Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I'm looking at a 30 minute wait for LFR on my DK and although I can pull 40 quest mobs at once when my better geared rogue can pull like 3, I don't see how the 3k (formerly 6k) valor obstacle and all the assorted RNG collection quests can be overcome before WoW hits version 6.

If you haven't been on top of this shit, you're not going to get it.
    If you just chip away at it, you can certainly attain what you need to.

It's fairly obvious that this chain was intended for folks who would play on a pretty consistent basis, and equally importantly, pick up the quest EARLY. I did neither of these things, and wound up in a catch up situation where, for example, by the time I got the quest that asks me to get exalted status, I had already been that for about 3 weeks. And when getting to the part where he asks for secrets of the empire, I had already seen more than enough of ToT, and had no real drive to go back.

So I wave the white flag on this one as well, but I certainly know it's because of the way I tackled it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    No, what irks you is that you can't get something people worked weeks for quicker than them because you started late.... You sound ridiculous.
    No, it's actually quite easy to wind up doing a LOT more work to catch up than someone who's done this quest on a gated pace. The sigils / secrets etc that he requires don't drop at all unless you're ON that part of the quest. The only aspects of the quest that count what you've already earned is his exalted status requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    Just another pointless complaint thread. What's your solution? They should just give it to you?
    That legendary items and quests be abolished from the game. They simply don't contribute to a net positive experience.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That legendary items and quests be abolished from the game. They simply don't contribute to a net positive experience.
    Care to explain further? Cause I haven't had a bad experience working on it yet.

In other words your post is 100% subjective so stop trying to play it as a fact.

a few bits of rng is the main issue otherwise i don't see any problem with the legendary quest, isn't all loot rng? you can clear 13/13 25 heroic ToT and not see a caster weapon for 6 weeks, so i don't see the problem.

Are people really suggesting LFR is hard content? Way to go offtopic and be grossly wrong, rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't honestly tell the that so many people in this thread are delusional to think Blizzard is "rewarding" their loyal playerbase for sticking around...

They implemented this quest the way it is to keep people subscribed and coming back each week. That's all this entire Legendary chain has been about it.

Look guys, I like the game as much as some of you, but it just amazes me how the majority of people on MMO-C have this "Blizzard can do no wrong" attitude. Unless of course there's a 1% spell nerf for their favorite class on the PTR notes, then, GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS.

Blizzard didn't implement this Legendary to reward anyone.. they did it simply because it was a nice technique of gating to keep people playing. I guarantee you inside their own little meetings, even they're starting to re-think some of the strategy they've used in this expansion to keep people interested such as gated content.

I dont raid all to serious (Done 7 bosses in ToT, very casual), but isnt it all about drops in this quest chain? I'm at the "Win BGs" part, cant be arsed though it isnt all to hard. And when people say stuff like that Titan Runestones are a pain in the ass, does that mean you have to do something, or wait for them to drop? :P because relying on RNG isnt realy a pain in the ass, just annoying.

I'd wish it was like you had to do something extra to obtain the items you need (Like Shadowmourn quests?), and not just RNG after RNG after RNG. On my alt I'm still on the first step with over 20 Sigil of Powers and 7 Sigil of Wisdom, because they never drop for me in LFR or normal..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Care to explain further? Cause I haven't had a bad experience working on it yet.

In other words your post is 100% subjective so stop trying to play it as a fact.
    You're right, it was subjective, and I should have stated that. But having said that, I stand by my position. I don't think the legendary quest contributes anything positive to my game experience, even if it is available in the content (LFR) that I am doing. It's grindy and not legendary at all. And it's obviously and insultingly manipulative. It makes me want to do the exact opposite of its intent, and unsub from the expansion rather than finish it, just to spite the developers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, it was subjective, and I should have stated that. But having said that, I stand by my position. I don't think the legendary quest contributes anything positive to my game experience, even if it is available in the content (LFR) that I am doing. It's grindy and not legendary at all. And it's obviously and insultingly manipulative. It makes me want to do the exact opposite of its intent, and unsub from the expansion rather than finish it, just to spite the developers.

Much better way to put it.

Though if you were raiding normals this whole time you didn't have to go in lfr to complete it.

Killing the elite that needs a group is the only tricky part. likely, and that's because it's phased and you can't get "outside" help.

@Nonslid; Generally, annoying and pain in the neck are interchangeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Killing the elite that needs a group is the only tricky part. likely, and that's because it's phased and you can't get "outside" help.
    It was nerfed in 5.3, if you can't solo it, you can 2 man it easily.

It's a good addition to the game and it won't take long to catch up at all. It's already a bit too quick for the rewards you get and you're lucky you can get the drops in LFR.

Don't like it, don't do it. If you don't raid at a high level, why would you need it? If you're a completionist who doesn't raid, you shouldn't care how long it takes, as long as you progress each week.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-06-28 at 04:50 PM.

There is nothing particularly manipulative about it. Anyone who has played this game more than a month realizes that it's generally set up to reward consistent play rather than a routine of subbing / unsubbing.

I'd bet on seeing more long-term content like this in the future, in fact.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There is nothing particularly manipulative about it. Anyone who has played this game more than a month realizes that it's generally set up to reward consistent play rather than a routine of subbing / unsubbing.

I'd bet on seeing more long-term content like this in the future, in fact.
    You're right, it's not manipulative at all as the goal of the game is to retain subscribers and to also reward continual play. If an MMO stops rewarding continual play, not only will the lose money/people, but it won't feel as rewarding to the players that do stick around.

I think this expansion has been the most punishing for unsubbing/resubbing, though it hasn't stopped me at all. I think it's a good thing for the game to be honest. As someone who realizes what I'm giving up when I unsub for a month or two, there's nothing wrong with what they are doing. The game needs more of it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    It's a Legendary, there shouldn't really be a catchup. Those Titan Runestones though are a pain in the @ss.
    the universal rule of wow: does a quest give you less things to collect? then it is because its a far bigger pain in the arse to collect them.

Learnt that back in vanilla with that stupid badlands quest for a drake heart that you had to farm for like 7 hours or more if unlucky with rng.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree wholeheartedly Osmeric, except I did unsub rather than continue down this path.

I am not blind to the fact that this game revolves around RNG, that's why we down bosses every week, to get that elusive drop. What I don't agree with is the excessive layering of RNG throughout the whole chain.

1. Collect these 20 sigils....fine, some RNG, shouldn't be too bad.....smiley face
    2. Collect 20 Secrets of the Empire......oh, some more RNG.......grumble, grumble
    3. Now go back and do those six bosses again for 12 Runestones.......more blasted RNG........fuck off

one character should count for all to some extent. why can't we just tell wrathion to turn the fuck around and look at all the sigils and stones on the table that we already gave him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    one character should count for all to some extent. why can't we just tell wrathion to turn the fuck around and look at all the sigils and stones on the table that we already gave him.
    Or atleast make the ones you didnt use BoA... I got so many Sigil of Wisdom on my pala main, and I only need those on my DK alt.. But they never drop
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It was nerfed in 5.3, if you can't solo it, you can 2 man it easily.

It's a good addition to the game and it won't take long to catch up at all. It's already a bit too quick for the rewards you get and you're lucky you can get the drops in LFR.

Don't like it, don't do it. If you don't raid at a high level, why would you need it? If you're a completionist who doesn't raid, you shouldn't care how long it takes, as long as you progress each week.
    The "rewards" you get, you don't even get until you've been on the quest for weeks, because the sha-touched gem is useless.

So, the first useful thing is an extra socket and you need, what, at least 6 weeks to get that from the time you start?

I'm not complaining, just observing.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    You can't honestly tell the that so many people in this thread are delusional to think Blizzard is "rewarding" their loyal playerbase for sticking around...

They implemented this quest the way it is to keep people subscribed and coming back each week. That's all this entire Legendary chain has been about it.

Look guys, I like the game as much as some of you, but it just amazes me how the majority of people on MMO-C have this "Blizzard can do no wrong" attitude. Unless of course there's a 1% spell nerf for their favorite class on the PTR notes, then, GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS.

Blizzard didn't implement this Legendary to reward anyone.. they did it simply because it was a nice technique of gating to keep people playing. I guarantee you inside their own little meetings, even they're starting to re-think some of the strategy they've used in this expansion to keep people interested such as gated content.
    Oh, look, a KBWarriors post.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? We're discussing a legendary a number of us are excited to get.

If you really think that's why they implemented the Legendary quest you need to reflect on your life a tad bit. They didn't want people to be excluded from Legendaries being Class Specific any longer, and an expansion long way of creating a Legendary feels more rewarding than just doing it in the span of a few weeks.

I think you've had your tinfoil hat on for way too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    If you really think that's why they implemented the Legendary quest you need to reflect on your life a tad bit. They didn't want people to be excluded from Legendaries being Class Specific any longer, and an expansion long way of creating a Legendary feels more rewarding than just doing it in the span of a few weeks.
    Except there was an easier (and cheaper) way of avoid class-specific legendary angst: do not include legendary items at all. The content must have SOME purpose to justify its inclusion. What do you think that purpose is?