Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    its a reward for playing the entire expansion. not a drop off rag or illidan. it's their subtle way of stopping people who are completionists from not quitting the game.

well i cant quit the game now cause i'm still doing this quest. think about it.
    Yeah but It's still going to be common as fuck since LFR is most of the majority with that being said legendaries honestly haven't exactly been legendary since fucking Vanilla / BC days with the core rarity of both being drops.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it's a reward for playing for whole expansion (or most of it), not an item everybody needs to get (come on it's just a fucking cloak)
    I mean if you raid progression really on any level its more than that. It's not a legendary weapon but it's just as valuable. The stats + the proc are a very substantial buff.

Deleted
    Its a legendary, you are supposed to work for it.

It's not a catchup because it's a random drop. I don't see much a catchup except if they make a guaranteed drop of X items per week.

Anyway, i agree with most people - it's legendary quest line, it requires time and dedication and you're lucky enough you can do it by LFR queues only, so you don't even need to be in a group/guild to do it.

My rogue was parked for months at t14 end and for 5.2 i rerolled warrior - now both are at half way of the secrets step for the legendary meta. I am getting everything later than the people who started as soon it was available, but i'm getting them at a decent pace and i will get them no matter what. I just hope that the 5.4 patch comes like for end of august/early september so the time should be enough to get on par.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    No, it's pretty easy to do.

I started my second char on the legendary quest chain, finished the 3k valor quest 2 weeks ago and I'm currently on 10 titan stones. I don't expect to have the cloak for SoO release, but I will have it around 2 weeks into it (this all depends when it is released, probably a month from now).

Stop being so damn lazy.
    Bullshit.

You did not get all 20 Secrets in one week and then 10 titan stones the next.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Legendary thread is the most ridiculously bullshit quest they have ever added into the game.

My RNG luck is beyond trash with this quest. I still need 3 more quest items to finish the 20 items, then I get ANOTHER collecting quest to collect 12 Titan Runestones off the exact same bosses.

A Legendary or Epic quest used to be about grinding... lots and lots of grinding on mobs that seemed impossible to kill. Now, it's about just hoping you get something, whether you're AFKing or whether you're normal raiding.

Oh well, this thread like most will probably get locked/deleted anyways due to "we already have threads on this."

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 07:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmaz View Post
    Yes, qeueing up for LFR and randomly getting them sure is work.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    This Legendary thread is the most ridiculously bullshit quest they have ever added into the game.

My RNG luck is beyond trash with this quest. I still need 3 more quest items to finish the 20 items, then I get ANOTHER collecting quest to collect 12 Titan Runestones off the exact same bosses.

A Legendary or Epic quest used to be about grinding... lots and lots of grinding on mobs that seemed impossible to kill. Now, it's about just hoping you get something, whether you're AFKing or whether you're normal raiding.

Oh well, this thread like most will probably get locked/deleted anyways due to "we already have threads on this."

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 07:14 AM ----------

Yes, qeueing up for LFR and randomly getting them sure is work.
    I feel your pain!

I have the last 5 weeks gotten 4 runestones. That is 4 runestones from Lei Shen with a 100% guaranteed drop. Nothing at all from any other bosses.. RNG is a bitch!

Deleted
    The problem is because it's new everyone wants it. Why should I have to go do old stuff when I didn't have to in the last expan.

It's a nice idea for people who have stuck it out. (not so much if you have to reroll for progress)

I have the cloak on my main and now gearing up my alt and I can see why it is a pain but it's worth it.

I don't want a catchup.

I understand that Blizzard wanted to reward loyal costumers with a legendary this expansion with lockouts subscribed being the most crucial aspect of the whole chain and I am OK with it. Legendaries were always a timesink of sorts, and this time around stretching out the timesink while reducing actual effort is an interesting experiment.

However I do think that there should be some sort of account-wide feature going on. Make it so you can switch your progress between chars, or even just limit all acounts to just one legendary quest.

I have never felt so punished trying to keep alts decently up to date, never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmaz View Post
    Aw ye going afk in LFR is hard work yo which I do yeah I'll admit it I do it from time to time and I will still get a legendary hell I've retired this expansion I haven't stepped foot in a single normal mode this entire expansion alright and I'm still going to get a legendary granted I'm still on the titan runestone shit while I'm unsubbed but I plan on subbing again eventually when 5.4 is near.

