Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
43
LastLast
  1. #821
    Stood in the Fire zerocoolhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central,Mass
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com//news/texas-...-bail-6411365?

    An anonymous good samaritan posted his $500,000 bail.
    I wouldn't really call him a good Samaritan. The kid made a threat. Whether it was real or not doesn't matter. He deserves some kind of punishment.

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    I wouldn't really call him a good Samaritan. The kid made a threat. Whether it was real or not doesn't matter. He deserves some kind of punishment.
    The 5 months he already spent in jail, loss of reputation and job, beatings he received while in jail, depression he went through while in jail (placed on suicide watch, put in a cell with nothing in it, completely naked and under 24/7 camera surveillance) and the stress of having to fight to not go to prison for 8 years isn't punishment enough?

    I don't know. I believe in fairness and justice above all. When a kid goes through hell for a sarcastic joke comment taken completely out of context, I struggle to believe that justice prevailed. While he's possibly facing 8 years in prison, rapists, child molesters, burglars, drug dealers and violent alcoholics get placed in retained jurisdiction programs and roam the streets again after 3-9 months of classes.

  3. #823
    High Overlord Dawnseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    I wouldn't really call him a good Samaritan. The kid made a threat. Whether it was real or not doesn't matter. He deserves some kind of punishment.
    There was no threat real or otherwise, the words taken out of context could be considered a threat but that doesn't take away from the fact that what he actually said wasn't an actual threat aimed at anyone or anything as it wasn't intended to threaten anyone, it was sarcasm. If he'd posted it to some newspaper without making it clear that he was joking, or some kind of authority that would be a threat.

    A good quote for this type of situation:

    "If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him."
    ~ R/H Pally ~ WW/MW Monk ~ Des/Dem Lock
    ~ R/F Druid ~ Enh/R Sham ~ S/H Priest ~ Fi/Fr Mage ~ A/S Rg ~ Fr/B DK ~ A/Pr Warr ~ M/B Hntr

    ~ H/R Pally ~ F/G Druid ~ Arc Mage ~ Sv Hunter ~ Fr DK

  4. #824
    I think, he would learn his lesson as well if he would only have to spend the time till his trial in jail. Or even 2 weeks or so. All he has to learn is, to think twice about things you are going to say. And nothing more. He never was a threat to the USA, children or anybody else.
    5 month in jail for now more than enough.

    8 years are nothing but ridiculous. Ok, i have to admit, the prosecutors deals, which offer him "only" 8 years instead of 10 years are one of the most stupiest things i've ever heard.

  5. #825
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    There was no threat real or otherwise, the words taken out of context could be considered a threat but that doesn't take away from the fact that what he actually said wasn't an actual threat aimed at anyone or anything as it wasn't intended to threaten anyone, it was sarcasm. If he'd posted it to some newspaper without making it clear that he was joking, or some kind of authority that would be a threat.

    A good quote for this type of situation:

    "If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him."
    Could you do me a favor at tell me what the context was? I mean - the FULL context?

    Because, right now, all we HAVE is a quote taken out of context with "LOL/JK" after it. What was the context for calling him insane in the first place?
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  6. #826
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    The 5 months he already spent in jail, loss of reputation and job, beatings he received while in jail, depression he went through while in jail (placed on suicide watch, put in a cell with nothing in it, completely naked and under 24/7 camera surveillance) and the stress of having to fight to not go to prison for 8 years isn't punishment enough?

    I don't know. I believe in fairness and justice above all. When a kid goes through hell for a sarcastic joke comment taken completely out of context, I struggle to believe that justice prevailed. While he's possibly facing 8 years in prison, rapists, child molesters, burglars, drug dealers and violent alcoholics get placed in retained jurisdiction programs and roam the streets again after 3-9 months of classes.
    At this point, all of this is basically information from the father, nothing as of yet other than him either confirms or denies this. Thus still complete speculation

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    There was no threat real or otherwise, the words taken out of context could be considered a threat but that doesn't take away from the fact that what he actually said wasn't an actual threat aimed at anyone or anything as it wasn't intended to threaten anyone, it was sarcasm. If he'd posted it to some newspaper without making it clear that he was joking, or some kind of authority that would be a threat.

