Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This whole quest chain does not fit the term "Legendary". It is just an extended RNG timesink designed to keep people playing for as long as possible.

There is only 1 person in my guild who has the cloak and they have raided normal every single week this expansion. It should be about challenges and not whether Lady Luck favours you on any particular week. It is poor design, but that seems to be the way Blizzard have taken many things this expansion.

It was a bad design though, the whole legendary quest is just an expansion long epic grind with no skill based parts, by not playing for the entire expansion (enough to keep up to date) you're also completely gimped for heroic progression raiding, as the rewards are powerful enough that you can't expect to be competitive without it.

I think it was a fairly horrible way to do a Legendary quest, a cool experiment perhaps but I hope they don't do it again.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly why legendaries should be drops. Have a really, really long and hard questline, sure. But ultimately the thing should be a really rare drop, or at least a quest item with a very low drop rate that you then go turn in and get the legendary. That system just seems to make more sense to me than the way it works now.

Would never really want to run this on any other than my main. The catch up is going to help for those that need it but bliz isnt going just hand you the 5.4 quests.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    This is exactly why legendaries should be drops. Have a really, really long and hard questline, sure. But ultimately the thing should be a really rare drop, or at least a quest item with a very low drop rate that you then go turn in and get the legendary. That system just seems to make more sense to me than the way it works now.
    What like BC shit aka Warglaives and Thoradai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The bad part about it is if you can't catch up before the next expansion it will be even harder. You can't queue for LFR if you aren't at the right level. So if you level up in the next expansion the Pandaria raids will disappear from the LFR list.
    At evel 95(100?) ToT raid will be laughable. Did DS on my monk with complete randoms who didn't know a thing (neither did I) and we downed the raid extremely easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    RAGE
    Oops think I hit a nerve? :P lol

OT: Sure it may seem right now that it would be a massive effort to catch up, but with increased drop rates being put in every now and again, and the reduced valor, I think it's still doable, and by the time the expansions over, then it's outdated anyway. I like how they have done the Legendary stuff this expansion, it feels more involved with the quest chain, story and solo scenarios. I hope they keep it up!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    This whole quest chain does not fit the term "Legendary". It is just an extended RNG timesink designed to keep people playing for as long as possible.
    Why does it not fit ? "extended RNG timesink" is what every non direct-drop legendary has always been in game

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I despise the uncreative RNG hamster ball and only have 6 runestones over 5 weeks, the difficulty and catch up don't upset me too much since the reward is a legendary (better be better than a fucking cloak). I'm just red with rage that its not account wide. This has been the most alt unfriendly expansion to date, and I don't want to do everything over again on my rogue. I'm of the mind that most things should be nearly free for alts if you've done it on your main, and they should return to the WoTLK model for gearing so we don have to struggle in the mid just to attempt current tier content
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Good, be grateful it's even POSSIBLE to get a legendary from LFR. Oh no not everyone in the game is gonna have it... boo fucking hoo - It's not even a legendary anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I have to disagree here, as someone who long farmed Warglaives with no luck, I definitely wouldn't want a "you may never see them in your life regardless of how good you are, or how hard you try)" legendary again. There were guilds with multiple sets and there were guilds without any warglaives (like Nihilum, for example).

Wrath of the Lich King got it pretty right with the Healing mace and Shadowmourne. It was a balance between skill and grinding, though they did the same thing in Cataclysm it became a fair bit easier and as a result you saw a lot more legendaries in Cata.

in MOP all who complete the legendary grind shall be LEGENDARY!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    LFR challenging now you're just being silly

TIME and EFFORT =/= LFR

In my experience when I was still subbed every fucking LFR I went had 5-8+ people AFK sitting there with there thumb up you know what while top tier people did the work for us. A lot of majority go afk and still get rewarded why?

Because there's no penalty.

Hell it can be reversed top tier people going afk while all the fucking poorly geared people do the job while the top tier people sit there watching youtube.

