Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    But, he also has easily accessible upgrades to bring his ilvl up closer to on par with what is needed to be useful to guilds that are still progressing - it just takes gold and a few weeks of running dailies, valor capping, etc. If you expect to get into a guild based on past raiding experience but are not willing to put the work in to get accessible upgrades before applying, you are essentially saying "I think I am too good to put the effort in, please let me skip that and throw loot at me". On top of that, he is just coming back from an extended break. If I am a guild considering accepting him, I would wonder if he is going to go on another extended break, especially because he isn't willing to put the basic investment of time and catch up in before we start throwing loot at him.

    People should not complain about guilds balking at accepting them when they are not willing to put in the time and do the basics to progress their own characters before applying. It comes across as being lazy and entitled.
    How do u know he hasnt done all of this?

    Ru psychic?

    He said the ONLY reason he has been declined is his ilvl... so your point on the effort is totally irrelvant. Im sure if thats what he had been told then he wouldnt make the post in the first place.
    Last edited by Endemonadia; 2013-06-29 at 03:24 PM.

  2. #142
    We're progressing in our guild, so we would be very reluctant bringing someone with 505 in even though you're a great player. Unfortunately, we can't afford to take in a player on a test run since we're an unstable 10man guild, so there's one reason as to why you're not getting a guild.

    We've got 12/12 and we're about to start on heroics, so we really want people geared for it in our group.


    HOWEVER, if you posted logs, there would be a very significant increase in getting in since we have very competent people that are able to see if you know your class properly. If it turns out that you're actually a very good player, then it most certainly would be possible for us to accept you into the raid group and gear you up. (As long as our 1+1=3 raid leader would listen to me)

  3. #143
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,137
    My guild hit 13/13hc 25m this week, we're atm taking in anyone with raiding history regardless of ilvl. We're looking at maybe 1-2 months left of this tier and a lot of ptr testing to be done.

    Here's some tips about applying to guilds if you're behind on gear.
    1. Don't apply to guilds mid progress with shit gear, guilds will almost never take in players that can't jump into progress immidiately.
    2. If your gear is bad then get into a normal mode guild, you can't go from LFR to heroic raiding if you don't know the right people.
    3. Raiding history matters A LOT when you apply to guilds but if you can't help out during progress it doesn't mean shit, let's say you were in method for 4 years then stopped for 2years. If you were in LFR gear you'd still have to be fucking lucky for people to take you if they're mid progress.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  4. #144
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, that other, other free place (you know, the one that's more free then you pretend to be)
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    You get 1k valor a week, the main pieces are 2250, that's nearly 3 weeks for one piece and that's for capping 1k valor which is already very time consuming, plus you can't pick Shado Pan Assault with the extra rep at the end of scenarios and dungeons. It takes around 8 weeks I think to get to exalted.
    While I agree with MOST of what you've said, capping valor is NOT time consuming.
    Considering I can cap one toon in the first day of reset by doing a few h scenes and lfr...
    It WAS time consuming, but now it is NOT. I manage to cap at least 3 toons, run lfr on them, and still work a fulltime job and spend much of my time with the family.
    Challenge modes are the best for points I suppose, but h scenes are not far behind.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

  5. #145
    IMO getting into raiding guilds is difficult because the amount of casual guilds has plummeted, the ones remaining "think" they are good so develop "ilevel standards"

    Its kinda funny...

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    You should apply for a normal guild.
    I can easily understand why hardmode guilds are reluctant to accept a person who comes straight from LFR, unless said person has some kind of proof that he's a good player.
    He does... hes an experienced raider. He says that in his post.

  7. #147
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    He does... hes an experienced raider. He says that in his post.
    Doesn't matter if you're an experienced player or not if your gear is absolute dog shit and you can't help with progress untill you've been geared up (which means taking gear from other people already in the guild)
    If he applied to a guild done with progress or don't care about progress (like normal mode guilds) then he could be taken as a gearing project... trying to get into a heroic progression guild when you're 30 ilvls behind is NOT the way to fucking go, whenever I look at applies I look at their gear first to see if they're a gearing project or not. If we're in mid progress I would NOT take them but tell them to apply again when progress is done or join as social for the time being. During progress loot is a tool we need on players already in the progress group, giving those loot pieces to someone who can't be on progress is just stupid.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I know the answer to that question: It's because a lot, if not most, people don't care about difficult content that requires more attention and effort for obviously better rewards. They are content with retard-proof mechanics that are doable in 30 minutes. This has little to do with "I work 3 jobs and 2 shifts" as there aren't that many people who genuinely don't have the time for it. This has everything to do people content with scraps.

    As I said before, pre-LFR these people who are content with scraps had to join real raiding guilds, there was no other way to get geared in pve, and their presence there benefited all, as people found raiding guilds much easier with such a large selection to choose from and there were always new guilds starting out and in need on people.
    You are sooooo far off the mark.

