Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    While it's definitely not the Mage's problem and I'll agree with that, you don't have to be so rude about it.

We're here on the forums to discuss and help, not be condescending and trollish. Not everyone can be as "uberleet" as you, Dusteyy.
    I am in no way "uberleet" and you and I both know that. Here is my mindset on this one: Is it more benefit to tell him that increased frost mage dps will NOT get him the boost he needs to get the kill or would it be better to just say "Here are 5 things your frost mages can do to do more damage" when we know full well that that will not help them get the kill. Should we not be suggesting things that will help them get the kill as a raid? I don't know, that was my though process. Not trying to troll or be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    The thing is he is not as uberleet as he thinks. My guild is very chill and we play to have fun but were are more progressed than Dusteyy is. Even players that are 13/13 dont show their ass like this. I looked at his logs, not impressed, many Frost Mages pull better numbers then he does.

The guy asks for help and all he does is Rage on how bad this guy and his guild is. WTF.

Dusteyy needs to CTFD.
    Oh people in my range of heroics (low-mid tier, as I have 4/13 as well) tend to be the most elitist while the people in the upper/top tier are generally nice people.

He definitely needs to take a chill pill.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dusteyy View Post
    I am in no way "uberleet" and you and I both know that. Here is my mindset on this one: Is it more benefit to tell him that increased frost mage dps will NOT get him the boost he needs to get the kill or would it be better to just say "Here are 5 things your frost mages can do to do more damage" when we know full well that that will not help them get the kill. Should we not be suggesting things that will help them get the kill as a raid? I don't know, that was my though process. Not trying to troll or be rude.
    Which is why I gave him a STRAT, that ALL OF HIS PLAYERS can do (the stack up everyone method) to increase DPS output from EVERYONE, and not just the Mages.

I mean, you could use your noggin and think "well if it's not a Mage issue, it must be a raid issue" and help give them tips from that perspective, as I did on my first post, rather than insult, troll, and overall be a dick to someone asking for help, as you just did.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Damurd View Post
    multidotting on magera is not negligible at best, its padding and a relevent dps loss. There is NO cleaving, the mobs regen all their hp when after coming you have killed one. some classes do it to increase their dps on the primary target.. mages dont, so by doing any sort of multidotting there, you are effectivly wasting time you could be putting more single target damage into the focused head.
    This is right, you don't even get more procs from multidotting since they only come from the most recent application of NT/LB. You want to completely ignore the off-head unless you're going for rankings.

Deleted
    Is that why warlocks are top on that fight in pretty much every instance? They definitely are not multidotting, just single target...... -_-

I am just kidding Obviously its a dps loss to multidot as a mage. I was simply stating that we are not a multidotting class and that fight proves it!
    they are using havok i think it is to direct some of their spells against the other head which increases their ember generation or whatever. (not played a lock in a while either).. the damage is high because chaos bolt hits like a truck on steroids on 2 targets.. below 30%hp on the main target it just gets uglier.

but thats fine.. the lock in our alt group can have that fight.. il take him to town on tortos with some amazing combustions on the turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    The thing is he is not as uberleet as he thinks. My guild is very chill and we play to have fun but were are more progressed than Dusteyy is. Even players that are 13/13 dont show their ass like this. I looked at his logs, not impressed, many Frost Mages pull better numbers then he does.

The guy asks for help and all he does is Rage on how bad this guy and his guild is. WTF.

Dusteyy needs to CTFD.
    You guys are reading something into my posts that I am not. How am I raging? Maybe you want me to be raging, but I am not. I am cool as a cucumber. I have never said I am amazing, awesome, uberleet, better, bigger, larger, smarter, or any of the above than anyone else. I try to be as humble and learn as much as I can here. I want to be better at my mage and I try every time I raid to do something to better my numbers. How am I raging?

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:02 PM ----------

Oxymoron much?

Also, if you expected the absolute best, shouldn't you be higher than 5/13? (Not an insult, just an observation )
    I hate that this has to be an oxymoron. Why is absolute best and casual raiding an oxymoron? (honest question)

I try to be as humble and learn as much as I can here. I want to be better at my mage and I try every time I raid to do something to better my numbers. How am I raging?
    Then why are you on the forum trying to get tips on how to do more damage if it is just for fun? Why does it matter? Just get drunk, stay in your shitty gear, and keep not giving a fuck.

User was infracted for this post.
    You were humble alright...

I mean, I'm not trying to bring up an infraction, but you're just spouting bullshit now.

As much as it might pain you, you need to sugarcoat it a bit. You can't be all "WELL YOU JUST SUCK CUZ YOU CAN'T DO COUNCIL THIS LATE IN!", you need to help them overcome their challenge. Something that's easy to you and I doesn't mean it's easy for everyone.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Oh boy, bringin out the big insults now eh? Listen little Polar, and listen well. Frozen Orb on Council as frost is an absolutely essential part of frost's dps on Council for many reasons. The overall damage of it (hits like a truck as is), the procs you receive for spamming IL for essentially the entire duration, slows all targets affected (meh, doesn't really have a damage impact, but I figured I would include it).

