Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer MonsieuRoberts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Ok but you don't know if he is actually joking if we thought everyone was joking but they actually did something then we could have a really big problem.
    Okay, so let's arrest everyone on the internet who says who says "I'll kill you" or "That person needs to die", let's jail anyone who uses crude and potentially politically incorrect and insensitive humor because they COULD actually mean it.

It's a joooooooke.
    "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything."

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul; Nibelung Valesti!"
    Old Warrior - New Warrior

Warchief
    Well he obviously isn't going to get 8 years. He will just have time served up to his trial and it will likely be dismissed. Might get slapped with community service at the most.

Lots of us have joked about shit, but I would never in a public place write in text something like that. Regardless of your position doing so is absolutely fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Ok but you don't know if he is actually joking if we thought everyone was joking but they actually did something then we could have a really big problem.
    But you can't go jailing every fucker that says something silly on the internet. This isn't worth time or money. Stupid thing to chase after and stupid of anyone who takes it serious.

1000s of people say worse on the internet everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I guess I should be punished for slipping a Hitler joke too right? You know, that guy killed millions so it's alright to joke about it... You see what I'm trying to say?
    Considering the US's history of school shootings, and what he said could be considered a threat, completely different thing. Joking about hitler isn't a potential veiled threat.

The Lightbringer MonsieuRoberts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Considering the US's history of school shootings, and what he said could be considered a threat, completely different thing. Joking about hitler isn't a potential veiled threat.
    It was dumb. But was it 8 years in jail dumb? Doubtful. : /
    "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything."

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul; Nibelung Valesti!"
    Old Warrior - New Warrior

I think everyone can agree the comment was stupid. I think law enforcement should be praised and encouraged for looking into this kind of stuff. However, shouldn't the system handle situations like this in a better way? It was obviously a joke, should he still be in jail for a joke?

The point is that yeah the kid should probably be checked out but thrown in jail and with potential 8 years in prison? I mean come the fuck on, just give the kid a some psychological testing at most. Kids joke about things because they don't know better and whether or not you believe a teenager should know better, they still don't. I'm 18 (19 on July 1st) and I don't even know better, I still ask my dad for advice all the time.

Just seems like the judicial system in Texas went full retard, not really that surprising to be honest.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    It was dumb. But was it 8 years in jail dumb? Doubtful. : /
    I agree, I never said 8 years was appropriate, but he does need something.

Just seems like the judicial system in Texas went full retard, not really that surprising to be honest.
    Shhh they'll hear you being unpatriotic!

The point is that yeah the kid should probably be checked out but thrown in jail and with potential 8 years in prison? I mean come the fuck on, just give the kid a some psychological testing at most. Kids joke about things because they don't know better and whether or not you believe a teenager should know better, they still don't. I'm 18 (19 on July 1st) and I don't even know better, I still ask my dad for advice all the time.

I disagree on just merely checked out. He needs to realize saying dumb stuff like that will have consequences. community service and a few days in jail in addition to whatever his parents think up.

im not sure if this is idiotic because its Texas or OP's link is to huffington post
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    im not sure if this is idiotic because its Texas or OP's link is to huffington post
    Well, it was the top google hit for this story. It's actually on a lot of news websites if you Google around.

time to report the next person in league who say ssomething vaguely threatening

because lol apparently they'll go to jail

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    What do you guys think of this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3512025.html

Comment was definitely tasteless, but man, to have your entire life ruined over a sarcastic comment is uh...well...scary. Makes me not want to talk or even post on forums. I definitely would never even joke about what he joked about, but it's just kind of crazy to think that joking around on Facebook could lead to prison time.
    I really dont get this.. The WBC can spout all sort of homophobic and racist bullshit and they're "covered by the freedom of speech" yet this kid makes one joke and is on the verge of getting sent to prison.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Stupid comment.
    He does deserve a slap over the hand, to show it's not okay. Specially when you're retarded enough to leave you FB open for everybody to see. Internet is big and will always have people that don't see the comments made, the way you want to.
    Or we could always pull the log of political correctness out of our ass and grow some balls instead of overreacting to everything and trying to censor anything we perceive as unpleasant.
    Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real. Sun coming up, 5 a.m., I wonder if they got cabs still?
    Thinking 'bout the girl in all leopard who was rubbing the wood like Kiki Shepherd
    Two tattoos: one read "No Apologies". The other said "Love is Cursed by Monogamy"

I disagree on just merely checked out. He needs to realize saying dumb stuff like that will have consequences. community service and a few days in jail in addition to whatever his parents think up.
    LOL no really, saying stupid stuff like that should have consequences?? Then how about all the stupid stuff politicians say that never get addressed? Personally i'd much rather have them be responsible for the shit the tend to say then some boy saying something stupid on the interwebz. Of course the police should investigate a bit but this is just way way over the top imo. The police knocking on their door should have been all the warning he needed for something like this.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
    (Epicurus 341 - 270 BC)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I really dont get this.. The WBC can spout all sort of homophobic and racist bullshit and they're "covered by the freedom of speech" yet this kid makes one joke and is on the verge of getting sent to prison.
    because telling people they're going to hell isn't a threat

It's pretty sad when someone gets jailed for 8 years for a sarcastic comment and say, someone kills another person and is out in less than 8 years. Just find that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Well, it was the top google hit for this story. It's actually on a lot of news websites if you Google around.
    mk found it on newsweek it was between "Texas teen arrested for murder of 5 year old" and "Texas teen arrested for posting about drunk driving on facebook"

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It's pretty sad when someone gets jailed for 8 years for a sarcastic comment and say, someone kills another person and is out in less than 8 years. Just find that crazy.
    this is Texas the only way out is up
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

Well you say "teen" but he's 18 so he's legally an adult. A lot of people on the internet don't realise that yes you can be charged for shit like this. I think 8 years is excessive though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Most idiotic thing I have ever seen someone jailed over for.
    Not even remotely.