    Wednesday morning I can login run LFR and I'm happy, if I have plans for Wednesday then no problem, I'll do it Thursday. If I was in a raiding guild I am TOLD when I have to raid, and this is usually 3-4 nights a week. There is a HUUUGGGGEEE difference. With Flexi raiding I'm hoping it's a challenge, the only reason LFR is slightly retard proof (can't stop people falling down on Elegon, etc) is because it's 25 random players with no coordination, not everybody wants easy content it's just that it has to be.

    Also prior to LFR, I didn't raid at all during Cataclysm (until DS) and filled my game time with running 5 mans and heroics, levelling alts etc. With LFR it gives me so much more to do as a casual player, and that ladies and gentleman is the reason why we have LFR and as the devs have said it justifies spending more time on developing better raids.

    Please don't make baseless assumptions, makes you look like an ass.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I know the answer to that question: It's because a lot, if not most, people don't care about difficult content that requires more attention and effort for obviously better rewards. They are content with retard-proof mechanics that are doable in 30 minutes. This has little to do with "I work 3 jobs and 2 shifts" as there aren't that many people who genuinely don't have the time for it. This has everything to do people content with scraps.

    As I said before, pre-LFR these people who are content with scraps had to join real raiding guilds, there was no other way to get geared in pve, and their presence there benefited all, as people found raiding guilds much easier with such a large selection to choose from and there were always new guilds starting out and in need on people.

    Today you got a few raiding guilds on every server and they are likely full and don't need more players, and if they do need, they ask for a high ilevel. An average LFR hero doesn't stand a chance at getting in even if he wanted to and is forced to spam some more LFR instead.
    And you /want/ these people in Raid Guilds?

    You say in one fart that you want to get rid of LFR so people are forced to join raid guilds to see the content and in another fart say that most dont care about showing effort, and yet you don't want badz in your raid guild. *PROBLEM*

    What you really want is for someone to lick your boots when they see you in your primo gear strutting around the mailbox and you want to hold the content captive which works out nicely since you have access to the content. If you had a situation come up in RL where you could not fulfill your guild duties you would be singing a different tune, but its all about you not anyone else.

    And if you can't tell the difference between shoddy LFR gear and Normal/hard mode gear then you can't be helped with logic and reason.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 04:42 PM ----------

    If you read my Thread on 'Why would you choose LFR over a Raid Guild" you will find that the majority (75%?)say they just don't have time. Raid guilds don't want people who don't have time, these people are not even on the menu.

    30%? say they had issues with raid guild drama and don't ever want to be in a Raid Guild again. That one is on the Raid community, not LFR. You may want these people but they don't want you.

    A few here or there stated it was the applications, to which I say I joined a casual guild that fit my schedule and expected an application but didn't have to do one, which was fine for me. So go find a guild that fits your requirements if this is your problem rather than trying to fit a guilds requirements. I am not applying to your guild, your guild is applying to my time and effort.

    *yes the %'s dont add up, its because some people gave both answers, drama and time.

    Its not about being lazy, the majority just dont have the time or want to be in a raid guild due to drama.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-06-29 at 04:45 PM.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    You write a kickass application, thats how you get in to a guild, make them want you.
    Writing up applications is for jobs. If you are turning WoW into a job... i feel sorry for you.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Doesn't matter if you're an experienced player or not if your gear is absolute dog shit and you can't help with progress untill you've been geared up (which means taking gear from other people already in the guild)
    Therefore u have answered the OPs question... experience doesnt mean anything anymore in Wow.

    So, according to u, the guilds who refused him on his ilvl r correct.

  12. #152
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Reading lots of Mangas.
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Writing up applications is for jobs. If you are turning WoW into a job... i feel sorry for you.
    And I thought I was the only one who thought this haha, thank god some people have common sense. It's a game, it is there for fun and not to intimidate or scare people away with such things. I believe many are simply scared of refusal or simply not beeing able to write things up decently and thats why people stay away from joining guilds, it is simple as that. I would understand applications for those top guilds where people get paid to play but for these normal/ 2/13 heroic guilds it's just bull.
    In tbc I remember joining one of the top guilds simply by talking with an officer through recruitment in tradechat. I was invited to the first raid night as trial in tempest keep however I really sucked horribly and after the raid night I was given the option to leave or stay as social member. But regarless the fact that I sucked the guild accepted trial members and gave them the option to prove themselves without any requirements except some heroic dungeon gear. This is what is missing these days.
    Last edited by Of-the-horde; 2013-06-29 at 05:17 PM.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Writing up applications is for jobs. If you are turning WoW into a job... i feel sorry for you.
    Find guilds that don't have applications then?

  14. #154
    Lets kick down this BS escuse that people will join Raid guilds if you get rid of LFR.

    Most people just do not have the time to raid. These people will not be welcome in a raid guild.