As you can see Frozen Orb is HUGE for frost on this fight. "RNG, Crit, and Combustion" are nowhere near the liability you make them out to be. Maybe you just suck at playing fire? Not an insult, just an observation.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 12:27 PM ----------

Meh, see my post before (might have been a different thread). I changed from arcane to fire at 515. They should be fire.

Then again, if you are legitimately PROGRESSING on Normal Council this far into a tier, you clearly don't give a crap about being the best you can be or min/maxing. At this point, I suppose you are playing for "fun" and not "damage" (still hate that mindset). At that point, do whatever the fuck you want. It doesn't matter.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 12:28 PM ----------

Interesting. Never heard that before (or never took the time to test it out for sure myself I suppose).
    Guys dont worry this guy is 5/13 hc he clearly is the best mage EU/NA. I didnt feel the need to insult you until you were insulting others, and then admitted you didnt know Living Bomb has a target cap... pretty sure thats been in place now for almost a year?
    Anyway, enjoy your day and good luck on Ji Kun progress / whatever boss you are stuck on.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Oh people in my range of heroics (low-mid tier, as I have 4/13 as well) tend to be the most elitist while the people in the upper/top tier are generally nice people.

He definitely needs to take a chill pill.
    I still have no idea what I have done to be elitist. I hate that that is how I am coming across (stupid internet inflections).

Quote Originally Posted by Polar
    Which is why I gave him a STRAT, that ALL OF HIS PLAYERS can do (the stack up everyone method) to increase DPS output from EVERYONE, and not just the Mages.

I mean, you could use your noggin and think "well if it's not a Mage issue, it must be a raid issue" and help give them tips from that perspective, as I did on my first post, rather than insult, troll, and overall be a dick to someone asking for help, as you just did.
    Makes sense. I love debating and controversy. I feel like when people debate and discuss things both parties can come out with a higher knowledge of the situation than when they go in. Please don't take it as trolling or being a dick. I am just trying to prick people's brains. You are right and I definitely could have suggested some raid-wide strats that could help him better. Dropped the ball on that one for sure. My original premis still stands however, in that simple mage tactics will most likely not have the impact he wants or expects them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Guys dont worry this guy is 5/13 hc he clearly is the best mage EU/NA. I didnt feel the need to insult you until you were insulting others, and then admitted you didnt know Living Bomb has a target cap... pretty sure thats been in place now for almost a year?
    Anyway, enjoy your day and good luck on Ji Kun progress / whatever boss you are stuck on.
    Trolling the troll doesn't help anyone.

I still have no idea what I have done to be elitist. I hate that that is how I am coming across (stupid internet inflections).

Makes sense. I love debating and controversy. I feel like when people debate and discuss things both parties can come out with a higher knowledge of the situation than when they go in. Please don't take it as trolling or being a dick. I am just trying to prick people's brains. You are right and I definitely could have suggested some raid-wide strats that could help him better. Dropped the ball on that one for sure. My original premis still stands however, in that simple mage tactics will most likely not have the impact he wants or expects them to.
    Ffs, do you want me to link for the second time where you told people to enjoy being drunk and sucking? Scroll up about 4 posts from this one.

You were humble alright...

I mean, I'm not trying to bring up an infraction, but you're just spouting bullshit now.

As much as it might pain you, you need to sugarcoat it a bit. You can't be all "WELL YOU JUST SUCK CUZ YOU CAN'T DO COUNCIL THIS LATE IN!", you need to help them overcome their challenge. Something that's easy to you and I doesn't mean it's easy for everyone.
    That was in reaction to him attacking organized raiding as a whole. Got me pretty hot as I distain that mindset. I mean yes it is a game, and yes we absolutely have fun. But isn't it fun to kill things? (pretty sure even he said that at one point).

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    I still have no idea what I have done to earn the title of "best mage EU/NA". I have said, posted, referred to, linked, etc NOTHING to prove that (most of what you will find will prove the opposite).

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:11 PM ----------

Ffs, do you want me to link for the second time where you told people to enjoy being drunk and sucking? Scroll up about 4 posts from this one.
    Again, that was in response to his clear attack on organized raiding. To me, the true oxymoron is expecting to kill things while having a clear vendetta against any sort of raid organization. I was not being elitist at all. Simply stating that if he just wants to be drunk and hang with friends, I fail to see the need for tips on doing more damage. Fair enough?

That was in reaction to him attacking organized raiding as a whole. Got me pretty hot as I distain that mindset. I mean yes it is a game, and yes we absolutely have fun. But isn't it fun to kill things? (pretty sure even he said that at one point).
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    We raid on thursdays for 2 hours on a weekly basis. Its a group of IRL friends and its essentially a guys night out but on warcraft. We pour our alcoholic beverages and enjoy the night. Its far more fun then listening to 23 other ass hats and one really big douche bag telling me exactly what to do and then getting absurdly mad over a video game.
    That's not really attacking organized raiding as a whole, I feel like he was specifically talking about you, but didn't notice that you're a 10m guild.

But if you get your panties in a knot over THAT, you need to develop some thicker skin, especially as a guild master of a Heroic raiding guild.

Edit: I guess what I should say is that humble people don't backlash someone like that, even if they insult you.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-06-28 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    id just stop posting dustyyy, your gonna need a pretty big shoval to dig yourself out.

id just stop posting dustyyy, your gonna need a pretty big shoval to dig yourself out.
    He's already dug the hole; what's the shovel for?

Unless this is like minecraft rules (in which case his hands would suffice pretty well).

Anyways, this thread is derailing pretty bad here. We've given him tips and I plan to privately help the OP and his Mages/guild overcome this fight. No need to get angry and troll it anymore, guys.

That's not really attacking organized raiding as a whole, I feel like he was specifically talking about you, but didn't notice that you're a 10m guild.

But if you get your panties in a knot over THAT, you need to develop some thicker skin, especially as a guild master of a Heroic raiding guild.
    It just kinda confused me as he wants to kill things, but he hates organized raiding or raid leaders. Is that not an oxymoron to you? Yes it was a hot response, yes possibly over the edge, but do you not see the oxymoron I do?

Why is absolute best and casual raiding an oxymoron? (honest question)
    Because you obviously aren't doing your absolute best if you are a casual. You are making the conscious choice to put other things before WoW. Don't get me wrong, I am not hardcore by any means either. Just pointing out the logic here. ABSOLUTE means you are doing everything possible. This includes working your way into a guild that is capable of clearing the most difficult content and spending the requisite amount of time to accomplish this goal.

Your ABSOLUTE best may not be good enough for a top 100 guild(true for most of us) but it is still at odds with "casual" raiding.

Lol, "shoval". Nice.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Because you obviously aren't doing your absolute best if you are a casual. You are making the conscious choice to put other things before WoW. Don't get me wrong, I am not hardcore by any means either. Just pointing out the logic here. ABSOLUTE means you are doing everything possible. This includes working your way into a guild that is capable of clearing the most difficult content and spending the requisite amount of time to accomplish this goal.

Your ABSOLUTE best may not be good enough for a top 100 guild(true for most of us) but it is still at odds with "casual" raiding.
    AH, good point! Now how about this one. Can you not do your absolute best while within the confines of your "casual" raiding schedule? What about that?

It just kinda confused me as he wants to kill things, but he hates organized raiding or raid leaders. Is that not an oxymoron to you? Yes it was a hot response, yes possibly over the edge, but do you not see the oxymoron I do?
    You said you were humble, then attacked him (and his guild) ruthlessly. Humble people don't do that, even if they lightly insult you.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post

Pretty much.

I expect the most out of my guild, too, and after months of being in a guild that had to carry players to get 4/13, I've finally quit. (Trialing with a 12/13 tonight, actually )

Regardless, if you're gonna say you're casual then attack other casuals not doing it in your same way... That's just pretty funny.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:18 PM ----------

Lol, "shoval". Nice.
    Mmm, there's that trolling/non-humble side of you again.

AH, good point! Now how about this one. Can you not do your absolute best while within the confines of your "casual" raiding schedule? What about that?
    I've raided for 8-9 hours a week for the past few months and I've gotten quite a few ranks, and definitely pulled above average DPS. Just because my guild didn't doesn't mean that I couldn't.

Hell, I know guilds out there that only raid 12 hours/week and they have 12-13/13 at this point.

You said you were humble, then attacked him (and his guild) ruthlessly. Humble people don't do that, even if they lightly insult you.
    Ruthlessly? Really? You believed my responses to be ruthless?

Pretty much.

I expect the most out of my guild, too, and after months of being in a guild that had to carry players to get 4/13, I've finally quit. (Trialing with a 12/13 tonight, actually )

Regardless, if you're gonna say you're casual then attack other casuals not doing it in your same way... That's just pretty funny.
    Again, I did not attack anyone. My only scathing comment was in response to his attack on organized raiding (and or me, but regardless, the point stands).

Mmm, there's that trolling/non-humble side of you again.
    Please read the quote I was responding to. Simply responding to a troll with a troll.

I've raided for 8-9 hours a week for the past few months and I've gotten quite a few ranks, and definitely pulled above average DPS. Just because my guild didn't doesn't mean that I couldn't.

Hell, I know guilds out there that only raid 12 hours/week and they have 12-13/13 at this point.
    Good! That is awesome and that is all I am striving for. Doing your absolute best in the casual environment that you are raiding in. I am simply attesting that I would not want "casual" to be an excuse to not do the best you can. Simple enough?

Lol, "shoval". Nice.
    You've already misspelled "disdain" at least twice. I hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    You've already misspelled "disdain" at least twice. I hate you.
    Your post was trollish so I was simply responding with my own. You hate me? Really? My simple pointing out of a grammatical error in your post has caused you to hate me? Kind of impressive actually. However, I do feel "insulted" and fully expect you to be infracted just as I was for insulting another poster.......but we all know that won't happen.