Lol'd at least in fucking cata you still had to do normal modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Bullshit.

You did not get all 20 Secrets in one week and then 10 titan stones the next.
    Shit, meant 10 Secrets

If you read my entire post, you should of realised that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Aw ye going afk in LFR is hard work yo which I do yeah I'll admit it I do it from time to time and I will still get a legendary

Lol'd at least in fucking cata you still had to do normal modes.
    Wish people would stop with this crappy *yeah going AFK in LFR* stuff. Just because you might do it, and maybe a small amount of others do. Believe it or not, but alot of us don't go AFK, and alot of us actually put effort in, probably because of you folks that go AFK, so in a way thank you, cause you make my LFR's more challenging, therefore I put in the time and effort. Unlike you folks that just leech off the rest of us.

But feel good about yourself!

Let's do some math.

First stage, 20 sigils required. They're a 100% drop rate now (or very close to it): you have 16 bosses in T14 and the ToT LFR parts will drop sigils in 5.4 as well, so in short this will be doable in a single week.

Next, 3,000 VP. 3 weeks. 4 weeks total so far.

Secrets of the Empire: probably going to enjoy a buff to drop rate in 5.4, I'd imagine similar to the Sigils. So 12 bosses, 2 weeks. 6 weeks total so far.

Titan Runestones: Again, probably going to get a buff to drop rate in 5.4, though maybe not 100%. So let's say with 6 bosses who drop them it's a 50% drop rate, so you get 3 per week, 4 weeks. 10 weeks total.

There you go, you're caught up in 10 weeks. Considering each raid tier has lasted rough 6 months, this gives you PLENTY of time to catch up and get the legendary cloak while content is still relevant in 5.4.

Deleted
    the first part of the chain is easy enough and can be done in a decent time, the 3k requirement is silly easy. its just the current 5.2 quest part that can take forever with bad RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Wish people would stop with this crappy *yeah going AFK in LFR* stuff. Just because you might do it, and maybe a small amount of others do. Believe it or not, but alot of us don't go AFK, and alot of us actually put effort in, probably because of you folks that go AFK, so in a way thank you, cause you make my LFR's more challenging, therefore I put in the time and effort. Unlike you folks that just leech off the rest of us.

But feel good about yourself!
    LFR challenging now you're just being silly

TIME and EFFORT =/= LFR

In my experience when I was still subbed every fucking LFR I went had 5-8+ people AFK sitting there with there thumb up you know what while top tier people did the work for us. A lot of majority go afk and still get rewarded why?

Because there's no penalty.

Hell it can be reversed top tier people going afk while all the fucking poorly geared people do the job while the top tier people sit there watching youtube.

Great community.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-06-28 at 12:03 PM.

this is fine so long as they balance classes and specs around not having the legendary.

If they're doing the balancing assuming you have the legendary, that just arbitrarily punishes anyone who took a break, or who decides to switch characters for any reason.

The valor point step is so ... stupid. They should just drop that step already -- there is enough padding in this as it is. Runestone gathering is also a really lame step -- the drop rate is ridiculously low and RNG can just screw you. I'm probably not the only one who only started getting them when they made the drop rate off Lei Shen 100%... yet some guildies finished this step ridiculously fast while starting it the same week as me. Yeah... fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Let's do some math.
    Your math fails multiple times.

1 week for all the sigils is very lucky. 2 weeks is more like what Blizzard intended it to be, 3 if you are unlucky.

You cannot start the 3k VP part without actually earning some VP that lockout (killing Sha of Fear), so that is 4 weeks minimum not 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Aw ye going afk in LFR is hard work yo which I do yeah I'll admit it I do it from time to time and I will still get a legendary hell I've retired this expansion I haven't stepped foot in a single normal mode this entire expansion alright and I'm still going to get a legendary granted I'm still on the titan runestone shit while I'm unsubbed but I plan on subbing again eventually when 5.4 is near.
    Please tell me how you plan to afk through the solo scenario, cause I'm really interested.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Please tell me how you plan to afk through the solo scenario, cause I'm really interested.
    Oh boy a solo scenario I've done enough hard shit within the game over my years what I'm saying is simple going afk in LFR for the shit you collect is what I meant as for the fucking challenges solo scenario thing wtfever your talking about? *Rolls eyes I'll crush it just like I've done within my past.

Cocky but I have my reasons kinda of a side effect top tier raiding for so long

Kekekkeekkee