Windwalker Monks 2s ? (How do you beat them)

Pretty much what the title says, My partner is a mage in 2s and we are both pretty much full Tyrannical Only need 1 more item each or something, And we just struggle against Monk teams, We find it impossible to cc them, Should my mage just spam sheeps on them or what ?

And as blizzard think its a fantastic idea to buff them in 5.4 i think its going to be even more of a pain in the ass to beat WW monks in 2s. I have no idea what they are like in 3s but in 2s they are literally impossible to kill, With a healing partner. R shaman / Disc priest Most of the time. Even with a Lock partner we just can't do anything.

Any advice would be sick and help me and my mate out a lot.

WW monks excel in 2's/1v1's, not much you can do, but try and force a karma early then switch to his partner. then blow him up after karma is down.

Yeah they seem to excel, We usually Force karma And nimble brew quite quick, Then we swap on to the healer usually a disc priest right now and sometimes R shamans But when the priest swaps and RoP is used we just cant do anything. Whats the best talent choices for rogue / mage right now against WW teams ? because there must be a better way to kill healers in this patch.

Oh.. he's running with a healer? yeah.... you won't win unless they're undergeared/alot less skilled. monks with healers are really good at surviving casters.
    Monks can go defensive really fast, transcendence behind a pillar whenever their healer is cc'd, and paralyze/RoP you when you try and kill his healer.

As for talents, i can't give advice there as i don't play a rogue/mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Oh.. he's running with a healer? yeah.... you won't win unless they're undergeared/alot less skilled. monks with healers are really good at surviving casters.
    Monks can go defensive really fast, transcendence behind a pillar whenever their healer is cc'd, and paralyze/RoP you when you try and kill his healer.
    Why are blizzard buffing them then in 5.4 then? surely they know this is a problem ?

Well, thats because blizzard doesn't balance around 1v1/2v2, monks are very easy to kill in 3's/rbgs, hence the buffs.

WW are like Ret in 3s, they ride the pain train (they get trained).

In 1s/2s, they can handle the damage. I don't really see them any differently from other DPS in 2s though. Force CDs, CC healer, kill.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

Quote Originally Posted by Atomise View Post
    Why are blizzard buffing them then in 5.4 then? surely they know this is a problem ?
    Because not everyone has problems with them. Besides, you're double DPS I presume. You're not supposed to kill players who outplay you.

Just get a hunter in your team and faceroll monks.

I'd rather fight frost mages or rogues than huntards. Double BW, double detterence, double shit on a stick. Hell, all they're missing is a double stampede.

Because 2v2 balance don't matter.

Because they are awful in everything except 1v1 and 2's (with a healer) and probably the fact that their new class only has like 2-3% max representation in 3s and probably only 0.5% of that are WindWalker.

As a Rogue it's actually really simple:

You find a wind walker monk who isn't very good at dueling.

Because monks are rather weak. You should cry about mages, those are the OP ones. Oh wait you play with one.

I've only played with a Windwalker in 2s and it was amazing. His ring of peace made me almost unkillable, and we were almost unstoppable. Even OOMing OP healer + melee teams as double DPS.

This is kinda funny since last patch WW monks sucked, and so many ppl complained about playing them. As for me I only noticed a slight buff to WW monks in 2's. They're balanced just about right imo. I can kill them with my hunter in 2's decently, very few get the upperhand. And my alt who is MW monk with a ret pally partner can take out WW monks. But my partner has complained that he trouble taking out WW monks now. But I haven't had aprob with them. WW monks seem ok but not OP.