Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Coy mathis Trial

Coy mathis a 6 year old boy as biologically a boy born with the Male sexual organs. He one a case becasue he feels in his mind that he is actually a woman. So he one a court case allowing him to use the girl's bathroom and girls gym and for know on will be classified as a female for medicals. The thing that bothers me about this is the persecution this girl is getting for the court case she won. And I am not the only one that feels bad for this girl and even TheAmazingAtheist is mad about this and he hates everything.

AmazingAtheist video of coy mathis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe that anyone at age 6 knows the difference between being a boy and a girl. There's really very little physical differentiation at those ages, secondary sex characteristics haven't begun to develop, and really most little boys and girls could pass for the other sex with a minor change of clothes and hairstyle.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Seriously dont we have better things to be using out legal system for? Im sorry but when i look at this all I can see is what it really is which is a media circus. The only point of this is to get attention, nothing more and nothing less. I feel sorry for the child being made the center of all this. If he truly truly believes this on his own then more power to him but if he was lead to this by others or it is just a phase I feel bad for the fallout he/she will deal with in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    His mother made him grow out his hair. and he says he never wanted to do this.

Found a picture of him before his mother made him grow out his hair. and started dressing him in girl cloth's

What they don't tell you is the parent are probably giving the child Hormonal medication so the young boy acts feminine. That's really natural TJ. If the child wants to be a woman when he/she is older, I don't have a problem with that. What we are discussing here is a school's decision to restrict that child to the female locker-room. How is the school supposed to react?

10+ Year Old Account
    It the child XXY? Or some other interesting combination?

If not, this is silly. Sad what culture does to malleable minds. Then, we've all grown up in the same.

I can't think of any better way to waste the resources of the legal system and the time of media watchers all over the country. Wonder how long it will be before a child says "I'm a Sith lord!" and people start crying "Persecution!" when people refuse to call him/her "Darth". This whole issue is like a monument to Insincerity, from the attention whore parents to the sensationalist media to the self-righteous indignant advocates.

Deleted
    This is bullshit. As someone said in that video, HE has a penis and balls therefore HE is a BOY. I just cannot believe that a 6 years old can take such a decission on his own without the influence of his parents. And I can't believe that people can agree with that guy from the video. Being open minded is nice and all but for fucks sake, he is 6. Let him get to 18 and then he can do whatever the hell he wants with his body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, one more child with what seem to be terrible parents.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Truth is, he is 6. Maybe wait a couple of years before deciding your child is transgendered? Things change. Let him develop some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Truth is, he is 6. Maybe wait a couple of years before deciding your child is transgendered? Things change. Let him develop some more.
    He docent know if he is transgender or not. His parents are forcing him to dress like this and forced him to sue the school with his family.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It the child XXY? Or some other interesting combination?
    Klinefelter syndrome (XXY) does not make you feel feminine, so I don't really see what this has to do with being transgender.

I don't really know what to think of this. I don't really know whether you can really feel being a gender at that age. If it is possible, then it's a good thing that Coy would be allowed to use the ladies restroom and stuff. If it's really only what the parents want (and possibly giving him hormones as stated before), then I really think the parents should be faced prison for childabuse.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Klinefelter syndrome (XXY) does not make you feel feminine, so I don't really see what this has to do with being transgender.

I don't really know what to think of this. I don't really know whether you can really feel being a gender at that age. If it is possible, then it's a good thing that Coy would be allowed to use the ladies restroom and stuff. If it's really only what the parents want (and possibly giving him hormones as stated before), then I really think the parents should be faced prison for childabuse.
    idk according to wiki it can, though not in everyone

You can feel being a gender because we set up social constructs from day 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for LGBT rights, but this is just stupid and ridiculous. They're definitely in the top running for worst parents of the year.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me, like many topics in the media today, people are jumping to conclusions with out knowing all the facts, or even having the chance to talk to Coy themselves. Speculations about whether or not the parents are giving her hormones, or even if this is their decision or her's isn't clear based on the video listed, or in the op.