    Some people don't want to deal with Raid Guild drama, these people do not want to be in your guild.

    Some people don't want to fill out applications, which means that the won't be in your guild.

    People like to say that LFR people are just looking for the easiest route to fat loot (its shitty versions of fat loot), you want these 'only do the bare minimum' guys in your raid guild?

    The truth of the matter is you want the content to be exclusive so you are not going to be all inclusive with membership into your raid guild. The people in LFR will not be joining Raid Guilds if you remove LFR.

    Now riddle me this, would you prefer to get rid of LFR entirely but only get 10 boss raid content every 12 months? If you get rid of LFR, which requires extremely little resources, then Blizz has to make more content for 90% of the player base and that means less resources spent on Raid content. To think that you will get fast quality raid content without an LFR is not funny math, its stupid math. Resources will be spent elsewhere to keep the 90% subscribed because 10% does not pay the bills to pay for more raid content.

    If you like raiding you will just have to deal with LFR existing.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Guilds complain that they are falling apart, and this is the reason. No guilds are willing to "take a chance" anymore, which is sad. Back in Wrath I applied for a guild and got in on a TRIAL basis (the meaning of the word trial is lost these days), ended up being their best player and stuck with them despite being poached by better guilds.

    Hopefully Flex raiding won't go down the path of "LFM Siege Flex 550ilvl+" and instead will be people willing to take along those of us that are great, but simply have no way of proving it (without having to do logs).

    I feel ya OP, I don;t raid anymore out of choice but if I was to start up again I can totally see how hard it is.
    Why would you want to take a chance on someone that is unwilling to put in the basic effort to avail themselves of upgrades available to them without even joining a normal raid? If a player won't put that effort in, why would anyone think they are willing to stick it out for the long haul and put the effort in to being a reliable raider? It isn't the same as Vanilla/TBC when the catch up methods didn't really exist; back then - maybe they would take a chance on a player that turns out to be an asset. Now, you can already tell with near 90% certainty whether someone is worth your time or not based on the effort they put into their character given the availability of so many gear sources outside of raids.

  16. #156
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Writing up applications is for jobs. If you are turning WoW into a job... i feel sorry for you.
    If you want to find a decent guild yeah of course how do you think most top tier players get in guilds? They WRITE AN APPLICATION with that being said if you don't like the fucking application process find a guild that doesn't have one

  17. #157
    Warchief sizzlinsauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bellforest, Tower state
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinthalasKT View Post
    Good point, I didn't think of that. I'll post logs, and hopefully they won't use an excuse like "lol those are LFR logs and are useless to us."
    any worthwhile guild won't say that. We ask our apps to put in WOL logs even if it's LFR. we watch for uptimes cooldown usage, fire avoidance, and how well that you played for your current gear level.

  18. #158
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Lets kick down this BS escuse that people will join Raid guilds if you get rid of LFR.

    Most people just do not have the time to raid. These people will not be welcome in a raid guild.

    Some people don't want to deal with Raid Guild drama, these people do not want to be in your guild.

    Some people don't want to fill out applications, which means that the won't be in your guild.

    People like to say that LFR people are just looking for the easiest route to fat loot (its shitty versions of fat loot), you want these 'only do the bare minimum' guys in your raid guild?

    The truth of the matter is you want the content to be exclusive so you are not going to be all inclusive with membership into your raid guild. The people in LFR will not be joining Raid Guilds if you remove LFR.

    Now riddle me this, would you prefer to get rid of LFR entirely but only get 10 boss raid content every 12 months? If you get rid of LFR, which requires extremely little resources, then Blizz has to make more content for 90% of the player base and that means less resources spent on Raid content. To think that you will get fast quality raid content without an LFR is not funny math, its stupid math. Resources will be spent elsewhere to keep the 90% subscribed because 10% does not pay the bills to pay for more raid content.

    If you like raiding you will just have to deal with LFR existing.
    Optimistically speaking, if you got rid of LFR, maybe less than 5% of the LFR folks will drift to normals or flex. The other 95% will either level alts or quit. Like it has been for a few years prior :x

  19. #159
    If you don't want to do an application then look for a guild that does not require them. I am in a guild that doesn't do applications. Mind you the trade off is that those who screen for higher quality players will progress further than those who o not. If your end goal is to clear all the content then you need a higher caliber guild. If your goal is to just have fun and down a couple of bosses then you don't need a higher caliber guild.

    Don't apply to a guild, when looking for a guild look around for a guild that fits your play style. Ask when they raid, ask about requirements. Ask if they are casual or progressive. Ask their progression record. They should have to sell themselves to you before you apply to them.

  20. #160
    Why do already established guild groups only accept high-ilvl people? Simply because either you will boost them ( to a certain degree ) or they will have a reliable peon who no longer needs gear that much but is willing to help the existing raiders get the gear. That's simply how it is, in the majority of the cases....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •