Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Oh boy a solo scenario I've done enough hard shit within the game over my years what I'm saying is simple going afk in LFR for the shit you collect is what I meant as for the fucking challenges solo scenario thing wtfever your talking about? *Rolls eyes I'll crush it just like I've done within my past.
    Maybe you can pull that off in US LFR, I dunno, but in LFR's I've been in we kick silly AFKers pretty consistently. Not that they're hard to spot.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Maybe you can pull that off in US LFR, I dunno, but in LFR's I've been in we kick silly AFKers pretty consistently. Not that they're hard to spot.
    Shit in the US Tom god It's a nightmare I don't always go afk in that hellhole and I always see constant afk people sitting in stupid shit and dying on purpose and it doesn't matter because well once more there's no fucking penalty in fact even if 10 people go afk it doesn't fucking matter if people keep wiping they get that fucking wipe buff thing

Nothing matters.

Deleted
    LFR challenging now you're just being silly

TIME and EFFORT =/= LFR

In my experience when I was still subbed every fucking LFR I went had 5-8+ people AFK sitting there with there thumb up you know what while top tier people did the work for us. A lot of majority go afk and still get rewarded why?

Because there's no penalty.

Hell it can be reversed top tier people going afk while all the fucking poorly geared people do the job while the top tier people sit there watching youtube.

Great community.

While I don't agree with it being challenging, he/she is saying that people going AFK will increase the difficulty of the encounter in LFR, and if you, the player didn't put the effort in, it's unlikely the boss would go down. I assume by admitting that you go AFK you're well aware that you're being carried and your lack of input won't make that much of a difference, or for whatever reason you see yourself as superior and that it's your right to go AFK. Ie: The kind of person that usually makes LFR a miserable experience.

Another way to look at things, who puts in more effort:

Player A) Queues for LFR weekly, clearing all bosses. Stays in the group through the wipes, does the odd bit of tactic explaining. Doesn't go AFK for bosses.
    Player B) Part of 10/25m guild, logs on once a week to clear bosses in farm mode. Player wasn't necessarily there for all the progress runs. Raid ends, player logs off.

Maybe most will disagree with me, I don't know. But just because you're doing LFR and not part of a raiding guild it doesn't mean you're not putting in effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Stop being so damn lazy.
    Lazy for not playing a video game. Does not compute.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the valor cap was still 6,000 - I would agree - however, 3k valor is absurdly easy to get.

I'd be more worried about getting enough Secrets of the Empire than I would the Valor.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

good, not everyone should have it. even though 75% of the population will.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

If they're giving away a legendary, and can't put it behind difficult content, then the only choice is to require a time investment. It may seem like a lot if you're behind, but to the people who have been doing it all along, it's more waiting for the next stage than anything else. I play maybe 8 hours per week and I've had my cloak for a while now.

They really can't make this thing any easier to get, but people will always find something to complain about.

I started playing my alt about 6 weeks back and he should have metagem in the next 2-3 weeks. It's really easy to race up to Secrets now. May actually catch my main up Iv'e had such terrible luck on the runestone bit.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy a solo scenario I've done enough hard shit within the game over my years what I'm saying is simple going afk in LFR for the shit you collect is what I meant as for the fucking challenges solo scenario thing wtfever your talking about? *Rolls eyes I'll crush it just like I've done within my past.

Cocky but I have my reasons kinda of a side effect top tier raiding for so long

Kekekkeekkee

You did some heroic modes in Cata. Get over yourself you aren't that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    LFR is exactly the same no matter what country you play it in. The fact that your experience is "different" than others on a forum is nothing.

Example;

I like cheese, all my friends like cheese as well.

Tom, across the street, likes crackers - as do his friends.

Everyone on my side of the street must like cheese and not crackers as well. It must be some genetic disorder on Tom's street that causes them to like crackers instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    I started playing my alt about 6 weeks back and he should have metagem in the next 2-3 weeks. It's really easy to race up to Secrets now. May actually catch my main up Iv'e had such terrible luck on the runestone bit.
    Well good thing about the rune stone thing is that you have a 100% every week now so It's not TOO bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I'm looking at a 30 minute wait for LFR on my DK and although I can pull 40 quest mobs at once when my better geared rogue can pull like 3, I don't see how the 3k (formerly 6k) valor obstacle and all the assorted RNG collection quests can be overcome before WoW hits version 6.

If you haven't been on top of this shit, you're not going to get it.
    The catch-up is honestly insane. Step 1 got potentially months of waiting for players who did it early reduced down to maybe 3 weeks. Step 2 got 6 weeks cut down to 3. Step 3 will be nerfed in 5.4 to the point where you just catch up. I do think this expansion has been hard on alts and initially hard on catch-up (and still kind of bad for fresh 90's), but the legendary is fine.

Also, it's a legendary. And you can get it in LFR and you can catch up. Even in catch-up/alt-happy Dragon Soul days, there were no catch-up mechanics at all and you couldn't do it in LFR. You had to beg and hope that the millions of FL/DS runs didn't already have a long waiting list of parts or you had to do your own runs. Being someone who basically earned their Dragonwrath through a combination of helping others in exchange for help and leading my own runs, it was absolute hell that I would not wish anyone through. You have it easy.

Now if you're impatient, then LFR alone will probably not be the fastest way given the queues. But... you don't really need the legendary on a fresh 90, unless you want to raid (where most raiding guilds will require you complete the steps). And if you raid even normals, you'll see a pretty fast legendary.