Great community.
    Don't think you know what you're talking about. Not only top tier people carry AFK-ers. Even some LFR-decked out people and some normal mode raiders also carry you. And if the situation was reversed, if we were to sit there AFK while you try to do the work, the only people remaining alive on Durumu would be the tanks n a few select others. Either that or the bosses will take 10-15 mins to die.

Also regardless of any penalty talk, let's imagine an outside subjective eye looking at us both, me doing my best even though I don't need gear just some secrets or stones, and you AFK-ing. That eye will wonder, the former is having fun while farming his legendary, but why is the latter torturing himself like that? It would think such behavior is pathetic, defies the point of playing the game. Farming a legendary just to use it for more AFK action later on.

On topic, legendary catch up would probably promote more toxic behavior.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Good, be grateful it's even POSSIBLE to get a legendary from LFR.
    I'd much prefer it not be possible to get a legendary, from LFR or anywhere else. It's a net negative for the game, IMO.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries as drops were awful. It doesn't feel very special past the epeen waving. Legendary quest chains, whether all the people commenting like it or not, are sensical and more rewarding. It shows that you put in some effort, extended over a time period, and you have rewards to show for it.

It's a second line of progression that has a story, loot, and makes you do different types of content. I think they should take this design, make it even bigger, and keep doing it from now on. It's a great new progression path. It needs to have more steps and more (non stat based) rewards though.

As a side note, I've gotten lazy and cba to cap my valor. Not that it's difficult, but the efficient ways aren't enjoyable to me. With that being said, I have no problems that I might not get to the end as it's my fault. I don't blame the game for requiring x valor, or that it's easier accomplished by playing continuously. I'm the one who chose to take breaks, I'm the one who doesn't cap valor, so Im' the one still stuck on that part on 3 different characters.

There's no reason anyone should be complaining and demanding catch ups. (Though even with the increased drop chances on mogu runes..yeah...RNG is dumb. I have 16 power and 1 wisdom on one character. Completely fubar)
    BAD WOLF

there's nothing legendary about the legendary. i have more runestones on my alt than my main, and got the LMG two weeks before my main on my alt.

and people talking about the legendary being 'not a big deal' you are just delusional. especially the metagem, classes were balanced around the buff uptime. the cape procs are likely to function in a similar way.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing "Legendary" about something being a random drop.

However, having an item that STARTS a legendary questline be an extremely random drop is a great way to do it.

Take Quel'Serrar as an example (pretend it was Legendary).
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Imo, people should have an incentive not to reroll whenever another class becomes fotm.
    I think it's absolutely fine the way it is.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My overall problem with the legendary quest line isn't the fact that you still have to do all of the parts... it's the fact that you still have to them all consecutively. You can't even begin to work on the second stage until the first stage is done, 3rd stage until the 2nd, etc etc.

And what is the second stage? Get 3k VP? Used to be 6k? Why couldn't you have worked on doing that at the same time that you were getting your Sigils? And why can't you be working on getting Secrets at the same time as getting Sigils?

Make us jump through the hoops still, that's fine. But let us jump through them concurrently. That's the only part that irks me.

Just another pointless complaint thread. What's your solution? They should just give it to you?

3K valor and quest item proc rate increase is enough.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    My overall problem with the legendary quest line isn't the fact that you still have to do all of the parts... it's the fact that you still have to them all consecutively. You can't even begin to work on the second stage until the first stage is done, 3rd stage until the 2nd, etc etc.

And what is the second stage? Get 3k VP? Used to be 6k? Why couldn't you have worked on doing that at the same time that you were getting your Sigils? And why can't you be working on getting Secrets at the same time as getting Sigils?

Make us jump through the hoops still, that's fine. But let us jump through them concurrently. That's the only part that irks me.
    No, what irks you is that you can't get something people worked weeks for quicker than them because you started late.... You sound ridiculous.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    No, what irks you is that you can't get something people worked weeks for quicker than them because you started late.... You sound ridiculous.

The only reason it took that long is because it was gated. You will still have to do the same amount of "work" if they let you do them all at once.

Actual time spent on the quest won't change. just the time in between is what changes.