Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Still no sign of Saurfang in SoO. Meanwhile, Gamon gets to fight Nazgrim. Fair?

Many of us are eagerly waiting to see if Varok Saurfang will be playing any role in the Siege of Orgrimmar. He promised Garrosh he would kill him if he ever tries to bring the horde back to their old, dark path. Shouldn't it be about time for Saurfang to take responsibility again and live up to his promise? A new batch of sound files were recently released and so far there is no sign of Saurfang. Some files are still missing, including Thrall's and Vol'Jin. The last possibility is that Saurfang is involved in the final fight against Garrosh, or Saurfang appears after he is dead.

Meanwhile, Gamon, a low level NPC from a Rogue quest during vanilla WoW has now become a high level, powerful and well known champion for the horde. He even has his own voice actor and gets to fight and kill General Nazgrim. Does that seem fair? Blizzard added Gamon in the raid only as fanservice because he has turned into a meme. It would have made more sense to let Saurfang fight and kill Nazgrim, because both of them are experienced and loyal.

Saurfang is in Razor Hill. He may straight up tell us "I'm too old for this shit".
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally find it stupid lol but I don't mind as for the Saurfang thing as Destil has stated dude's in Razorhill.

I am not sure what fairness has to do with which Npc gets to fight in the siege^^

I hope Sauerfang gets some kind of loreupdate though. Even if its just visiting him on his farm, where he sits in a chair on his porch and tells us to get off his lawn.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Eitrigg and saurfang are in the gamefiles but are not in siege or durotar... As far as I know at the moment that is :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, gotta agree with this. The thing with gamon is, he's meant to be a token joke character, always has been, he's the hordes version of hogger, and no matter what they try to do, such characters are simply something you can't take that seriously..
    Except that blizzard are trying to get us to take them seriously, having gamon kill nazgrim? that... just doesn't work blizzard, sorry, but you can't expect people to take something serious in your story if you perpetuate a character as a joke character and then change that at the 11th hour, it doesn't work from a story pov.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Please.. stop complaining about Gammon.. Or any other NPC of similar nature.. The game is at a certain age of years now. Over all these years there emerged some things, that simply turned into "pop culture".. Gammon had no real purpose whatsoever. He was a quest target that got killed by lowbies over and over again. The very same thing can be said about Hogger. The player base somehow adopted these characters, grew fond of them, made jokes, created even events involving them. Making them Pop culture.
    Blizzard notices, and pays homage to the players actions. It's a good thing really....

As for Saurfang. Well, I am sure he will appear..
    Being one of those players in support of not revealing any content until it goes live, I can certainly wait..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Blizzard didn't perpetuate Gamon as a joke. He's just a neutral character. How he is perceived is a server dependent issue. For Horde & Alliance dominant servers who regularly kill the opposing faction's leaders those characters are a joke. For instance, killing the Alliance capital leaders is a daily event on many Horde dominant servers. Alliance leaders are a joke that people farm for their mounts.

Gamon is just a nice NPC that most people on most servers don't really bother with. Gamon (obviously named for Ganon) has always been destined to play a role. Unlike Hogger, he is not an enemy npc that you have to kill. He is a neutral nice fellow who has been making friends hanging out at the tavern while inspecting the weapons rack there. Gamon is not a joke toon on the vast majority of servers. If you think Gamon is a joke toon that is completely because you are biased on the events that occurred on your server.

Gamon is an epic and legendary toon that holds The Key and today, he alone is standing up against the Kor'kron, holding his own in the very den of the beast.

For every toon with their Hearthstone set to the Org tavern he is always there to greet and comfort adventurers after their long arduous adventures. He has shared many stories, battled many friends & foes. Earned respect as a fighter. He has lost many battles, won many battles, but he has always stood on his own ground. He is like all of us in a way. He fought his way from low level toon to high level hero and stands against corruption. He has always fought to protect Org from Alliance invaders. If you believe Gamon is a joke meme toon, you have biased blinders on put on by server trolls who harassed a hero of the horde and was only killing him to torment low level rogues from doing their quests.

Gamon = Hero

Last edited by betsyross; 2013-06-28 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Saurfang is in Razor Hill.
    Still within charge/cleave distance of Orgrimmar.

Gamon is most likely going to be the new War-Chief... just saying.

Keep in mind that Gamon showing up is only for an achievement, and not neccisarily even a 'canon' ending for the fight. I would like to see Saurfang there but there are SOOOO many characters to juggle as it is I'm not sure he'll have room.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yeah, gotta agree with this. The thing with gamon is, he's meant to be a token joke character, always has been, he's the hordes version of hogger, and no matter what they try to do, such characters are simply something you can't take that seriously..
    Except that blizzard are trying to get us to take them seriously, having gamon kill nazgrim? that... just doesn't work blizzard, sorry, but you can't expect people to take something serious in your story if you perpetuate a character as a joke character and then change that at the 11th hour, it doesn't work from a story pov.

Hogger was always a badass. A bringer of many tears. He has killed many many many alliance players, more than gamon could ever hope to achieve.

Deleted
    What importance did Saurfang have in the lore, exactly? Other than being a random NPC that was the bane of alliance made raids to orgimmar in vanilla?

If that's a good criteria for being an important lore character, then that travelling mushroom vendor in Tarren mill should be the main villain in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by betsyross View Post
    Gamon (obviously named for Ganon) has always been destined to play a role.
    I really chuckled at this part.

Gamon was originally an NPC to teach Rogues how to use Pick Pocket during a Rogue Quest and he was pretty much the drunken assistant of a Troll pirate.

The only useful thing about Gamon until Cata was that Priests could Mind Control him and use one of his abilities to kick those Mammoth-Mailbox blocker off their mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... That's actually a good point. I'm all for characters like Gamon getting development, but Saurfang vs Nazgrim would've been powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    What importance did Saurfang have in the lore, exactly? Other than being a random NPC that was the bane of alliance made raids to orgimmar in vanilla?
    He received a great deal of development in Wrath, what with showing up in ICC, and playing mentor to Garrosh.

He's also perhaps the only source of insight into the "old guard" of the Horde, from the First War and earlier.
    Last edited by Meteoric; 2013-06-28 at 03:59 PM.

If that's a good criteria for being an important lore character, then that travelling mushroom vendor in Tarren mill should be the main villain in the next expansion.
    Saurfang has an important role in the Horde storyline in Wrath.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang also led the Might of Kalimdor(?) faction that fought the Silithid.

Yeah, I wonder too. Who is that nobody?

I think the inclusion of Gamon into the storyline was a nice touch. Saurfang entering the mix already is what everyone is expecting -- Gamon playing a fairly integral role was definitely not. I like a little unpredictability thrown into the storylines once in a while. Kudos to Blizzard.