This is obviously very outdated.
Before people ask/need to check, this video is June 27, 2013 so it should be "up to date".
That one where they hit level 90 in 12 hours is kind of....odd. But I guess with RAF it could be possible? Meh there has to be something about that....
EDIT: Also, 75% of people who play are dating somebody who plays WoW? Bullshit.
Also, 75% of people who play are dating somebody who plays WoW? Bullshit.
Yah, how the fuck did they quantify that? When I actually used to play a lot I knew a lot of people and eveyone of them was either in a relationship outside of WOW and if their partner was playing WOW it was mostly likely a married couple.
---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 06:29 AM ----------
If the subscriber number is outdated everything else is probably aswell.
There's an article on Kotaku about the guy that hit 90 through archeology. This video not only got his name wrong, but completely screwed up the time it took. In reality, it took the guy 12 days, not 12 hours.
EDIT: Link to the article.
12 hours, 12 days, what's the difference!
I really don't get the point of this video, the "facts" were about as interesting as saying "World of Warcraft is a video game!", at least if that one was in it'd be one of the few actual facts.
Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-06-29 at 06:37 AM.
Waaaaah this guy was mean to me! Waaaaaaaaah!
I'm mean because you're stupid.
Diablo 3 T6 Wizard
What a waste of internets...
10 Epic Facts about World of Warcraft (text version, including spelling errors and capitalisation):
10. AZEROTHE, the game's world is 80mi2 [207km2]. LONDON is around 607mi2 [1572km2] making Azeroth rather tiny
9. EVERY day 16.6 million quests are completes & 3.5 million items auctioned. The 12million players average 22.7 hours/week playing, COMPARED to 35 hours at work.
8. TAUREN DRUID Irenk reached level 90 in just 12 hours. THE average time is about 120 hours, but she did it without killing, just archaeology & gathering QUESTS.
7. NOT including Asia, which makes up 48% of the subscribers, BLIZZARD took in $800million [£518million] in 2009. This is more than GRENADA's GDP.
6. Since 2004, WORLD OF WARCRAFT has been played collectively for over 6 million years. This is 30 times longer than human beings have existed. (Poster: WHAT?!)
5. To create the GAME 150 developers wrote 5.5 million lines of code in 4 years. This translated to 30,000 ITEMS, 1,400 LOCATIONS, 7,600 MISSONS & 5,300 NPC'.
4. EASTER EGGS are rife in WoW. In a house north of Goldshire at 7.40am, 5 children for a PENTAGRAM, a BANSHEE screams & C'THUN says 'You will die'.
3. The CORRUPTED BLOOD PLAGUE was an accidental epidemic that spread throughout the game. CITIES were deserted & QUARANTINES established. Epidemiologists studied is as an example of what could happen in a real world pandemic.
2. 1 in 5 players are FEMALE, 42% of which have found themselves attracted to another player. 75% of WOW players are dating someone who plays the GAME.
1. WHEN Colleen Lachowicz ran for office, her opponents started a smear campaign based on her WOW playing. They put her face next to an ORC's, mocking her for not being in the 'real world'. She is now SENATOR OF MAINE.
"This is my story,
It'll go the way I want,
Or I'll end it here!" - Tidus (FFX)
Former unique snowflake.
thats very out dated