    A good quote for this type of situation:

    "If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him."
    He did specifically state he was going to blow up a kindergarten. He didn't say school, or building, he said kindergarten, and likely there are only 1 or 2 in his area, thus it could easily be assumed that there would only be a couple of targets. He went specific enough that it caused suspicion to warrant someone calling it in, and having the police investigate.

    And remember, the police just didn't go the next day and arrest him, as the blogger seems to imply or assume, it took them a month. Enough time for some investigation to be done.

    Add that the blogger really doesn't add anything new to the case, just the same drivel that's been posted ad nauseum for months.

    In any case, this case should have gone to court in the last couple of days, and is the main reason for my reply, and wondering if anyone has any info. The only thing I can find is that he was released on bond by a "good samaritan" but no details on what is actually happening in the case.

  7. #827
    Land of the free where you get arrested for talking crap on facebook.

    Was there a crime commited ? Nope.
    Were there serious reasons to believe the teenager had the tools and opportunity to do the deed ? Nope.

    This shouldn't even be a case.
    Last edited by Noggis; 2013-07-21 at 08:21 PM.

  8. #828
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    I wouldn't really call him a good Samaritan. The kid made a threat. Whether it was real or not doesn't matter. He deserves some kind of punishment.
    I hope you find yourself similarly treated for a sarcastic comment at some point, even if it's not as serious a situation as this. People like you deserve no better than what you wish for and cheer for when it's applied to others.

  9. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Land of the free where you get arrested for talking crap on facebook.

    Was there a crime commited ? Nope.
    Were there serious reasons to believe the teenager had the tools and opportunity to do the deed ? Nope.

    This shouldn't even be a case.
    No, not a crime commieted, but a threat of a crime, specifically stating you are going to blow up a kindergarten. Yeah, that's a threat. And last I checked, it's probably better to catch someone before they blow up a kindergarten then after they do.

    As to the second point, no one really knows at this point. The police aren't talking, and all the info we have is from his lawyer and his father. Thus, information that can't even remotely be considered accurate.

  10. #830
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    No, not a crime commieted, but a threat of a crime, specifically stating you are going to blow up a kindergarten. Yeah, that's a threat. And last I checked, it's probably better to catch someone before they blow up a kindergarten then after they do.
    Oh please, enough with the bullshit posturing, not even the most witless of liars with an opinion on this matter actually thinks he was going to blow up a kindergarten.

  11. #831
    I am Murloc! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,971
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    I wouldn't really call him a good Samaritan. The kid made a threat. Whether it was real or not doesn't matter. He deserves some kind of punishment.
    You deserve some kind of punishment for being as inhumane as the state of Texas.

  12. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    No, not a crime commieted, but a threat of a crime, specifically stating you are going to blow up a kindergarten. Yeah, that's a threat. And last I checked, it's probably better to catch someone before they blow up a kindergarten then after they do.

    As to the second point, no one really knows at this point. The police aren't talking, and all the info we have is from his lawyer and his father. Thus, information that can't even remotely be considered accurate.
    Right, so if I say "If that guy doesn't pay me back, I'm gonna kill him" on Facebook, I should expect a visit from the popo.

    Wow, seriously, somehow I'm glad I have more freedom in a shitty country in Eastern Europe than in the USA. Talking shit on FB is still legal over here.
    Last edited by Noggis; 2013-07-21 at 08:34 PM.

  13. #833
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Oh please, enough with the bullshit posturing, not even the most witless of liars with an opinion on this matter actually thinks he was going to blow up a kindergarten.
    TBH, I've reserved complete judgement on this until i hear the actual. No bs posturing. Sorry to disappoint you. Some of us actually want to know the actual info then to rush to judgement based on hearsay evidence from pa and the lawyer.