I am not saying the decision was her's or her parents, but the possibility certainly exists. If it was her decision then I fully support it, more power to her, and hopefully this case gets forgotten quickly so she can have as normal a life as possible. I know several people who have chosen to go through with this change, and the later in life that it occurs, the more difficult it becomes.

To quick are we to judge based on not knowing all the facts (or the people involved personally), and let a public sense of morality dictate our response, instead of questioning whether or not that view of morality might need to be adjusted as times have progressed, and so should we.

If this was a forced decision upon the child, then i would agree that it should be considered child abuse, but I doubt such a case would be won in the favor of the child with out an investigation on the parents themselves and that it was determined to be her choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    It seems to me, like many topics in the media today, people are jumping to conclusions with out knowing all the facts, or even having the chance to talk to Coy themselves. Speculations about whether or not the parents are giving her hormones, or even if this is their decision or her's isn't clear based on the video listed, or in the op.

I am not saying the decision was her's or her parents, but the possibility certainly exists. If it was her decision then I fully support it, more power to her, and hopefully this case gets forgotten quickly so she can have as normal a life as possible. I know several people who have chosen to go through with this change, and the later in life that it occurs, the more difficult it becomes.

To quick are we to judge based on not knowing all the facts (or the people involved personally), and let a public sense of morality dictate our response, instead of questioning whether or not that view of morality might need to be adjusted as times have progressed, and so should we.

If this was a forced decision upon the child, then i would agree that it should be considered child abuse, but I doubt such a case would be won in the favor of the child with out an investigation on the parents themselves and that it was determined to be her choice.
    All of what you said assumes it's a choice.

It would seem Coy, identified themselves as female before school started, and it was not something the parents pushed upon Coy.

Coy was born a triplet with two sisters and identified as a girl before she began attending elementary school in Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8, an area heavy with military personnel near an Army base. Her father, Jeremy, is an ex-Marine.

At 5 months, she took a pink blanket meant for her sister Lily. Later, she showed little interest in toy cars and boy clothes with pictures of sports, monsters and dinosaurs on them. She refused to leave the house if she had to wear boy clothes. After her parents accepted her identity, they said, Coy come out of her shell.

Coy was diagnosed with "gender identity disorder" – a designation the American Psychiatric Association removed last year from its list of mental ailments. The removal reflected the growing medical consensus that identification as another gender cannot be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    It would seem Coy, identified themselves as female before school started, and it was not something the parents pushed upon Coy.
    Provide a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Pink is not a girl color or a boy color, there is no such thi8ng as boy or girl colors so the blanket shit is exactly that, shit. As well as the toys and clothes. None of that makes you what you are in your mind. He was born a triplet and they treated the other two differently and he didn't want to be different. Simplest solution.

That entire paragraph is fkin atrocious. Women can't like monsters, dinosaurs or sports because those are inherently manly somehow? Men can't like the color pink? Bah. This kid's parents attributed their own concepts of reality on to this kid and decide he likes pink blankets and his sisters clothes, he must think he is a girl since he was born with two sisters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotus View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Pink is not a girl color or a boy color, there is no such thi8ng as boy or girl colors so the blanket shit is exactly that, shit. As well as the toys and clothes. None of that makes you what you are in your mind. He was born a triplet and they treated the other two differently and he didn't want to be different. Simplest solution.

That entire paragraph is fkin atrocious. Women can't like monsters, dinosaurs or sports because those are inherently manly somehow? Men can't like the color pink? Bah. This kid's parents attributed their own concepts of reality on to this kid and decide he likes pink blankets and his sisters clothes, he must think he is a girl since he was born with two sisters.
    It does make sense.

It makes terrifying sense.

Because this shows just how pervasive a culture can be. And how much of an effect culture has on sexuality, even at a very young age, perhaps from before one can remember anything. Terrifying, for anyone willing to think about it.