You want my opinion? Less grind and less RNG for the legendary, but make it drop from Heroic modes only. That way your heroic progression rate directly determines how fast your guild members will get legendaries. Great motivation for everyone to push hard!

Oh, don't like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't look my history of my rogue did you? You honestly didn't look it through my guild history. I don't wanna be cocky here I've done it enough but I promise you I've done more you in most cases within my entire years of raiding.

- All heroic content via Cataclysm
    - All heroic content via Woltk
    - Retired in BC so that doesn't count
    - All heroic content in vanillia
    - Retired in MoP

I shouldn't do this before people like you try to counter me and I'd look like a D head.

WoOOo
    I burst out laughing right there.

Anyways you want a cookie now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    The catch-up is honestly insane. Step 1 got potentially months of waiting for players who did it early reduced down to maybe 3 weeks. Step 2 got 6 weeks cut down to 3. Step 3 will be nerfed in 5.4 to the point where you just catch up. I do think this expansion has been hard on alts and initially hard on catch-up (and still kind of bad for fresh 90's), but the legendary is fine.

Also, it's a legendary. And you can get it in LFR and you can catch up. Even in catch-up/alt-happy Dragon Soul days, there were no catch-up mechanics at all and you couldn't do it in LFR. You had to beg and hope that the millions of FL/DS runs didn't already have a long waiting list of parts or you had to do your own runs. Being someone who basically earned their Dragonwrath through a combination of helping others in exchange for help and leading my own runs, it was absolute hell that I would not wish anyone through. You have it easy.

Now if you're impatient, then LFR alone will probably not be the fastest way given the queues. But... you don't really need the legendary on a fresh 90, unless you want to raid (where most raiding guilds will require you complete the steps). And if you raid even normals, you'll see a pretty fast legendary.

You want my opinion? Less grind and less RNG for the legendary, but make it drop from Heroic modes only. That way your heroic progression rate directly determines how fast your guild members will get legendaries. Great motivation for everyone to push hard!

Oh, don't like that?
    'My 10 man guild doesn't have the time to learn heroic fights, It's not fair that only the small majority of players doing heroic content get the legendary' :'(

imo, if you have done a stage on ur main, you should have an easier time catching up with alts.. likea valor of the ancients buff thingy..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cause I offended you with this type of response shit wasn't heroic in vanilia but fucking C'thun Naxx? That shit was heroic at the time and fucking awful. I have some pride here random mmo poster guy I kinda take it seriously I shouldn't despite I'm unsubbed but I like dealing people like you It's entertaining! I did change it though to make it more appealing to you

Tooodles.

Ooo I found your armory btw not very impressive *wink

Not hard considering I posted it the other day. Just wondering which one you looked at? I have 3 toons I have raided on. If you like I'll give you all the links.

Really get over yourself. The hardest thing about heroic raids is getting in a decent guild that can do them.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    So wait it's the easiest and most accessible legendary in the history of the game (assuming Warglaives/Derpbow didn't just drop for you and you happened to be the dude who got them) and everyone can get them for every spec and class...and there's lots of really awesome things besides it along the chain (like the meta). And you can get it all in LFR.

And it's suddenly not easy enough.

I'm sorry but it's very easy to get still. The catchup mechanics are already in place and it doesn't take more than a few months at most to get them all. A month to get all the sigils (assuming you get 2-3 of each per week, not an unreasonable assumption now and even less so next tier if they drop in ToT). 3 weeks to get the VP and 5-6 weeks to get all the Secrets (at a rate of 3-4 per week, not unreasonable). Then well yeah...the Runestones are very RNG. That one will take you probably 2 months to get done with (assuming you get your welfare one every week and an extra one every 2 weeks which seems pretty average). So what...that's a fresh 90 toon that's hitting ToT LFR tomorrow and you're looking at 5 months of grinding junk to get right up to the point everyone is now. It's a lot of work to do on an alt but hey...you're the one gearing your alt up and want a legendary. I don't see what the problem is. None of those things is individually hard or oppressively RNG except maybe the Runestones and they made that a little easier already.

TL;DR the legendary is easy and reliable to get, I can't imagine how you want it made any easier or reliable to get without just outright cutting the chain to pieces
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I'm looking at a 30 minute wait for LFR on my DK and although I can pull 40 quest mobs at once when my better geared rogue can pull like 3, I don't see how the 3k (formerly 6k) valor obstacle and all the assorted RNG collection quests can be overcome before WoW hits version 6.

If you haven't been on top of this shit, you're not going to get it.
    What does the fact that you can chain pull mobs on your dk have to do with you being allowed to catch up faster on the legendary quest?

And this is what spaces out those who get the Legendary and who don't.

People think everyone's on the same stage?

I know so many people still on the Quest of Valor and Sigil portions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I like the fact that there's even a legendary quest in this expansion. I'd like to see more aggressive steps by Blizzard to increase drops rates because rng does not a legendary quest make but I can why people want it to be difficult. It's just this game as gone beyond difficult is now for the masses. That includes legendaries. The rogue questline last expansion was more legendary but that's my opinion. Legendary drops were not epic either; it was rng...

All the complaints about afks in LFR make me laugh. How many of you did 40 man raids where there were afkers in MC and BWL? It's no different. The game has gotten better because you can hop into raids a lot faster than a guild community where you have no raid if people go on vacation, have rl issues, etc. Now you can raid at any time and for as long and as much as you want. Big improvement!

Anyway, just my 2 cents from someone who has played since launch.