    And as I've said before, if you would have read, the police did wait a month before arresting him, thus there is plenty of time to do an investigation to find out if there was evidence. Thus, and again, I'll reserve my opinion til there is more reliable info.

    Thus, and also again, the main reason I did post, if you would have bothered to read, was to find out if there was more info the the trial which was due to start about 4 or 5 days ago, if not mistaken.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Right, so if I say "If that guy doesn't pay me back, I'm gonna kill him" on Facebook, I should expect a visit from the popo.
    If someone wants to report it, it could happen, especially if they look into you, and you know, you bought a gun a few days ago, he owes you a lot of money etc... That's why police do investigations. And as thus, it might take them a few days, week, month, to look into it, but if probable cause or enough questions are raised, then yeah.

  14. #834
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    If someone wants to report it, it could happen, especially if they look into you, and you know, you bought a gun a few days ago, he owes you a lot of money etc... That's why police do investigations. And as thus, it might take them a few days, week, month, to look into it, but if probable cause or enough questions are raised, then yeah.
    That I would understand but the teenager in question had no such strong evidence that he could be up to no good. He just posted some shit. How is that illegal ?

  15. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    That I would understand but the teenager in question had no such strong evidence that he could be up to no good. He just posted some shit. How is that illegal ?
    cause that's the part we don't know. He's 18, he's an adult. and if not mistaken, means he's old enough to buy a gun. Maybe there is something behind the scenes that we don't know. Remember a $500,000 bail isn't cheap or necessary if there are just words. And the fact that the police just didn't arrest him the day after, but after a month, which leads me to belief an investigation was done.

    That's my point. Everyone is just assuming it's all words, but I'm not completely convinced of that.

    Granted, I'll be the first one to jump on the anti-Texas beatdown if all this is, is a stupid kid making a stupid statement, but until the trial, until the evidence is presented, I'll withhold judgement.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2013-07-22 at 12:04 AM.

  16. #836
    Stood in the Fire Fernling306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    490
    It's just silly to be looking at 8 years for something like this. If they found his threat to be real, I could see it being necessary though. Guns/plans in his bedroom etc.

  17. #837
    Someone being a jackass faces actual consequences?

    All that was missing was him posting the 'why don't you say that to my face instead of the internet' image macro, followed by the 'ohshi-' as he's hauled off to the pokey.

    ...

    Actually, even my schadenfreude meter blows up at this one. Sure, he was being an enormous dickbag, but this is overkill beyond even my wildest imagining. I'd have been happy if they showed up and caused him to brown his shorts, but actual jail time? And on top of all the shyte he's been through since?

    Something tells me he won't make THAT mistake ever again.

  18. #838
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lake Zurich
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    America is soo afraid.. A child (17) was stabbed in the neck by a boyfriend and the boyfriend has to go in jail for 3 years. It happend about 100 meters from where i live, about a week ago. He murdered someone, and this kid got 8 years for that? Something is wrong.

    Don't look now but it was a woman in CANADA that saw fit to cal in a terrorist threat. The timing so soon after Sandy Hook probably plays into it. I think the whole thing is overblown and very much an overreaction by authorities but at the same time, they are your covering their asses. Had the kid done something, they would have been the ones blamed for not taking action.

  19. #839
    Murderers going free, Bombers on the cover of time Magazine and printed guns that can be made at home but the law doesn't care.

    But you fowl mouth someone on facebook your ass is grass

  20. #840
    Brewmaster Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,459
    Stupid comment? Yes.
    Deserved to be jailed? No.

    This reminds me of when I was in 3rd grade and me and a friend were arguing. It eventually come down to him asking, "What are you gonna do? Kill me?". In which I jokingly said "Yes". I was then suspended for 3 weeks because the teacher overheard me.

    AMURICA

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •