reason; my main character wears "Seeker of Knowledge" because that's what she is.

    It's best to just focus on what you imagine for your character. Same reason I still ride the ICC Frostwyrm mount; to many people it's no longer "prestigious", but I can't picture a death knight flying on anything else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •